Cyclops now provides access to docked vehicle storage

garathgarath Texas Join Date: 2017-02-08 Member: 227730Members
@Jarin posted this in a different thread

CS#55563 by @UWE_Klegran: - Added: Cyclops Docked Vehicle Storage and Module Access Terminal

I just loaded up the latest experimental [55564], and it's here! We can now access Seamoth / PRAWN storage from inside the Cyclops.

Too awesome!! Thanks, DEVs!!

Comments

• aeroripperaeroripper Join Date: 2005-02-25 Member: 42471NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
  • JarinJarin Los Angeles Join Date: 2013-12-16 Member: 190184Members
    Tested now. It's a tad buggy, but probably nothing too difficult to iron out. Overall looks pretty nice!

Now we just need a way to access PRAWN storage from the moonpool. It's easier to work with the suit in a cyclops now than an actual base dock, which seems a bit counterintuitive.

• elfcrisiselfcrisis Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230466Members
    Jarin wrote: »
    Tested now. It's a tad buggy, but probably nothing too difficult to iron out. Overall looks pretty nice!

Now we just need a way to access PRAWN storage from the moonpool. It's easier to work with the suit in a cyclops now than an actual base dock, which seems a bit counterintuitive.

I would think adding moonpool access to the Prawn's storage compartment would be pretty easy. Just make the hitbox a little bigger, right? Enough so that you can reach it from the gangway, but not so big as to overlap the power cells.
  • Hulkie2345Hulkie2345 New York Join Date: 2017-08-23 Member: 232598Members
    edited October 2017
    b45p9z1zyh99.jpg
    It's a pretty cool interface. They just need to fix some wonkyness, and tweak the terminals model to look better. But great idea. I'm really happy the antenna on the Prawn lowers.
  • aeroripperaeroripper Join Date: 2005-02-25 Member: 42471NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    I imagine it would be better if the moonpool and cyclops had the same interface, so you change color/loadout/cargo as you like no matter which one you're docked in.
    It will probably get integrated into the Upgrade console.
  • garathgarath Texas Join Date: 2017-02-08 Member: 227730Members
    Hulkie2345 wrote: »

Huh?
    In the moonpool. Since the console in the Cyclopes is the Upgrade Console's (the Vehicle modification station name was changed) model.
    Okay so, this is pretty cool, but it appears to not work with a controller on PC. I can access the terminal, but then I can't do anything with it, or even back out, with the controller.

Bummer.
    elfcrisis wrote: »
    Okay so, this is pretty cool, but it appears to not work with a controller on PC. I can access the terminal, but then I can't do anything with it, or even back out, with the controller.

Bummer.

Make sure you specifically click one of the 4 storage locker icons. Just clicking on the console itself doesn't do anything. Try that and let us know if that helps. This is our first look and is probably a work in progress.
    garath wrote: »

Huh?
    In the moonpool. Since the console in the Cyclopes is the Upgrade Console's (the Vehicle modification station name was changed) model.

I don't see any reason why they would make any changes at all to the vehicle upgrade console in the Moon Pool since we already have access to the Seamoth storage in the Moon Pool.
    edited October 2017

Huh?

I don't see any reason why they would make any changes at all to the vehicle upgrade console in the Moon Pool since we already have access to the Seamoth storage in the Moon Pool.

For Cyclops storage access. And clicking on 4 storage buttons would be easier than going around the Seamoth to open the storage doors.
    Make sure you specifically click one of the 4 storage locker icons. Just clicking on the console itself doesn't do anything. Try that and let us know if that helps. This is our first look and is probably a work in progress.

Didn't work, unfortunately. Good to test it, though. Thanks for the tip.
  • TarkannenTarkannen North Carolina Join Date: 2016-08-15 Member: 221304Members
    I just fired up the new Experimental mode of Subnautica, and was greeted with a "Data Terminal" sprouting up in my Cyclops center room. I do like having that access now, but I kinda wish it was built into the wall instead (vs smack dab center of the room). The terminal works decent enough, and as mentioned above there are glitches/issues with the interface; such as losing mouse movements after clicking anything on the screen (hitting Escape usually exits this problem).

But the issue I have is the console showing what modules are installed in my Seamoth. Here are pics from my current game:
    Here is the interface shown in the game; the display claims I have 3 Storage Modules and the Pressure Compensator - due to its layout it seems to think I have 5 possible upgrade slots:
    167884F874D8BCA9CA01795EDEEBED948083FB5A
    Clicking on the top-left Storage Container lets me access the Seamoth, but instead of getting storage space it shows what "Access Upgrades" would show. Notice I only have 3 modules installed, and only ONE Storage module lol. As for the other 2 on the display screen, clicking them does nothing but it disables mouse/camera control AND the WASD movement... until I click Esc again.
    8388144158455575F5029E838A42C4F4FA0F144B

So, there is work to be done, and I know it will only improve from here. But I hope they can at least fix the problems with losing camera/movement controls while 'accessing' the terminal at least. But overall, I'm delighted with this new addition! :blush:
    edited October 2017
    @Tarkannen I think they fixed the cursor issue you mentioned:

55577 /main 2017-10-26 01:22:44 Scott Thunelius - Small itertion to the vehicle storage access terminal: added sky applier, removed cursor locking, changed location

• JarinJarin Los Angeles Join Date: 2013-12-16 Member: 190184Members
    PRAWN inventory access?
    edited October 2017
    Jarin wrote: »
    PRAWN inventory access?

Nah. Just remove all storage from the PRAWN. Problem solved. :)

Edit: I very rarely use my PRAWN in the Moon Pool. So, I didn't even notice until now you absolutely cannot access the PRAWN storage while the PRAWN is docked in the Moon Pool. That definitely is quite annoying now that I know about it.

I never use the PRAWN in the Moon Pool because I only dock it in the Cyclops while out and about mining and/or visiting ILZ/ALZ.