Cyclops post silent running update

WeylandYutani1989WeylandYutani1989 Join Date: 2017-03-14 Member: 228931Members
edited October 2017 in Subnautica on Consoles
I started this discussion since I couldn't find anything telling you about the update with the cyclops
What's been changed or added plus any issues with the new cyclops

Is it just me or is it far more power hungry also if you have the power cell charger on the cyclops does it charge the cells faster than it drains the power from the sub ?

Comments

• obsidian_eclipseobsidian_eclipse uk Join Date: 2017-05-04 Member: 230239Members
    It doesn't seem too power hungry at all to me, the balance there seems about right. If you enable silent running, the sonar or the shield you soon run out of juice however - but it's better that way in my opinion as it adds an element of risk. You have to be wise.

No, you can't charge up power cells anymore the way you used to. Energy is depleted 1 for 1. So if you charge two cells then you lose two cells of energy from the cyclops. The efficiency module only influences how much is drawn by the engines and not anything attached to the boat. You can make efficiency modules and they do stack.

When you eventually make ion cells then I can't imagine power being an issue. Couple it with the thermal generator upgrade and so long as it's warm you'll be making power. But that's long game.
  • WeylandYutani1989WeylandYutani1989 Join Date: 2017-03-14 Member: 228931Members
    It doesn't seem too power hungry at all to me, the balance there seems about right. If you enable silent running, the sonar or the shield you soon run out of juice however - but it's better that way in my opinion as it adds an element of risk. You have to be wise.

No, you can't charge up power cells anymore the way you used to. Energy is depleted 1 for 1. So if you charge two cells then you lose two cells of energy from the cyclops. The efficiency module only influences how much is drawn by the engines and not anything attached to the boat. You can make efficiency modules and they do stack.

When you eventually make ion cells then I can't imagine power being an issue. Couple it with the thermal generator upgrade and so long as it's warm you'll be making power. But that's long game.

Gutted !!

That means you can no longer use the cyclops as a mobile base without worrying about power
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Efficiency module stacking has been removed. You should see this in the next update.
  • KrelkKrelk Wisconsi Join Date: 2017-09-27 Member: 233269Members
    They do have an upgrade for recharging the cyclops when near a heat source.... so while I dont like how you cant recharge faster then deplete your batteries at least with that option when you find a heat source you can recharge all the batteries you need and have unlimited power for fabricating in the deep.