I decided to quit making games...

Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
edited November 2017 in Off-Topic
... and only make proper winform applications from now on. Things that could benefit me at work etc. I have been working very hard on a tool for my job, but decided I needed a break and would work on a different winforms app in the meantime.

Unsurprisingly, I made a game :P

Have you ever played Snake? Have you ever played Snooker? Welcome to the unholy mash-up of the two:

Snaaker:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i0ctt3gblyjz53r/Snaaker.zip?dl=0

You all know the rules of Snaaker right? I mean Snooker...::
qvvvivtdqih8.png

Game is go:
c8diobm7rpzr.png

Building a break
yxc7qotxjyz0.png

Forgot to mention you are the White ball, but I think that becomes fairly self evident as the only moving item on the screen...

No more screenshots, as it is too hard to press Alt-Gr & print screen at the same time, and I am too lazy to make an automatic screenshot taker :P

OK, just one more:
avm9fij389cq.png

Let me know your highest scores. Anyone hit the 147 maximum?

Comments

• Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    I got 42 before I ragequit xD
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    You rage quit on life or just the game? I mean, 42 is the answer after all.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Soul_Rider wrote: »

LOL

I guess it was fate, BTW they've got internet in the afterlife. So you'll never know :trollface:
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    Kouji_San wrote: »

LOL

I guess it was fate, BTW they've got internet in the afterlife. So you'll never know :trollface:

and logically, there is only one way you could know that little tidbit of information....
    edited November 2017
    Kouji_San wrote: »

LOL

and logically, there is only one way you could know that little tidbit of information....

Well... Maybe... "I never really was on your side"

I'd say work on it a bit more, visually and HUD info/score popups. Shouldn't be to much work to have it slapped on a plastic lunch box and now *bangs on table* you're selling it, you wanna sell it. Well... It is strangely addicting, perfect for phones/tablets!
    edited November 2017
    Sell it? I thought about making a tutorial out of it....

To be honest, the main reason I stopped making games is I could never make them up to the visual standards I demand of myself, but this, nah, I just don't see it as a seller. I mean, look how much polish it would really require to get it feeling professional, like ZoS for instance? That would also need a proper artist, so I'd be back on the same track of not being happy with the game..

Better to make things for fun and tutorials, less pressure :)

I am taking the Notch way out, before getting my first hit game though..
    I know, I was mostly looking for an excuse to quote Ian
    ianmalcolm.jpg

Although I've seen games being sold and successful on the Play and IOS stores, with artwork not far above the devart you're using...
    @Kouji_San Dev art? I have you know these are the finest computer drawn representations of balls known to man!!
    @Kouji_San Dev art? I have you know these are the finest computer drawn representations of balls known to man!!

Apologies, I stand corrected!
  • wildberryswildberrys Nashville Join Date: 2018-04-04 Member: 239793Members
    Very good start in terms of development. I also once decided to programming when I wanted to automate some of my work. I work with a large amount of data (this is ungrouped data example problems that I face with), so for me the use of some programs or written by me is a great help. Move in the same direction and I wish you success!
  • jamescapejamescape California Join Date: 2018-04-22 Member: 240256Members
    I am wishing you success on your sudden career shift.
  • johnstevejohnsteve Australia Join Date: 2018-05-24 Member: 240911Members
    Very good start in terms of development. I also once decided to programming when I wanted to automate some of my work. I work with a large amount of data (this is ungrouped data example problems that I face with), so for me the use of some programs or written by me is a great help. Move in the same direction and I wish you success!