Ideas for future Subnautica Updates!!!

treehuggerpersontreehuggerperson Somewhere Join Date: 2015-04-09 Member: 203190Members
Here are just a few of my ideas, to make bases have more of a purpose-

-Add rooms, with different sizes
-Having a docking station add on for your base

The next part is about filling up these bases, if they had more functionality like-
-The ability to sleep in bed/chamber
-You could speed up night not skipping to day but making time go by quicker in sleeping quarters
-Store meat in an object like a freezer (So it doesn't go bad)
-Store different suits in lockers, but for clothing
-Workshop items, like a water filter tank, fish collector, machines to automate, pipes (Could transport things to machines, for example fish collected in the fish collector go to a fabricator to cook)
-Painting the metal in/outside your base
- Different power generator upgrades
- Workbench to do research on unknown items (Like from the Aurora), that could help you with skills to help you upgrade objects
- Upgrade able fabricator
- Aquariums
- Enameled Glass would be a form of reinforced glass

Misc-

- Creatures that can destroy/hurt your base (Use things like a current generator to protect)
-Skills, diving (higher the skill more you can dodge attacks, and go deeper), skills in mechanics (Higher the skill the more advanced things you can make), and so on...
-Diamond's have a purpose, used to reinforce things, and to take apart previously built objects
-Creatures that you can befriend (I know you can do that now, but the next time you log in they are hostile again)
-Make Seamoth and Cyclops require more to build
-Creatures (Once dead) drop things that will be useful for crafting
-Certain biomes that don't have hostile creatures during the day, but at night they all come out
-Overall just more useful things in exploring, scanning creatures, better food sources (from bigger fish), more rooms in the Aurora with vaulable, uncraftable items, environmental effects bad/good, and so on...
-Scanning creatures will get your skills up, and add things to your knowledge that will help you build further objects (For example a creature that glows in the dark, will help you get a light schematic, and so on)

Comments

• NomenNescioNomenNescio Denmark Join Date: 2015-05-03 Member: 204116Members
    I completely agree with just about everything, though I think the rooms and functional furniture are most needed. As the bases are now I just don't see a point in making a base.

I would add, since you can build bases that are tall, I would love a round module where you can put windows all the way around to make sort of a panorama room.
  • treehuggerpersontreehuggerperson Somewhere Join Date: 2015-04-09 Member: 203190Members
    I completely agree with just about everything, though I think the rooms and functional furniture are most needed. As the bases are now I just don't see a point in making a base.

I would add, since you can build bases that are tall, I would love a round module where you can put windows all the way around to make sort of a panorama room.
    Ya, by the looks of the trello board, in the next update they will do more base related things.

• acesgunfight279acesgunfight279 Join Date: 2017-11-15 Member: 233986Members
    I think more types of subs and ships would be nice longer vehicle bay for subs to dock to your base base shields larger rooms more land to build on floating base platform to build on torpedoes for the Cyclops more types of buildings to choose from air locks I can go on with ideas
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    edited November 2017
    I think more types of subs and ships would be nice longer vehicle bay for subs to dock to your base base shields larger rooms more land to build on floating base platform to build on torpedoes for the Cyclops more types of buildings to choose from air locks I can go on with ideas

...That post is more than 2 years old, dude.

796.jpg

Oh, and, uh.. first post, right. Well, I guess you didn't know any better then. You're the best Captain on the planet. I'm not even squidding!
  • RecursionRecursion The cosmos Join Date: 2017-07-01 Member: 231505Members
    edited November 2017
    0x6A7232 wrote: »

Oh, and, uh.. first post, right. Well, I guess you didn't know any better then. You're the best Captain on the planet. I'm not even squidding!

He's the ONLY Captain on that planet.
    edited November 2017
    For those who have never heard that particular Cyclops line before -
    it may have been removed when they cut the other fun stuff like "great job not dying", unfortunately. :disappointed:
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Recursion wrote: »

He's the ONLY Captain on that planet.

That was some promotion though :worried:
  • cliff_excellentcliff_excellent Join Date: 2017-03-27 Member: 229226Members
    edited November 2017
    What
    How could they remove that line it was so perfect
    What
    How could they remove that line it was so perfect

How could they remove "Greetings, survivor. Great job not dying." ?
  • JackeJacke Calgary Join Date: 2017-03-20 Member: 229061Members
    How could they remove "Greetings, survivor. Great job not dying." ?
    Indeed. That line was so perfect. I want it back so bad I put it in my sig.
  • ErnieWErnieW tonasket WA Join Date: 2015-07-13 Member: 206134Members
    edited November 2017
    MORE BIOLOGY
    look we have all the machines in the bloody world and we got all the leviathans which are sort of cool i guess. but hells bells folks can we get some more critters in it before you all go steam punk modern. long ago we where looking at bio-machines in the game and i am pretty tired of base and vehicle building.
    make the electron micro scope function and the gas chromatography and a chemistry station. we could actually use the game to make real discoveries if you linked it to some of the current automated lab systems the collages are using. its a survival game and the name of the game in survival is not to survive it is to thrive and that means research.

ya i know i have been saying the same thing for three years.

yes i will shake the undeads hand thanks
  • cyberjunaidcyberjunaid Join Date: 2020-10-10 Member: 264578Members
    edited November 2020
  • ДимончикДимончик Россия Join Date: 2020-11-09 Member: 265342Members
    Доброго дня и чувства юмора всем читающим мой бред.
    Решил поделиться своим виденьем мира Субнавтики. Белов зиро уже сформированно и для меня игра изменилась и многие изменения мне непонравились. Поругаюсь в другой раз а пока выложу "свои идеи". Хотя эти идеи уже в сотнях игр и даже в Субнавтике разрабы уже пусть и по частям идут этим путем. Но для начало немного общего(воды). Первая Субнавтика приглянулась большим водным миром и основной упор на исследовании этого мира. Это многим понравилось и мне в том числе. Поэтому и хочется такого же или еще большего подводного мира. Немного суши причем необходимой по растениям просто украшали игру. Средства для исследования этой игры даны но немного неудобны. Циклоп как передвижная база, но для модернизации циклопа и подзарядки по началу все равно нужно возить с собой разворачиваемую базу. Для дальнего и глубинного обзора необходимо разворачивать комнату сканирования и база питания ее. А потом все сие сворачивать. Кроме того часто надо быстро просмотреть какието закаулки а таскаешь с собой обычно краба и уже жалеешь об отсутствии второго дока с мотыльком. Ну и циклоп немного неудобно скомпонован (хотя все равно мне ужасно нравится).
    Вот мы и подошли к идее модернизируемого циклопа, не только встраиваемыми модулями(мелочью) но и изменением размеров основных отсеков. Хотя наращиваемые вверх по этажно здания, внутренние перегородки в белов зиро, да и модульный мореход показывают, что и разрабы идут схожим путем. Но я решил на простеньких эскизах проиллюстрировать свои мысли. Основной модуль 2х2х2 метра, а дальше наращиваем по иетру в любую сторону и устанавливаем перегородки и этажи с лестницами и дверями по желанию. Глубину погружения можем набрать устанавливая либо окна либо усиления корпуса.
    Самая малая лодка. Кабина, двигатель и небольшой отсек с зарядками, изготовителем и ящиком для вещей. Для подзарядки солнечная батарея и необходимость днем всплывать из глубины. Солнечная батарея слабовата для хода поэтому стойка с парой энэргоячеек.
    uuj4v6576meb.jpg

Длина 8,8метра, ширина 2 метра и высота почти 3,5 метра. Один мотор, пара энергоя чеек, изготовитель две зарядки и ящик для запасов. По идее на отсутствующей стене тоже ящики. Два выхода в разные стороны. Подзарядка от солнечной батареи. Размеры борта позволяют постваить усиление корпуса.
    Но понемного растем и развиваемся! Средняя подводная лодка. Пока только отсек для мотылька. Но остального хватает, даже кровать есть! Рубка общий отсек с изготовителем зарядками и люками выхода. Энергоячеек уже 4 и два мотора. Подзарядка от био реактора что гораздо удобней солнечных батарей. Длинна 18,7 метра, корпус 3х4 метра. Влезли и окно и усиление
    b0t8n8vm7pv6.jpg

Ну а дальше нет пути совершенствования и при установке ядерного реактора лодка действительно станет автономной базой (он больше био реактора и все равно надо корпус увеличивать), а там один или два ангара для малых лодок(для краба больше и он универсальный). А как же большой плавучий дворец без бассейна, кофебара, большого сада украшающего взор?
    Большая лодка для богатых исследователей! Тут и краб и мотылек и комната сканирования и даже есть местечко для большого аквариума! И все это при ядерном реакторе и длинне 25метров, высота 7 метров и ширина в 4 метра. Поставил 4 движка и 12 энергоячеек, все таки махина впечатляет. В шлюзовом отсеке зарядки и переработка ресурсов да и ящиков много влезит, над ним еще отсек 2 метра высотой чисто для склада.(ну я напихал самое необходимое и желательное, но одна кровать и односпалка для совсем нищих олигархов!).
    ay5rhyhxop8p.jpg

Немног мелких замечаний.
    По мне люки удобней по бортам лодки делать(модуль с базы пойдет), для мотылька лучше сверху створки сделать. Так ему удобней заплывать, а краба как и в оригинале снизу подхватывать.
    y5qvlr90xmsh.jpg
    6dgbglh5nhx4.jpg
    sjomcez1ziaq.jpg

Отсек с комнатой сканирования для изучения удаленных уголков да еще в ночное время очень жилателен, даже в виде разборного. Пусть лежит в ящиках по запчастям, убрал столики в баре - поставил комнату сканирования. Хотя лучше постоянно поставить даже если и дальность уменьшится. Ну я уже привел вариант и по габбаритам вполне совместим с Циклопом(хотя тут без учета обтекателей и балластных систем, а для таких обьемов они выйдут ооочень большими, но фантастика и не такое стерпит.).
    По ангарам прикинул простую рычажную систему захвата краба и мотылька, в игре она не видна в работе.
    Для любителей быстрой езды "пожиратель батареек"!
    384kbyoiszrf.jpg

Ну и напоследок всеж выход из игры в интернет на какой то форум, для участия в конкурсах на лучшую подводную лодку( прямой перенос всей модели подводной лодки). За одно и лицензионный код игры проверят дабы бороться с жуликами.
    edited November 2020
    По белов зиро, как то беготня по морозу и пока еще не доведенный мотоцикл да и отсутствие защиты от монстров оставляют неприятные ощущения. Просто просятся отпугиватели монстров, причем в 3х вариантах. Стационарный на базе, разборной для защиты места работ и малый личный в руках для самообороны. Для транспортов хватит и периметральной защиты, но на крабе ее нет...
  • baronvonsatanbaronvonsatan TX, USA Join Date: 2016-12-01 Member: 224415Members
    По белов зиро, как то беготня по морозу и пока еще не доведенный мотоцикл да и отсутствие защиты от монстров оставляют неприятные ощущения. Просто просятся отпугиватели монстров, причем в 3х вариантах. Стационарный на базе, разборной для защиты места работ и малый личный в руках для самообороны. Для транспортов хватит и периметральной защиты, но на крабе ее нет...

Okay so, as you've probably guessed, nobody here speaks Russian or understands Cyrillic script. That said, the game is finished. No more content updates are coming to original Subnautica, ever, according to the devs themselves.
  • StopherStopher USA Join Date: 2019-06-09 Member: 253285Members
    I truly wish we had some tasks like research so that the bases had more meaning. Maybe animal research or allow an AI to do research on artifacts that are helpful. Putting a small base next to the cubes that keep leviathans away, then being able to keep baddies away would be great fun.

I wish subnautica 3 was you coming BACK to the planet to work off debt for Alterra by building all the bases. IN the process, you do all sorts of research. Then you find another stored alien and they help you build a huge self sustaining spacecraft that allows you to be free of alterra.

Even if they didn't consider any of this, just letting the items in the first game be in random locations for replay value would be fantastic. Not requiring the sub to get off planet, but do some research instead and have a version where you don't get the moth or any transport. Quite fun to try it all with just the seaglide and everything in random locations.
  • LutiousLutious Join Date: 2020-12-11 Member: 266012Members
    Add a reason to keep on playing even after someone beats the game.
  • NepteepanNepteepan Join Date: 2020-12-15 Member: 266067Members
    I want more vehicles that need hard Materials in the game
  • mutedwarriormutedwarrior Join Date: 2020-12-15 Member: 266075Members
    1. Incentivize/force players to go out during the night

I've read too many posts of players asking for a sleep system just to skip to daytime and I scoff at these charlatan aquanauts' feeble constitutions! Who wouldn't want to experience all the cool bioluminescent art design and the feeling of soiling yourself anytime a dark silhouette approaches you? To the naysayers, I prithee go back to the kiddie pools of the drop pod to whence you belong!

2. Consecutive attacks should add more damage/punish players so they can't just repair indefinitely

So far, I've only s**t myself 2 times playing this game and that's a very disappointing number, Unknown Worlds! Adult diapers come in packs of 4. FOUR!

3. make items easier to click

clicking hard sometime
  • baronvonsatanbaronvonsatan TX, USA Join Date: 2016-12-01 Member: 224415Members
    Once again: Subnautica is finished. There will be no additional content added to the game, as per the devs. Can we get a moderator to close this thread down now?
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    edited December 2020
    The whole ideas section would need locking then. I'll leave that up to the Admins. Unless they decide otherwise, consider this sequel/mod ideas. It might be a good idea to have a pinned thread making sure people know the main game is done.
    И еще капелька по субнавтике. То чего не хватает в начале, это захват как у краба поставить в мотылек для сбора ресурсов вместо торпедного аппарата. Хотя и бур интересен, но боюсь это уже перебор.ptbe712m2jkz.jpg5eji1zeelyot.jpg

• ninjamonkey6981ninjamonkey6981 Greeley co Join Date: 2021-01-02 Member: 266528Members
    I think unknown world's should put multiplayer without mods and put in two docking stations in the cyclops one for your seamoth and pron suit