Cuddlefish Update Released on Xbox One - Subnautica

SystemSystem Join Date: 2013-01-29 Member: 182599Members, Super Administrators, Reinforced - Diamond

imageCuddlefish Update Released on Xbox One - Subnautica

The Cuddlefish Update has been released on Xbox One! The adorable, squidgy, playful Cuddlefish is waiting to be your dive-buddy. Cuddlefish on Xbox One includes extra work on performance, stability,...

Read the full story here

Comments

• DroYzeDroYze France Join Date: 2017-10-09 Member: 233466Members
    edited October 2017
    So we can still play it without being afraid for the backup .... No Save No load ......... no utility
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited October 2017
    DroYze wrote: »
    So we can still play it without being afraid for the backup .... No Save No load ......... no utility

We're just as frustrated. We spent a lot of time looking into this & fixing issues, we did actually put in some fixes for saved games, but it didnt fix the one which some people are having. We're on it, but we thought it was best to keep the Xbox up-to-date as much as possible, especially that we didn't want to hold back performance improvements.

We're spending a lot of time looking for the actual cause, it's unique to Xbox and isnt happening on PC or Mac. This is our first Xbox game, so we are going to run into kinks like this from time to time, but that's why we're in Game Preview. To work out the kinks with the community's help before release.
  • bikerstretchbikerstretch Uk Join Date: 2017-09-29 Member: 233294Members
    How can we enjoy the game/update when all game play will be just lost due to no saving, still unplayable...
    Obraxis wrote: »
    DroYze wrote: »

We're just as frustrated. We spent a lot of time looking into this & fixing issues, we did actually put in some fixes for saved games, but it didnt fix the one which some people are having. We're on it, but we thought it was best to keep the Xbox up-to-date as much as possible, especially that we didn't want to hold back performance improvements.

We're spending a lot of time looking for the actual cause, it's unique to Xbox and isnt happening on PC or Mac. This is our first Xbox game, so we are going to run into kinks like this from time to time, but that's why we're in Game Preview. To work out the kinks with the community's help before release.

OK, thank you for your reply and good luck, I look forward to playing this game
  • kingbulletkingbullet United States Join Date: 2017-10-10 Member: 233485Members
    Did you happen to address the bugs where you get stuck in certain places and have to use console commands to get out? Or, if you did not, then did you happen to fix the bug that when you tried to use the console commands to get out it shoot you and whatever you are in many kilometers away?
  • Jarhead2Jarhead2 Join Date: 2017-03-08 Member: 228753Members
    This game is so amazing I bought it twice. Can't wait for it to be all finished. Thank you for an amazing game.
  • TeakKey7TeakKey7 U.S Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230478Members
    edited October 2017
    How does your base not flood when you open da hatch also do i have to make a new world my current save is from the 3in one update
  • elfcrisiselfcrisis Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230466Members
    TeakKey7 wrote: »
    How does your base not flood when you open da hatch

Don't think about it too hard, man. It's, you know, space magic. c.c
    Played Cutefish update on XBox for a couple of hours and it runs a heck of a lot better than it used to. Still got a ways to go but big big improvements. Well done, UWE. Not that I doubted you in the first place. :3
    elfcrisis wrote: »
    Played Cutefish update on XBox for a couple of hours and it runs a heck of a lot better than it used to. Still got a ways to go but big big improvements. Well done, UWE. Not that I doubted you in the first place. :3

I've play 2 hours...... save no work. I wait a definitif solution for save correctly
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    How does your base not flood when you open da hatch also do i have to make a new world my current save is from the 3in one update

Use the Bulkheads to separate the Hatch from the rest of your base.
    As long as the bulkheads are closed before you enter or exit, no flooding.

"Imagination" can solve just about any problem.

With all the trouble the Xbox version is having, it's probably best to start a new game.

< shrug >
    B)
  • JarinJarin Los Angeles Join Date: 2013-12-16 Member: 190184Members
    Ever since I discovered you could put hatches in the bottom of base tubes, I've just done that and assumed the air is pressure-equalized with the water outside (It would have to be for the moonpool to function). This is also how the hatch for the Cyclops works. I assume the Seamoth just drains out the cockpit every time you get in or out. It's small enough.
  • Raph00Raph00 Join Date: 2017-10-11 Member: 233499Members
    Hi, would it be possible for players who are having save/load issues on xbox to get a free Subnautica steam pass until the issues are fixed?
  • SnailsAttackSnailsAttack Join Date: 2017-02-09 Member: 227749Members
    Raph00 wrote: »
    Hi, would it be possible for players who are having save/load issues on xbox to get a free Subnautica steam pass until the issues are fixed?
    i don't think you know how early access works also why would you buy the xbox version instead of the steam version if you HAVE a computer than can handle subnautica?

Anyways, this update has been good to me. No new bugs, a lot of bugs fixed, SIGNIFICANT performance boost, especially in the prawn suit and when holding any tool. I went from 10 FPS in a prawn suit to about 30-50. The new recipe changes have been frustrating to remember, but they've all been good decisions gameplay-wise.

Also... the cuddlefish is pretty awesome. Any way to pick him up once you let him go outside, though?
  • obsidian_eclipseobsidian_eclipse uk Join Date: 2017-05-04 Member: 230239Members
    edited October 2017
    It is a pain in the ass a proportion of us are still having Save issues. What new error reporting features have been added to assist Unknown Worlds with the problem?

The fps have improved considerably, which is fantastic news! You can effectively navigate the mushroom trees without so many fender benders in your seamoth. The recipe changes did throw me for a bit haha especially when I was used to what they were.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    elfcrisis wrote: »
    How does your base not flood when you open da hatch

Don't think about it too hard, man. It's, you know, space magic. c.c

Or just put your hatch on the bottom every time. Or be a rebel, and stick it on the top! (bottom is cool IMHO. Saves the sides for other connections and windows, and saves the top for solar panels)
    0x6A7232 wrote: »
    Or just put your hatch on the bottom every time. Or be a rebel, and stick it on the top! (bottom is cool IMHO. Saves the sides for other connections and windows, and saves the top for solar panels)

I like to build a regular tube and put a hatch in the top /and/ the bottom!
  • CiarlaCiarla Australia Join Date: 2017-10-02 Member: 233354Members
    I would love to enjoy the Cuddlefish, but since I cannot save my progress this is pretty much useless for me right now.
  • WeylandYutani1989WeylandYutani1989 Join Date: 2017-03-14 Member: 228931Members
    Well I would love to enjoy the cuddle fish but I'm gonna have to wait for the save issue to be fixed
  • michaelmchurchmichaelmchurch Saudia Arabia Join Date: 2016-09-22 Member: 222487Members
    Great, keep working on that frame rate!
  • Sub_Pilot13Sub_Pilot13 United States Join Date: 2017-09-28 Member: 233282Members
    Love the update- smoother frame rate, better graphics, new HUD's, and the cuddlefish might be great (have yet to find it) this game is just plain AMAZING. I have made great moments with it and it's still my favorite. I love it UWE!!! frickin reaper leviathans are a pain in the rear of my 7th Seamoth. R.I.P. Seamoth's 1,2,3,4,5,6.
  • JimmyJames371JimmyJames371 Vic, Australia Join Date: 2017-09-26 Member: 233250Members
    I played it today and I loved it! The first time I've really played it in a while, smoother frame rate and better graphics! Just hope it save ;). Doesn't really matter if it doesn't save, I'll just play creative :)
  • JimmyJames371JimmyJames371 Vic, Australia Join Date: 2017-09-26 Member: 233250Members
    Raph00 wrote: »

Yeah I wish
    Why do not you ask a Microsoft developer for help with your backup problem?
  • t035t035 Join Date: 2017-10-12 Member: 233521Members
    I have found a fix for players on Xbox to save your game. When saveing the plase wiat mssege will come up it will go away after a few seconds on the contrer then go into your menu and quit the game. I tried this 2 times and it worked both times also the save will load
    I kinda said this in another thread, but I'll post it here, too.

For those of you experiencing the save problem, I know it's frustrating, but it's important that you keep playing. As others have said, the Cuddlefish update included new tools to help the devs find and fix the saving problem.

So even though it doesn't work right, play the game anyway. Play it a lot. Save often. Go for a long time without saving and then save. Try to save randomly. Save at specific intervals. Everything you do generates data for the devs to analyze, and the more data they have, the easier it will be for them to find and fix this.
  • StormShockerStormShocker Join Date: 2017-08-27 Member: 232676Members
    Who else watches IGP
  • SoulLessMouse39SoulLessMouse39 Join Date: 2017-10-13 Member: 233532Members
    did they move the precursor gun island?
  • SoulLessMouse39SoulLessMouse39 Join Date: 2017-10-13 Member: 233532Members
    i cant find it when i head in its direction
    plus OH THATS WHAT THE NEW LEVIATHAN LOOKS LIKE
    i was on my way to the island and i just go flying up into the air
  • gbuzz1216gbuzz1216 Join Date: 2017-03-09 Member: 228771Members
    You guys should put split screen for xbox later on. AND NO ONE PUT THE SAD REEFBACK PUP DYING BECAUSE OF ME ASKONG ABOUT MULTIPLAYER!