[MOD] suspensions railway's Modding Emporium

2»

Comments

• suspensionrailwaysuspensionrailway the best country Join Date: 2017-11-01 Member: 233804Members
    Rezca wrote: »
    0x6A7232 wrote: »
    Jarin wrote: »
    Sorry for the long absence, real life stuff getting in the way of what's actually important. Maintaining these mods! An update broke the mod loader, but that is now fixed! Reinstall and enjoy! Please leave any bugs or suggestions for new mods in the comments.
    Five more posts and two days until OP editing!

Oh boy I can't wait!

@suspensionrailway Hey, when did you first play Subnautica? Was it in the beginning, after the Habitat Update, etc? There's a quick preview of what each update included here if that helps.

It was definitely before the habitat update, but I don't know exactly when I started.

Was just shortly after Floodlights were added for me. I had it wishlisted just around/before the H20 update. Had plenty of time to get acquainted with some now-removed terrain features (Used to love building a base on the rim of the former Dunes-ILZ sinkhole, calling it either a research base or a 'refueling hub' for the cyclops before embarking on its subterranean adventures)

On an actually relevant topic, what are the limits to what you can do with modding here, in the game's current state? What sort of things would you deem impossible or at the very least "Possibly not worth the hassle"?

@Rezca Pretty much anything is possible with enough workarounds. If something isn't possible, I'll make it possible, even if I have to rip out this games raw guts and rearrange them, with generous duct taping. So sky's the limit I guess.

Will just assume *terrain stuff is one of those things that'd be on the more difficult side; but "Almost anything's possible" has some definite proof in the form of the group that's working on trying to get a co-op feature implemented into the game!

*Totally am not bringing this up because I want the old ILZ Corridors back ;>_>
    A year or two after 1.0's been out, I'd so love to see a Map Editor tool, not just for things like that but because I know what the creative community here could do if they got their hands on such a thing. Just think about it~

Map editing is definitely possible. There are already people working on it as far as I know.
  • Morph_GuyMorph_Guy Join Date: 2016-04-21 Member: 216034Members
    The devs have considered putting out a map making tool along with general modding support, but that probably won't happen for a while if it does.
  • RezcaRezca United States Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216078Members
    Morph_Guy wrote: »
    The devs have considered putting out a map making tool along with general modding support, but that probably won't happen for a while if it does.

It'd definitely be a huge plus for Subnautica if they do add 'em, but getting the game finished up and ironing out the inevitable things lingering after 1.0 is definitely the priority first.
    Map editing is definitely possible. There are already people working on it as far as I know.

Huh well that's interesting! A lot of modding going on with Subnautica as it is even without official support, I never knew (Shame on meeee)
  • suspensionrailwaysuspensionrailway the best country Join Date: 2017-11-01 Member: 233804Members
    edited December 2017
    Huh well that's interesting! A lot of modding going on with Subnautica as it is even without official support, I never knew (Shame on meeee)

Well modding is a pretty small community. We do have a discord though if you want to join: https://discord.gg/9MfKs2s
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    @suspensionrailway I think your postcount is high enough to edit OP now. (:

Well modding is a pretty small community. We do have a discord though if you want to join: https://discord.gg/9MfKs2s

There's nothing of value I could contribute, so I'll have to pass ^^;

Contribution isn't required. Hell, I barely contribute myself :tongue: The discord is for modders and non modders alike. After all we'd like to know what the people we're making mods for want in mods!

Contribution isn't required. Hell, I barely contribute myself :tongue: The discord is for modders and non modders alike. After all we'd like to know what the people we're making mods for want in mods!

Well you're contributing around here I guess, the mods in this thread for example xD

Mmm well my main interest is really just being able to expand the existing world; I want the old three ILZ tunnels back, smooth out the edges of the world border so it gradually slopes down (in a CrashZone/Dunes sort of way) for a while..... That kind of stuff.

Lately I've been thinking about the Mushroom Forest and Lost River - way back when the Lost River was first announced there was a rough draft of it. It snaked across much of the map, and had many entrances to it. Today, we've been told that having too many entrances to the place as a bad thing (I guess because it'd interfere with the player's intended path through the Story), but the Mountains was one of the originally planned entrances and it managed to get one there, which was seriously cool. I'm actually building a base outside of it right now (Using the thermal vents nearby to power it).

Anyway back to the Mushroom Forest... One of the possible entrances to it was there. It got me thinking, how would it have looked? Obviously we'll likely never know how it'd have officially looked, even post-1.0, but I liked thinking that maybe this one might be a trench-like entrance, or in some way something you'd reach with the Exosuit but not the Cyclops. There's also still patches of ILZ showing up on the biome map, both in the Mushroom Forest and in the Grassy Plateaus. It made me curious, as to if those actually ended up being carved out... What would they have looked like?

That's why I really wanted to see a map editor at some point; since most of these no longer fit in with the game's vision anymore but I still think it'd be cool to see them added in.
    https://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/152890/patch-of-ilz-in-the-western-mushroom-forest/
  • nesrak1nesrak1 Places Join Date: 2016-12-04 Member: 224536Members
    edited December 2017
    I am/was working on a map editor, but it was the terrain that I was stuck on. I tried asking on the forums in the terrain format thread but as expected I had no response. I'm sure I can figure something out, i just haven't had enough time. Other than that, it should pick back up during Christmas break.
    nesrak1 wrote: »
    I am/was working on a map editor, but it was the terrain that I was stuck on. I tried asking on the forums in the terrain format thread but as expected I had no response. I'm sure I can figure something out, i just haven't had enough time. Other than that, it should pick back up during Christmas break.

Shame you didn't get any response back D:
    Here's hoping you'll be able to make some progress on it! Just don't overwork yourself :>
    Oops! The most recent experimental broke the egg mod with their new LiveMixinData thingy. It's now fixed. Redownload the mod and reinstall.
    Another update broke another mod! DecayTimer has been updated to not be broken. Also, I broke all the other mods with some changes to how I edit the serializer, so the modloader and all the mods will need to be redownloaded. Also, I've uploaded the modloaders source code to github, which can be found under the in the modloaders tab on the main post. Enjoy!
    edited January 2018
    To celebrate the release of subnautica I've added a bunch of features to existing mods and added a new one. (also a big update for the mod loader so you'll need to redownload that)
    The shock device now works with the propulsion cannon.
    A command for More Eggs that allows you to spawn any creature into an alien containment, even if it doesn't have an egg
    And a brand new mod, the warper upgrade.
    Read all about how to use these new toys on the original post.
    I leave you with the sneak peak of another mod I'm working on (Model and Render by Nairda)
    AlterraPhysgunfin.png
  • Sky_The_FoxSky_The_Fox Join Date: 2017-09-15 Member: 233065Members
    Is that a phys gun styled model I see?!
  • Racer1Racer1 Join Date: 2002-11-22 Member: 9615Members
    It looks like a Subnautica stylized portal gun to me
  • Emars118Emars118 Join Date: 2018-02-14 Member: 237592Members
  • ahk1221ahk1221 Pakistan Join Date: 2018-02-28 Member: 238417Members
  • arramusarramus Join Date: 2018-01-31 Member: 236366Members
    edited March 2018
    TROUBLESHOOTING:
    • When I try to use them in-game, the mods don't work/load!
      This most likely means that you didn't install the modloader or the mods correctly, or the game has updated. Please double check that you followed the installation instructions for the modloader and the mods, or make sure you follow the procedure for a game update.

Hello @suspensionrailway

I am attempting to launch the Seamoth Warper Upgrade but have been unable to so far.
    I am running the latest updated stable version of the game.

I have:
    Downloaded the latest version of the modloader
    Extracted the contents of the downloaded zip file into the main Subnautica directory
    Run the provided patch.bat or goto Subnautica_Data/Managed and run ModInstaller.exe
    Downloaded the latest version of the mod
    Extracted the contents of the downloaded zip file into the Mods folder in the main Subnautica Directory
    Used the upgrades spawn code

I was running the Warp Cannon through QMods and have removed that in case of conflict.
    I have double checked the files are in the correct locations.
    Can you suggest any other workarounds or anything I may have missed through my own ignorance please?
  • Emars118Emars118 Join Date: 2018-02-14 Member: 237592Members
    This does not work with Qmod. Can you fix that?
  • SilkSpiderSilkSpider Join Date: 2016-10-22 Member: 223305Members
    edited October 2018
    Same, I was about to ask if it worked with Qmod. I have many mods and that's the framework every single one of them uses.
  • SilkSpiderSilkSpider Join Date: 2016-10-22 Member: 223305Members
    Well, I guess I shouldn't get my hopes up since the OP hasn't posted in this thread for almost a year now.
  • BlueBottleBlueBottle Australia Join Date: 2018-02-03 Member: 236674Members
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Ask him in the Subnautica Modding Discord: https://discord.gg/9MfKs2s
    If these mods will continue, they'll probably be ported to the nexus, so this thread is as good as dead.