A Better Death Penalty

MurpfullMurpfull Join Date: 2016-05-11 Member: 216640Members
edited November 2017 in Ideas and Suggestions
The current death penalty for the game is not really that bad, or hard to avoid. Especially on survival where sometime is is easier just to save your inventory by entering your base, life pod, Cyclops, eat some rotten crepvine and die. I think it would be a bit nicer if you always lost the basic material i.e. ores, seeds, plants, and the also lost the more complex items that had not been saved in the current system.

Comments

• Sample_TextSample_Text Join Date: 2016-12-13 Member: 224913Members
    maybe when you die you wake up in the lifepod or base and you are reset to the day after, like a bad dream or something.
  • jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    Death Penalty is my favorite gun for Vincent..... Wait wrong game
  • zimmymzimmym Australia Join Date: 2016-12-18 Member: 225102Members
    Maybe you could suggest a superior method to the current penalty instead of admitting that this problem exists.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    TBH, I find the term "death penalty" odd

Isn't it technically a "respawn penalty" :trollface:
  • justi18562justi18562 Join Date: 2017-02-28 Member: 228386Members
    How about health, food and water are set to 50 % and the game puts you one day ahead losing power to bases, and vehicles are damaged.
  • SnailsAttackSnailsAttack Join Date: 2017-02-09 Member: 227749Members
    justi18562 wrote: »
    How about health, food and water are set to 50 % and the game puts you one day ahead losing power to bases, and vehicles are damaged.
    That's even more annoying.
  • MaalterommMaalteromm Brasil Join Date: 2017-09-22 Member: 233183Members
    edited December 2017
    I suggested somewhere else a system that's essentially a savepoint, in which the player is only allowed to save the game inside powered bases (or just autosave when you enter one). Then in the eventuality of character death it would just revert back to the last save, resetting everything you did since then.

This would fix the cheap save/reload strategy and make death more unpleasant, while giving an incentive to build extra bases.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Maalteromm wrote: »
    I suggested somewhere else a system that's essentially a savepoint, in which the player is only allowed to save the game inside powered bases (or just autosave when you enter one). Then in the eventuality of character death it would just revert back to the last save, resetting everything you did since then.

This would fix the cheap save/reload strategy and make death more unpleasant, while giving an incentive to build extra bases.

Should make two survival modes then. One with this, and one without.