Sunbeam Messages(possible spoiler)

Jaws1614Jaws1614 Join Date: 2017-08-30 Member: 232742Members
Has there been any issues with anyone else not getting any other messages from the Sunbeam except the first one? I've been in game for a while now and received the initial message, but haven't had any updated messages about the LZ on the gun island.(I played pre-updates)

Comments

• elfcrisiselfcrisis Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230466Members
    That happened for a while. I'm not sure why it was turned off, but a few builds ago in Experimental it got turned back on.

Next update for XBox should re-activate it, and no matter what progress you've made in the game, you'll start getting those messages again. Unfortunately, the Sunbeam still gets destroyed even if you've deactivated the gun platform by then. Guess we'll have to wait awhile for that alternate scenario.
  • obsidian_eclipseobsidian_eclipse uk Join Date: 2017-05-04 Member: 230239Members
    I'm glad I'm not the only one. I've got all the audio transmissions etc from the ill fated survivors and thought.. What's happened to the sunbeam? They said they were other side of the system and on their way but I've heard nothing since and that was a long while ago.

I considered running the Console Command to start the sunbeam event but I'm not sure what impact it might have on the rest of the world so will leave it for the next update.
  • MasterBat23MasterBat23 Join Date: 2017-10-18 Member: 233602Members
    Finally, someone else having this issue, i have had the same problems and its kinda irritating, is there a definite reason why this was turned off? Seems like a major flaw that ruins the game experience since the Sunbeam is a big part of the story, i got the Alterra HQ message about the rocket but that is not supposed to happen until 5 days after Sunbeam arrives.
  • obsidian_eclipseobsidian_eclipse uk Join Date: 2017-05-04 Member: 230239Members
    Finally, someone else having this issue, i have had the same problems and its kinda irritating, is there a definite reason why this was turned off? Seems like a major flaw that ruins the game experience since the Sunbeam is a big part of the story, i got the Alterra HQ message about the rocket but that is not supposed to happen until 5 days after Sunbeam arrives.

I too have had the message about the rocket. The code they gave for the captains door in the aurora doesn't seem to work either. I wonder if it's connected in some way.
  • manslewmanslew Join Date: 2017-10-23 Member: 233687Members
    The story, along with the sunbeam, is completely bugged out. This is an issue that im reading about multiple people having. Everyone hears the initial sunbeam message, they hear a few lifepod radio messages, and then it just dies. My radio completely stopped working when I received the lifepod 7 message. I knew something was wrong when the ping wouldn't register on my map.

I can not receive anymore radio messages. I have left a bug report in game, and Have read multiple threads on reddit, steam, and here about the issue. the devs NEED to see this as this has effectively broken thier game. Im really damned bummed out. I just bought this and put my whole weekend into the game, only to find out that I cant even progress the story any longer.
  • elfcrisiselfcrisis Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230466Members
    This has already been addressed in Experimental builds. The next stable build for XBox will fix this.

I suspect they turned off some of the story progression elements so they wouldn't interfere with something else they were working on, but that's just a guess on my part.

But like I said, it's already been changed back in newer builds, so there's nothing to worry about. You'll get the story elements back. :)
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    This issue has been fixed in the latest experimental Steam version, and will be fixed in the next Xbox patch.
  • SnailsAttackSnailsAttack Join Date: 2017-02-09 Member: 227749Members
    edited October 2017
    Obraxis wrote: »
    This issue has been fixed in the latest experimental Steam version, and will be fixed in the next Xbox patch.

Cool. Is there a time estimate for when it'll be passed onto microsoft for certification?
  • MasterBat23MasterBat23 Join Date: 2017-10-18 Member: 233602Members
    Obraxis wrote: »

Thanks for the update, will keep a lookout for it.
  • nix3ternix3ter forfar Join Date: 2017-09-21 Member: 233172Members
    Same had issue bout sunbeam, had 1st radio call but not any more. Also some coordinates aren’t showing up on the hud. Lifepod 7, the alien disease station.
  • Wolfie2377Wolfie2377 wut Join Date: 2017-11-07 Member: 233871Members
    So glad i found this on here was getting irritated by this, hopefully the new update will be here soon :T