Welder pickup & autoswitch after phasing in

.trixX..trixX. Budapest Join Date: 2007-10-11 Member: 62605Members
edited November 2017 in NS2 General Discussion
When I phase to a location without a welder and a marine has recently died there with one, the game picks it up and autoswitches to it.

I havent played for a while, but didnt change any settings, nor could i find any related option in the menu.
Is this a recently introduced bug, or am I missing something?
Needless to say, but I cant kill a single skulk like this after emerging on the other side :P

Comments

• BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Yea this was fixed for a while, but recently I discovered the old behavior had reverted back, not sure what's going on there.
  • FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation
    edited November 2017
    Gotta be related to the ridiculous behavior of drop and use. If g is drop weapon, why do i pick up a welder, especially when I already have a welder. I wanted to drop my weapon with the drop weapon key.

Maybe also related to the frustrating behavior of the welder not allowing me to move slowly when building an RT. E should move slowly (equal to build tool), and literally choosing and using a welder should let you move fast.