[BUG] Low Framerate on Load, High-End PC [57211]

BylliGoatBylliGoat United States Join Date: 2017-11-25 Member: 234114Members
Subnautica Version - Experimental Dec-2017 57211

Description - I've started over in this game 4 to 5 times now, partly to try different things, but mostly because the framerate drops inevitably, but unpredictably, into the single digits when I load the save game. Sometimes it corrects itself within moments and I'm playing at 60 fps, no problems. But if it doesn't jump to 60 fps within those first few moments, than it will remain in the single digits indefinitely. I built a chair in the cyclops purely so I could sit and wait for the game to stabilize but as of right now I've been staring out the window for over an hour with still no sign of improvement.

I've already tried clearing the cache as so many people have suggested, it doesn't help, and potentially makes things worse. I tried deconstructing a substantial amount of my Seabase (4 alien containment units and a scanner room) to see if it helped, and no change. Graphics settings have no impact.

I'm kind of at my wits end here because I'm further than I've ever gotten before and really don't want to restart the game. Again, the game runs completely smooth at 60 fps most of the time, but eventually I just get stuck in this situation where the game can't seem to load properly. Please help!

Intel i5 3.2GHz CPU
GPU nVidia GTX 1080 (8GB VRAM)
24GB RAM
Game runs off SSD, but had these issues on HDD as well.

Comments

• BylliGoatBylliGoat United States Join Date: 2017-11-25 Member: 234114Members
    Updated to 57217 - still getting 1fps loading my save game. Please don't make me start all over again! I'd end up just using the console to achieve a comparable resource availability and it would just ruin the experience.
    Updated to 57247 - still getting 1fps.
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Can you upload your saved game? We can try and see if it happens on our systems.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    If you don't know how to do that, there's a guide in the second line of my signature (upload your saved game file and send it to the devs).

TL;DR: Use 7zip or WinRAR and compress to a .7z or .rar your \Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\SNAppData\SavedGames\slot00xx folder, where xx is the number of the save (check the screenshot.jpg inside the slot folder if you're not sure).

Also include (drag n drop to the created archive from above) the saved output of dxdiag (start, type dxdiag, load it up, click "save all information") and your \Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\output_log.txt

If you don't have and don't want to get WinRAR or 7zip, you can use Windows' built-in zip utility, but it won't compress as much. Right-click the folder and click "Send To > Compressed (zipped) folder" - then drag the two txt files I mentioned above onto it after it's created.
    Awesome, I'll try that out. Thanks!
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Zjzk2NUL-Af9123QPiSe7izN1Twvs0hv Here ya go. Should have everything in there. Thanks for all the great work!
    While you're in there, my Cyclops has been eating all of its upgrades as well. I've been having to use the console to get them back each time I load the game.
  • RedhandsRedhands Somewhere Join Date: 2017-12-17 Member: 234464Members
    57895 : Trying a batch or steam command line with -force-d3d12 and giving feedback would be appreciated. I managed to test both dx11 & 12 and it appears I've got more constant fps from 57 to 70fps with d3d12 on my RX Vega64lq. d3d11(37 to 70). Keep in mind I did several test switching from 11 to 12. (btw : all graphic options maxed @1440p)