There's something you don't see everyday

Erian_SErian_S TW Join Date: 2014-05-10 Member: 195949Members

Comments

• MouseMouse The Lighter Side of Pessimism Join Date: 2002-03-02 Member: 263Members, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    How'd that happen?
  • IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    Mouse wrote: »
    How'd that happen?

Well if you look at the kill feed you can clearly see a hive and a command station were destroyed, and if they're both destroyed within a small window of time then it's a draw game.

The rarest of endings.
  • MouseMouse The Lighter Side of Pessimism Join Date: 2002-03-02 Member: 263Members, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Mouse wrote: »
    How'd that happen?

Well if you look at the kill feed you can clearly see a hive and a command station were destroyed, and if they're both destroyed within a small window of time then it's a draw game.

The rarest of endings.

I thought it'd be something like that. Does anyone know if there are any esoteric ways to force a win or draw?
    Maybe if both teams build a wonder at the same time and then neither wonder is destroyed before the count down ends.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
  • NintendowsNintendows Join Date: 2016-11-07 Member: 223716Members, Squad Five Blue
    You have about 0.75 seconds after having your last hive killed to also kill the last CC. It's not a very large window!
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    I remember seeing a thread about this a while (years) back. It definitely doesn't happen often.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    I can confirm that it happens in less than 1% of games.
  • SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Oh man, I think I just lost my appetite
  • .trixX..trixX. Budapest Join Date: 2007-10-11 Member: 62605Members
  • BestProfileNameBestProfileName Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177320Members
    Got over 1000 hours, only ever happened to me once. I think I saw it once in a competitive game, too.
  • antouantou France Join Date: 2016-07-24 Member: 220615Members
    edited December 2017
    @BestProfileName it happened to me during an ENSL match, I can't seem to find the replay on twitch, but I remember there was a lot of confusion :D
  • YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Of nearly 14 years of playing the NS series, I've only ever happen to see this ONCE, you sir are part of the privileged few, enjoy this moment!
  • TinCanTinCan Join Date: 2006-12-11 Member: 59010Members
    Seen it once while playing. That was a fun game leading up to the draw too so we were all pleased!

I suppose another way it could be a draw is if all players go to the readyroom at the same time. That would take some coordination on its own. 20 players, "OK ready?" "ready" "not yet" "Ready?" "OK" "5, 4, 3" "wait!" "ok" "ready?" "OK" "5, 4, 3..." "now?"

• antouantou France Join Date: 2016-07-24 Member: 220615Members
    How does Hive cope with draws by the way ? ^^
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited December 2017
    antou wrote: »

After three times, the Universe uninstalls the human race and will reboot. So we've got two times left before the end times are here
  • .trixX..trixX. Budapest Join Date: 2007-10-11 Member: 62605Members
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    antou wrote: »

After three times, the Universe uninstalls the human race and will reboot. So we've got two times left before the end times are here

GAME OVER MAN!
  • SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    How many times have we been reset?
    edited December 2017
    How many times have we been reset?

We are right now in the forty-second Universe

edited December 2017
    How do I go back?

Well there are a few hypothetical ways to go back in time, here are a few mainstream options. Build yourself a spaceship and slingshot around a star, we have the 1.21 Giggawatt car driven at 88Mph, borrow H.G. Wells' time machine or get yourself a TT Capsule and ask an odd looking fellow with a PHD in WTF to take you on a trip back to the past. Perhaps we can exploit the Spark Engine's ability to reset the Universe, without uninstalling humanity to take us all back to the beginning...

Although I'm not entirely sure if "going back in time" applies to going back to earlier models of the Universe, you'd might need more energy than is available in the entire Universe... I mean before every reset, what or where is time.

Also how many Duracell is required to "keep going" :trollface:

And with all that bull honky, I'll leave you in the capable hands of mr. Arnold here

mqdefault.jpg
    edited December 2017
    Perhaps it would be easier to build the machine from Primer and build a causality loop in which my quantum-states can prevent such an event from occurring. I'll have to create several Steam accounts and play NS2 with different names, on different computers at different locations, and keep track of the servers I play on with a written notepad that iterates through several different timelines until it reaches SquishpokePOOPFACE-Prime, who then can deliver written instructions to SquishpokePOOPFACE-subprimes 000-???? in order to prevent any paradox events that may occur as a result. I'll probably have to designate a fail-safe SquishpokePOOPFACE "SuperPrime," or "Alpha" to have control of the origin machine without giving that knowledge to SquishpokePOOPFACE-Prime (and subsequent subprimes), in order to prevent a rogue agent from deviating from the agreed-upin quantum states by terminating the origin loop if necessary. Depending on the results of the origin loop, SquishpokePOOPFACE-Alpha may need to oversee and design several loops in parallel in order to prevent the NS2 tie-game from eliminating all known quantum states that we have worked so hard to keep in existence. In fact, now that I think on this more, SquishpokePOOPFACE-Alpha needs to be kept in check by another SquishpokePOOPFACE that does not know how to build the machines. We can designate this version as SquishpokePOOPFACE-Omega, who has a remote-controlled activator for a cyanide pill secretly installed inside of SquishpokePOOPFACE-Alpha.
    eqlr2b36t4x7.jpeg