Development of the PDApp

Comments

• RecursionRecursion The cosmos Join Date: 2017-07-01 Member: 231505Members
    edited November 2017
    Ignore this please, stuff happened, ignore this completely.
    dasCKD wrote: »
    @Recursion It does depend on how much time I can sequester from tomorrow's schedule. If you set the deadline for the sprites at the end of the upcoming sunday, I should have everything finished by then.

Next Sunday will be fine, I might be able to release on Monday. How do you want to be credited in the full release?
  • supertiger2340supertiger2340 Eugene OR USA Join Date: 2017-07-21 Member: 231956Members
    edited November 2017
    Recursion wrote: »
    Thanks for the PDA feel
    d11dlghld4ig.png

Also the map displays in the background and I was wondering if you could fix that.
    Good job

First of all, thank @dasCKD for the art, not me. Secondly, What's your resolution? I've designed it for my own tablet(1024 x 600), but yours might be a bit different.
    How do I find it?

Also shout-out to @dasCKD
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    It depends some on your tablet. Google is your friend, if you know the right question to ask. "What is the resolution for (my tablet)". If you need to know model, you can usually find "about" near the help button.
    edited December 2017
    Just a quick update, I've finished the polish stage, but I can get some stuff done in the release stage, So I'm going to do a bit of that now, and update later today, so update:
    • Test for bugs(inventory, main HUD, bootup, map, databank, camera)
    • create new system for personal databank articles(Create "new article" button, ditch "Save article "button)
    • delete inventory toggles
    • delete photos
    • have map tell distances for meters and yards
    • streamline package(Change resolution and quality of sprites(so that they take up less space(Check editor log)), check all code, move sprites to different folders)
    • Release on google play(when everything is done and people think it is ready)
    narfblat wrote: »
    It depends some on your tablet. Google is your friend, if you know the right question to ask. "What is the resolution for (my tablet)". If you need to know model, you can usually find "about" near the help button.

Or, you might be able to find it using bluetooth, and that should give you it's model.
    So, here's the APK, and the new release(wrote polish there before I realised!) roadmap is just the same as the one 2 comments above this comment, because i just updated it as I went. So, you can now get the distance between beacons in meters and yards, as well as kilometers and miles, and The map is now officially bug-free(I fixed a few beacon name bugs, and a save/load bug). Also, I now have a release(never thought I'd see that word) date! I think I might be able to get it out on monday or tuesday, but not any time before them, due to art requirments.
  • supertiger2340supertiger2340 Eugene OR USA Join Date: 2017-07-21 Member: 231956Members
    Yay! No more confusing manual updates!
    edited December 2017
    Yay! No more confusing manual updates!

Last confusing manual update today! Also, The map isn't completely bug free, Just one more little bug to fix, But I know exactly how do fix it. I'll also confirm the bootup and main HUD bug-free later today(I've tested them, just need to fix them).
    @dasCKD , how do you want to be credited for your art?
    edited December 2017
    Just another live roadmap.
    • Test for bugs(inventory, main HUD, bootup,map, databank, camera)
    • create new system for personal databank articles
    • delete photos
    • streamline package(Change resolution and quality of sprites(so that they take up less space(Check editor log)), move sprites to different folders)
    • Release on google play
  • BlueSpottedPepperBlueSpottedPepper Austria Join Date: 2017-10-21 Member: 233656Members
    • create new system for personal databank articles(Create "new article" button, ditch "Save article "button)
    • delete photos
    • streamline package(Change resolution and quality of sprites(so that they take up less space(Check editor log)), move sprites to different folders)
    • Release on google play

Hey, great job! You are actually releasing it on google play! By the way, with "really well made and clean" I meant exactly what you are doing right now,of course I also have to thank @dasCKD . I hope your app is sucessful!
    • delete photos
    • Release on google play

Hey, great job! You are actually releasing it on google play! By the way, with "really well made and clean" I meant exactly what you are doing right now,of course I also have to thank @dasCKD . I hope your app is sucessful!

Thanks! If you check back at different times during the day You can see what I have left to do, on the roadmap 2 comments above me.
    edited December 2017
    Yet another live roadmap:
    • Test for bugs(inventory(only 2 bugs in it!), main HUD, bootup,map, databank, camera(save/load bug, camera rotation bug))
    • delete photos
    • Release on google play
    It's strange to think this will be the last APK I upload. Anyway, You can see what I've done on the roadmap below, And if it weren't for the 2 camera bugs, I would confidently say that It would come out on monday, but as it is, It might come out on monday or tuesday.
    • Test for bugs(inventory(only 2 bugs in it!), main HUD, bootup,map, databank, camera(save/load bug, camera rotation bug))
    • delete photos
    • Release on google play
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    edited December 2017
    License "...hate messages for that reason(and would actually..." Needs a space between "reason" and "(and"

Pink background pillarboxes behind license that get replaced with the map once it loads (landscape mode), this is on a Note 8 2960x1440 resolution. Flipping vertical cuts some of the side margins off and leaves map at the top and bottom.

Pillarboxes continue once license has been accepted (probably just a screen width ratio issue?)
    Battery meter works, just noticed that, haha. Nifty!
    edited December 2017
    0x6A7232 wrote: »
    License "...hate messages for that reason(and would actually..." Needs a space between "reason" and "(and"

Pink background pillarboxes behind license that get replaced with the map once it loads (landscape mode), this is on a Note 8 2960x1440 resolution. Flipping vertical cuts some of the side margins off and leaves map at the top and bottom.

Pillarboxes continue once license has been accepted (probably just a screen width ratio issue?)

Sorry about the typos, I'm going to redraft that anyway though, Let me see about the vertical issues, I'm going away for the weekend, but I might be able to upload a new APK with different settings(I currently have all the canvas scalers set to "Expand", I'm going to try them with "Match width and height").
    Doesn't seem to be. :/ I uninstalled the old version as well.
    Screenshots: (set to collab, should be able to comment and add) https://photos.app.goo.gl/eerh40BYJoMVUbq93
    It works! The initial screen is flawless. Some issues after that, which I think you said you were aware of. Updated previous album with 2 new screenshots.
  • dasCKDdasCKD Join Date: 2017-11-14 Member: 233978Members

I don't mind that much, I didn't do a lot. Just stick me in the credits with the rest of the peoplke on the credit screens, if you have one.
    edited December 2017

I don't mind that much, I didn't do a lot. Just stick me in the credits with the rest of the peoplke on the credit screens, if you have one.

I'll put you in with @0x6A7232 's idea then.
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    Holy crap.

I was gone for a long time.

How has this been going?
  • dasCKDdasCKD Join Date: 2017-11-14 Member: 233978Members
    Image files have been updated to match specifications. You can find all of the files in the drive.
    Holy crap.

I was gone for a long time.

How has this been going?

Pretty well, Release should be today or tomorrow, if I can fix 2 bugs.
    Image files have been updated to match specifications. You can find all of the files in the drive.

Thanks for that, i'll implement them today.
    narfblat wrote: »

Actually I'm using my phone.

But now that I'm thinking about it... How about about cross device cloud saves @Recursion