I've officially gone insane, guys.* Now the Monty Python Reference Thread

kingkumakingkuma cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress Join Date: 2015-09-25 Member: 208137Members
As if you couldn't tell by my avatar, today, in subanutica, I crossed the moral event horizon. How? Well, I've had my cuddlefish for a while now, and I wanted to take him to space with me. Except I couldn't pick him up. Solution? Kill the thing and cheat in a new egg. I turned on instagib mode, but a knife didn't work, as it just made me pet him. Darn. So, I stasis rifled him, grabbed a deep shroom out of my prawn and grabbed my prop cannon. He sat there like that scene in old yeller, staring up at me with those huge eyes. I shot him right on his forehead. He died instantly. I then propelled his corpse down about 200 meters to the reaper near the big mountains wreck. I'm a complete monster, I know...
... and I'm not ashamed at all. >:)

Comments

• SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    I'm just gonna slowly back away from you...
    ...Please don't hurt me...
  • garathgarath Texas Join Date: 2017-02-08 Member: 227730Members
    In Dante's Inferno, he devotes an entire section of Hell for people who kill their Cuddle Fish. :)
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    garath wrote: »
    In Dante's Inferno, he devotes an entire section of Hell for people who kill their Cuddle Fish. :)

Five bucks @Tarkannen is in that section. They're probably the leader of that ring, now that I think about it.
  • Casual_PlayerCasual_Player That...is a really good question Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221875Members
    *Sips tea

And another good opportunity for barbecue ruined.

sighs
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    I'm guessing you are having this issue?

• garathgarath Texas Join Date: 2017-02-08 Member: 227730Members
    Skope wrote: »

Five bucks @Tarkannen is in that section. They're probably the leader of that ring, now that I think about it.

We know @Tarkannen loves the Cuddle Fish so much that I felt it was only proper to bribe the DEV's to create a custom version of the game where the Cuddle Fish spawns in naturally in all the biomes. I wouldn't want them to go to a biome and not see the Cuddle Fish. :)

It will be just like the ending of the Star Trek: The Original Series episode, I, Mudd:

:)

• Casual_PlayerCasual_Player That...is a really good question Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221875Members

We know @Tarkannen loves the Cuddle Fish so much that I felt it was only proper to bribe the DEV's to create a custom version of the game where the Cuddle Fish spawns in naturally in all the biomes. I wouldn't want them to go to a biome and not see the Cuddle Fish. :)

It will be just like the ending of the Star Trek: The Original Series episode, I, Mudd:

*sips tea

My good sir or madam

If I didn't know any better, I would say your suggestion was made to purposefully cause a psychotic breakdown by RAGE on @Tarkannen, but I'm pretty sure I'm at the wrong here.

Thou are a evil one indeed

smiles
  • JackeJacke Calgary Join Date: 2017-03-20 Member: 229061Members
    Well, GLaDOS, what do you think?

"Murderer."

Agreed.
  • kingkumakingkuma cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress Join Date: 2015-09-25 Member: 208137Members

*sips tea

My good sir or madam

If I didn't know any better, I would say your suggestion was made to purposefully cause a psychotic breakdown by RAGE on @Tarkannen, but I'm pretty sure I'm at the wrong here.

Thou are a evil one indeed

smiles

Hold on, I think I know where they're coming from on this: are you getting me and @Tarkannen confused? We both like webcomics, have tvtropes accounts, and generally make bad puns. But no, we are not in a gang of cuddlefish serial killers.
  • kingkumakingkuma cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress Join Date: 2015-09-25 Member: 208137Members

Guess it's confirmed now.

isx671dxqp1q.jpg
  • AkuMasterofMastersAkuMasterofMasters Join Date: 2017-09-10 Member: 232934Members
    edited October 2017
    I knew from the title that you did something insane
    But this is pure psychotic...
  • KurasuKurasu Join Date: 2017-06-24 Member: 231322Members
    I guess that I shouldn't admit to wondering how much bioreactor energy a cuddlefish gives, then....
  • Hulkie2345Hulkie2345 New York Join Date: 2017-08-23 Member: 232598Members
    edited October 2017
    I forgot what it gives. But I throw the extra ones in my reactors. You can't breed them. So I don't see the point in keeping extras.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    kingkuma wrote: »
    Hold on, I think I know where they're coming from on this: are you getting me and @Tarkannen confused? We both like webcomics, have tvtropes accounts, and generally make bad puns. But no, we are not in a gang of cuddlefish serial killers.

Of course, this is exactly what a psychotic cuddlefish serial killer gang member would say... ;)

That is exactly so!
    *sips tea

narrows eyes

Gentlemen, I believe we found a previously unknown member of the cuddlefish kill group.

@Tarkannen already expressed the intended plans from that front. And now @kingkuma graciously invited suspicion upon himself. I believe questioning is in order.

Bring your herrings, so they may become used to what comes next

I shall prepare the Cuddlefish pool. And I will guarantee these fish to be from the most needy ones available.
  • JackeJacke Calgary Join Date: 2017-03-20 Member: 229061Members
    And here I thought this is what was going to happen.

edited October 2017
    Probably gonna end up like this:

Jacke wrote: »
    And here I thought this is what was going to happen.

Damn, I didn't know about that one. To be fair, the videos I found continued after the herring part. If it just stopped there, it would be better.
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    edited October 2017
    Well, ... It's definitely already this...
    https://youtu.be/anwy2MPT5RE

B)
  • RalijRalij US Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217092Members
    Why kill the cuddlefish when you can perform experiments on it to turn it into a hoverfish?
    I only just realized... Hover fish... IT HOVARS WITHOUT FLAPPING!!!
    I love this forum.

Where else could a discussion about killing pets turn into a monty python clip spam?
    kingkuma wrote: »
    I love this forum.

Where else could a discussion about killing pets turn into a monty python clip spam?

This is the only kind of spam that is accepted by all :D
    *sips tea

Anyway

What do you have to say for yourself, @kingkuma? Are you part of the conspiracy of the cuddlefish-killers-and-not-let's-transform-them-into-hoverfish?

I must warn you, don't try to flee, otherwise I shall send THEM to find you, and I'm not afraid to do it

*sips tea

Anyway

What do you have to say for yourself, @kingkuma? Are you part of the conspiracy of the cuddlefish-killers-and-not-let's-transform-them-into-hoverfish?

I must warn you, don't try to flee, otherwise I shall send THEM to find you, and I'm not afraid to do it

Yes, I killed a cuddlefish. Does it really matter? No. #Consolecommands
    *drops tea-cup, which breaks on the ground

you monster

edited October 2017

you monster
    That is italic though
    di62ynhrymz8.jpg
    Suspicious!

Kouji_San wrote: »

you monster
    That is italic though
    di62ynhrymz8.jpg
    Suspicious!

*sips tea in another tea cup, hands trembling

There are only so many ways to appropriately convey emotions while on a text-to-speech form