Lethal weapons. Everything is not so stupid as it seems!

2»

Comments

• AkuMasterofMastersAkuMasterofMasters Join Date: 2017-09-10 Member: 232934Members
    edited October 2017
    Can't make weapons, but if I ended up stranded on an ocean planet and they say I can't make weapons, id say "screw that" and make my own weapons, like spears, bows and arrows, etc, handcrafted with middle fingers to Alterra. (seriously though, anyone in that kind of situation would likely do the same)
  • elfcrisiselfcrisis Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230466Members
    Puppies and kittens are clearly for psychological warfare. I mean obviously. c.c
  • Hulkie2345Hulkie2345 New York Join Date: 2017-08-23 Member: 232598Members
    edited October 2017
    The first thing I do is breed Crashfish. Than make a bomb. Feed it to some Leviathans and say good bye, you ain't respawning in real life. Or phasing threw F-ing floors. Other bombs would be multiple Cyclops. Overload the Ion batteries by causing a fire. Slowly make the Leviathans extinct. Or 3rd: Ask the mother before she dies. Can you tell your kids to kill the Leviathans for me. When they grow up. I'm not doing it Alterra :P. Either that or make Dragons and regular Leviathans their bitches.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Foxy wrote: »
    garath wrote: »
    It sounds like they need to increase the health of all the creatures. I vote for a 10x increase in the health of all of them. :)

Oh, and take out all the sharp objects. Let's change the Survival Knife to a Survival Spoon. Try to kill a Reaper with a Survival Spork. :)

• RezcaRezca United States Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216078Members
    Can't make weapons, but if I ended up stranded on an ocean planet and they say I can't make weapons, id say "screw that" and make my own weapons, like spears, bows and arrows, etc, handcrafted with middle fingers to Alterra. (seriously though, anyone in that kind of situation would likely do the same)

Coming from someone who's played Monster Hunter 3, I can say with utmost certainty that using bows and the like underwater is not the wisest of ideas. :P

• elfcrisiselfcrisis Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230466Members
    Rezca wrote: »

Coming from someone who's played Monster Hunter 3, I can say with utmost certainty that using bows and the like underwater is not the wisest of ideas. :P

You have reminded me of a fishing show I saw recently called Chasing Monsters, where this French-Canadian dude goes around the world catching giant fish. Anyway, in one episode he goes up the Amazon river in search of... something, doesn't matter. What matters is the native dude who is guiding him. The guy has this, uh, "bow" and "arrow" that he uses to hunt fish. And caimans. And monkeys. And I was like, that's not an arrow that's a fricking harpoon or javelin or something and the bow is its gigantic launching mechanism. It was nuts.

Native guy was also crazy accurate with the thing, not only spearing fish with it, but hitting them in a very particular spot (right behind the head) every time. It was really cool.
  • JckingJcking Join Date: 2017-01-27 Member: 227344Members
    My problem with the non lethal weapons is that (apart from the stasis rifle) the weapons are either poorly implemented (vortex torpedoes anyone?), or simply disguised as tools (drills, propulsion/repulsion cannons, perimeter defence).

Simply a stasis rifle for the PRAWN, and the Seamoth would be much better that the current option for opposition, and this concept for the player (Drawn by Shovel_Fighter) would expand our current options for self defence

latest?cb=20160109223558
  • jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    why, why bring this thread back
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    I commented forever ago on this, and I want to ask something.

Who brought this back? It's been dead.

Anyways, yea, no. Read my previous comment as to why.
  • kingkumakingkuma cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress Join Date: 2015-09-25 Member: 208137Members
    edited January 2018
    tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/InternetBackdraft/
  • LeunamsilLeunamsil Join Date: 2018-02-02 Member: 236562Members
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    0x6A7232 wrote: »
    Tarkannen wrote: »
    Well, it depends on the application of the tool and the intent behind it. Ambulances are used to save lives, but a malicious driver could use one to run people down with. Lasers were designed for guidance assistance, but were repurposed for tactical weapons. Heck, gunpowder was originally invented for festivals and enjoyment... but someone decided to use it instead to propel lead into a lethal force. :neutral:

The point is, whether the creators of technology decide to make something beneficial to society for the betterment of mankind, there will always be someone who will try to repurpose it into a tactical advantage. Besides, it doesn't really matter whether the developers add weapons or not - their official stance is "No weapons!" and that's perfectly fine by us all. But when the game officially launches, there's nothing to stop modders from creating or adding in weapons to the game; and since it runs Unity there is a lot of room for adding such things to the game... :pensive:

Everything is a weapon of opportunity in the right hands, including the hands themselves.

Challenge: How are you going to use fluffy kittens or puppies as a weapon?

you can throw them to people who are alergic to them

• Hertz94Hertz94 Join Date: 2018-03-07 Member: 238683Members
    An alien weapon found after game when you deactive the cannon.
  • jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    Please stop bringing this thread back alive