Natural Moonpool

justi18562justi18562 Join Date: 2017-02-28 Member: 228386Members
The only moonpools in the game currently are the one you build imagine going into an underwater cave several meters down only to discover a secret room filled with different things and mysteries waiting to be discovered. Imagine several of these caves big and small waiting to be discovered in the crevices that aren't searched from the safe places to the most dangerous. Please leave me your thoughts about this.

Comments

• zimmymzimmym Australia Join Date: 2016-12-18 Member: 225102Members
    The problem here is that water pressure keeps those moonpool like caves from existing when at low depths. Seems like a cool idea but you're going to need to find away around that fact.
  • gamer1000kgamer1000k Join Date: 2017-04-29 Member: 230121Members
    Simple things like the laws of physics haven't stopped the devs in any way from doing what they feel like with the game (see the entire energy system for example). As much as that bugs me, if you put something really cool in the game that's a bit of a realism stretch, I'm fairly forgiving given that it's something cool. On the other hand, if the realism break is something annoying like reactor rods burning out in a matter of hours, I find that to be much, much more annoying.

I wouldn't mind having a few natural moonpools around the world. If you wanted to keep them semi-realistic, then put them in the mountain island, crash zone, or safe shallows not too far below the surface.
  • SnailsAttackSnailsAttack Join Date: 2017-02-09 Member: 227749Members
    I think that aesthetic value can outweigh realistic physics if enough suspension of disbelief is provided.

ye
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    I think you could have a moonpool as long as you had a high-pressure gas vent exhausting into the cavern. xD