Base building thoughts?

2»

Comments

• Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members
    @justi18562 m8, please stop necroing dead threads, that's the second one already!
  • kingkumakingkuma cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress Join Date: 2015-09-25 Member: 208137Members
    edited November 2017
    Cut the guy some slack! He's new, he probably didn't really know about the "three - months" rule.

EDIT: Punctuation error
  • RalijRalij US Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217092Members
    kingkuma wrote: »
    Cut the guy some slack! He's new, he probably didn't really know about the "three - months" rule.

EDIT: Punctuation error

Perhaps I've been on forums for too long but... if a discussion stopped 2-3 YEARS ago, its pretty safe to say its dead and out of date, no? That said, I'm glad justi is here contributing his/her ideas, we just gotta get on more up to date topics! Channel the creativity!

Besides... I want to repair those bases too dangit xD
  • justi18562justi18562 Join Date: 2017-02-28 Member: 228386Members
    That reminds me @Ralij do you or anyone else know how to change your username? I would like to change mine to my twitch account name.
  • justi18562justi18562 Join Date: 2017-02-28 Member: 228386Members
    @Sky_The_Fox I am trying to contribute my ideas and what the heck does necro mean?
  • Sky_The_FoxSky_The_Fox Join Date: 2017-09-15 Member: 233065Members
    edited November 2017
    @justi18562 a message board, posting something irrelevent on a really old topic to bring it to the top of the list topics. name comes from the fact that you are bringing it back from the dead. (Simplified:Posting on a thread thats been inactive for 3+ months)
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    justi18562 wrote: »
    @Sky_The_Fox I am trying to contribute my ideas and what the heck does necro mean?

here, that aught to explain it pretty easily (just read a few of the answers).

TL;DR, if the conversation has died out, for more than a few (like, 3?) months, and you don't have some groundbreaking new information that would best be served by resurrecting the thread, it's a necro.

Think of it this way: if what you're posting is not significant enough to revive the thread (it is not directly useful to bring back all the old comments), then the thread won't really be alive again, it will be a walking corpse of its former self. Hence, necro.

If you want to discuss the same stuff but can't justify bringing it back, then start a new topic, and link the old one in. Like, use a similar title or whatever, ask your question or post your comment, and link to the thread.

"Hey guys, I was thinking it would be really cool to be able to have your seabase damaged and have to repair it. I found a thread with some discussion [url=httpForumLinkyDotNetSlashSLashThreadNumber]here[/url], what do you think?"
  • RalijRalij US Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217092Members
    justi18562 wrote: »
    That reminds me @Ralij do you or anyone else know how to change your username? I would like to change mine to my twitch account name.

Not to my knowledge. Could ask Foxy, but I dont think so.