Bonesharks gone insane?

Obsidian_ThirteenObsidian_Thirteen Columbia, MO Join Date: 2017-02-26 Member: 228284Members
So, I've recently been firing up SubNautica for the first time in several months. Basically, the first time since the 3-in-1 update.

Something I've noticed immediately is that in some places, not only are there *way* more Bonesharks than there used to be, but they are also far more dangerous. I don't remember them doing this much damage to the Seamoth before, nor do I remember them being *this* aggressive. Some of them now chase me for hundreds of meters.

Is there any chance this might change in another update? A lot about the new updates is great, but this just seems ridiculous.

Comments

• SnailsAttackSnailsAttack Join Date: 2017-02-09 Member: 227749Members
    Trying to explore the underwater islands/mountains is just a cycle of getting in and out of your seamoth over and over again to repair it whilst blasting bonesharks away every with the propulsion cannon every couple of seconds.

the devs really gotta make them less aggressive
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Trying to explore the underwater islands/mountains is just a cycle of getting in and out of your seamoth over and over again to repair it whilst blasting bonesharks away every with the propulsion cannon every couple of seconds.

the devs really gotta make them less aggressive

I just want my M41A Pulse Rifle
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    They're sensitive to light. Try shutting your floodlights off.
  • RezcaRezca United States Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216078Members
    edited December 2017
    0x6A7232 wrote: »
    They're sensitive to light. Try shutting your floodlights off.

So I've heard but.... Nothing really seems to actually suggest that's true.

I turn my lights off, they come from 70m away to shred the thing.
    I toss a flare down nearby, then hide to watch what happens. They go for the seamoth, which has its lights turned off.
    I have the cyclops on with its lights switched on, toss a flare down too for good measure, they go for the seamoth - which still has its lights turned off. Or me. Sometimes they go for me too.

They... I've never actually seen anything in my entire time playing Subnautica, that suggests they really are attracted to light. They seem more attracted to the player and his vehicles than to light itself. Then again, most of the fauna seem to act like homing missiles aimed at you just by being in the same biome as them. There's no in between, no dynamic relations and coexistence, it's just everything's programmed to hate your very existence and go out of their way to drop whatever they're doing and make you miserable.

Except for the Stalker, who you actually can interact with to an extent.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    @Belgarel can you take a look at the AI? I noticed this the other day, they came from a mile away and crammed into the wreck entrance to try to get me (I drowned cause I couldn't get ot my Seamoth, which was also at the entrance).
  • ZoumanZouman Join Date: 2018-01-23 Member: 235473Members
    Use vortex missile.