Base Interior Design

FleshymammalFleshymammal Join Date: 2017-10-18 Member: 233608Members
Whenever I build a base in Subnautica, the interior looks dirty. From re enforcements to plain walls, It dosnt look very attractive. Dose anyone else have the same problem?

Comments

• SnailsAttackSnailsAttack Join Date: 2017-02-09 Member: 227749Members
    A bit. I like to make moderately small bases and fill them with as many decorations as I can.
  • FleshymammalFleshymammal Join Date: 2017-10-18 Member: 233608Members
    A bit. I like to make moderately small bases and fill them with as many decorations as I can.
    I'll try that.

• obsidian_eclipseobsidian_eclipse uk Join Date: 2017-05-04 Member: 230239Members
    edited October 2017
    I usually only have 4 multipurpose rooms, a moonpool and a scanner room.

I stack 2 multipurpose rooms side by side (2 up, 2 across). The first section has the hatch way, this has my first aid station, radio and a wall locker with 'mission' equipment - so i can swap out things I need for a particular outing, this leads into my crafting room. I use wall lockers rather than the big lockers as you can fit more along the walls. Label them with what's in them for ease. Against the corner segments I out my plant pots with bulbo-tree and Chinese potato plants and this takes care of food and water for the most part.

Above the crafting room I have my power room. At present I have a bioreactor in there with a farming tray full of melons - though it's hard to harvest melon seeds at the moment. On the wall is my water filter - which I rarely use for obvious reasons, but it's handy.

The lower room of the other section is my alien containment. I have a nice selection of flora in there, my cuddle fish and a couple of the bladder fish (they reproduce as long as you keep 2 in there - which helps with making water). Above that is the bedroom, the alien containment beneath makes a nice glass floor. In there is a double bed with a growing wall for the headboard, with two metal walls either side for my posters. A desk and chair. I have made all the other walls in there glass (and the alien containment room beneath) so I can see all around. Though you do need to stack the lithium reinforcements in the other sections.

Extra power comes from a couple of thermal generators near some hot geysers and a few power transmitters.

One thing I do wish for, is if you could control the ambient lighting in each section, so you could dim it and change the colour. That would be awesome.
  • warperwarper Join Date: 2017-10-22 Member: 233664Members
    Living walls can help
  • LordDregovLordDregov Join Date: 2018-02-14 Member: 237588Members
    Something I would like to be able to do. I always build my base around a central spire (stacked multi-purpose rooms from ocean floor to above sea level). When I need to do major edits to the base. Could I move whole floors up and down the central pillar.

Move the vehicle Bay on level 73 up to level 65.

Is that something that could happen?
  • LordDregovLordDregov Join Date: 2018-02-14 Member: 237588Members
    I had a thought while I was rearranging the aquarium level of my base. I wish I could make the aquarium a bit more elaborate. Like make passageways so my cuddle fish can fallow me from room to room within the aquarium.
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    LordDregov wrote: »
    Something I would like to be able to do. I always build my base around a central spire (stacked multi-purpose rooms from ocean floor to above sea level). When I need to do major edits to the base. Could I move whole floors up and down the central pillar.

Move the vehicle Bay on level 73 up to level 65.

Is that something that could happen?
    LordDregov wrote: »
    I had a thought while I was rearranging the aquarium level of my base. I wish I could make the aquarium a bit more elaborate. Like make passageways so my cuddle fish can fallow me from room to room within the aquarium.

This thread is about 7 months old.

Why do people insist on Necroing threads?

Either way, I suppose they're interesting ideas.