Any plans for Xbox One X upgrades?

BlindGuardianBlindGuardian Canada Join Date: 2016-05-27 Member: 217604Members
Just curious, I absolutely love this game and I'm getting an X soon. Just wondering if there are any plans currently or if it's even something the dev team should put resources in.

Comments

• BlindGuardianBlindGuardian Canada Join Date: 2016-05-27 Member: 217604Members
    Thanks for the replies! And thanks again for such a unique gaming experience. I've been on xbox Subnautica since day 1 and absolutely love it.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited November 2017
    LumpN wrote: »
    That said, of course the game runs on the Xbox One X, and of course it runs much faster than on the regular Xbox One. You can look forward to playing it on the X.

Was about to say, XboneX is basically an upgraded/more powerful Xbone
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    LumpN wrote: »
    That said, of course the game runs on the Xbox One X, and of course it runs much faster than on the regular Xbox One. You can look forward to playing it on the X.

Was about to say, XboneX is basically an upgraded/more powerful Xbone

Yup, I'm starting to hear excellent things about it even without having a 4k tv. Seems like most games without an X patch tend to run at their targeted frame rates, and have improved loading...On top of the fact that the X enhance patches improve the graphics big time again on a normal hd tv. Can't wait to get mine :)
  • ANZAC69ANZAC69 New Zealand Join Date: 2016-08-28 Member: 221808Members
    ANZAC69 wrote: »
    might get one!!

I got mine earlier today, had some time with it. Haven't played Subnautica on it yet, but so far I am very happy!
  • PixelDonkeyPixelDonkey United Kingdom Join Date: 2018-02-20 Member: 237974Members
    After quite a bit of deliberation I decided to buy the game on Xbox One X instead of my PC. My PC spec is good but felt like I'd rather play the game on my 4K tv instead on my PC.

I'm little disapointed to see that the game doesn't have 4K textures and that Unknown Worlds haven't said they are coming.

4K textures on the Xbox One X would look amazing so I hope they come in the future when it's ready :smile:
  • NomanNoman Cape Town Join Date: 2018-02-26 Member: 238313Members
    yes some X enhancements will be greatly appreciated.
    and achievements!!!!
  • TheJeydrick9TheJeydrick9 Join Date: 2017-07-05 Member: 231609Members
    Can anybody tell me where the button to put up my own post in can be found XD i cant find it
  • sherry2018lovesherry2018love Join Date: 2018-03-12 Member: 238936Members
  • DarthOmnisDarthOmnis United States Join Date: 2016-12-15 Member: 224970Members
    How about we wait for the game to go Full 1.0 and then worry about 1X upgrades.
    DarthOmnis wrote: »
    How about we wait for the game to go Full 1.0 and then worry about 1X upgrades.

Look at the second post :)
    I’m honestly curious what you guys think about the value of upgrading to an Xbox One X now after it’s been out for a good while now. I still have the OG fat Xbox one, but thinking of upgrading for Halo 6 and the upcoming MCC enhanced patch. Is it worth it? Any chances of a One X e3 price drop?

If there was going to be a price drop I'd wait for Black Friday/Cyber Monday or Boxing day, can't see them doing it randomly otherwise.

In terms of buying one it's a tough call. Do you have a decent Xbox games library? Do you play a lot of multi platform games on Xbox? Do you have a 4k tv? Do you have or are you interested in any of the current X enhanced games?

I love my X, games like AC Origins, The Witcher 3, and Doom look absurdly good now. In each of those games I just walk around looking at walls and buildings because it looks so good now, I'm not even on a 4k tv either, but the super sampling down makes everything look so crisp, clear, and smooth.

So if you're a big fan of Xbox and can afford it, you should seriously consider it, though if you don't really want visual/performance upgrades THAT bad then hold off. Rumors are out that new consoles could be coming in 2020. That's still awhile from now, just depends how much more you want to invest in this gen.

Hope this helps! (And still hope to see Subnautica get X enhanced down the road too!)
  • Sergey_KSergey_K Russian Federation Join Date: 2020-01-10 Member: 257086Members
    Any update on the subject?
    One X has +4G of RAM, x4 GPU performance, would be much better on FullHD resolution compared to One.
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    Subnautica on xbox1 seems to have major issues with loading-in new areas from the hard drive. Hi-res graphics would make this worse. Maybe if they had a way to require Solid State drive for that mode, it would be possible. For now though, I think they are working on more generic improvements for both PC and Console.