Scope addon to helmet or camera drones

DemonHunter654DemonHunter654 East Greenwich Join Date: 2016-02-15 Member: 213053Members
Just thought of a simple attachment that can be implimented into our cams or even a perriscope on the cyclops for simple convenence.

Comments

• ShuttleBugShuttleBug USA Join Date: 2017-03-15 Member: 228943Members
    The cameras on the cyclops operate identicaly to a periscope but a scope or binoculars for player use would be interesting :)
  • Timelord_FredTimelord_Fred Join Date: 2017-07-05 Member: 231596Members
    I wish the cameras could poke up out of the water like a periscope though. I hate having to rise all the way to the surface to see the Aurora for Navigation.
  • ShuttleBugShuttleBug USA Join Date: 2017-03-15 Member: 228943Members
    I wish the cameras could poke up out of the water like a periscope though. I hate having to rise all the way to the surface to see the Aurora for Navigation.

If your close enough to extend the cameras you might as well surface
  • supertiger2340supertiger2340 Eugene OR USA Join Date: 2017-07-21 Member: 231956Members
    edited August 2017
    Skope wrote: »
    Why did I say that, everyone's gonna think I'm ten years old now!

LOL

Give me more
  • LulzesLulzes Join Date: 2017-07-25 Member: 232050Members
    +1, also IR mode for those dark areas rather than a light which attracts Crabsquids :)
  • DemonHunter654DemonHunter654 East Greenwich Join Date: 2016-02-15 Member: 213053Members
    Lulzes wrote: »
    +1, also IR mode for those dark areas rather than a light which attracts Crabsquids :)
    Definitely, plus sense it's such a helpful tool we can work for it because it's so useful. :)
  • DemonHunter654DemonHunter654 East Greenwich Join Date: 2016-02-15 Member: 213053Members
    I feel your pain only good thing is that the Aurora is so large but you shouldn't have to rise to look where your going.
  • tommy21toestommy21toes Subnautica Join Date: 2017-05-21 Member: 230666Members
    Put a Beacon at the Aurourarara?

I don't get the Skope joke :neutral:
  • GlassDeviantGlassDeviant Terra Join Date: 2017-02-27 Member: 228342Members
    edited August 2017
    I don't get the Skope joke :neutral:

The person who posted periSkope is named Skope.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OT I personally put a beacon right by where your seamoth can enter the breach in the hull to get to the door is. Much more useful than a vague "3km long spaceship is around here-ish" beacon.

What should have built-in beacons, though, is your base(s), which you should be able to name. Perhaps center it on the first module you place.

For instance:

First Base
    Second Base
    Third Base
    Home Plate (kidding)

But yeah ... whatever names you want to give them, automatically that becomes the beacon name, with a new icon different from the lifepod, placed beacon, seamoth, PRAWN, Cyclops icons that is distinctly a "base" icon.

• justi18562justi18562 Join Date: 2017-02-28 Member: 228386Members
    I did think it would be cool for there to be a helmet with a small flashlight.
  • JckingJcking Join Date: 2017-01-27 Member: 227344Members
    night_Phantom_Night_Vision_goggles_Helmet_Mount_380.jpg
    Why not binoculars mounted onto the head, would be great for detecting caves, threats, and useful stuff.

Would probably be toggled on/off and battery powered w/ upgrades from the mod station to be made infrared.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Just thought of a simple attachment that can be implimented into our cams or even a perriscope on the cyclops for simple convenence.

Can we get a lazor on it as well!

mqdefault.jpg
  • LordBrisingrLordBrisingr Join Date: 2018-01-05 Member: 234829Members
    Ya know infrared would be very very helpful down in the dark, otherwise the fishes are like moths to a lamp. Built in binoculars would also be useful, this is the future. You'd think that would come standard on helmets.