Cave Spiders on island harder to hit, faster, more aggressive. Deadly. [54865]

garathgarath Texas Join Date: 2017-02-08 Member: 227730Members
Did anyone else notice the cave spiders on the island seem more aggressive and harder to hit? I'm finding them to be quite a pain. Yep. I died once already.

Comments

• DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    edited October 2017
    Not just on the island, they are also quite aggressive on the Aurora now.

I always take the Stasis Rifle with me for those little boogers...

ZAP UM, then Whack the Hell outta them with the knife.

B)
  • garathgarath Texas Join Date: 2017-02-08 Member: 227730Members
    edited October 2017
    In another place, I saw one of the DEVs suggest the hit box problem that causes the window bug and the marble melon bug would likely cause other issues.

I humbly submit that bug is affecting the hit box for the cave spiders.

In the past, the DEVs coded it so you couldn't use the Propulsion Cannon pretty much anywhere but the Aurora. But I just cheated one in. Now, it apparently works on the island. So, it may be they want you to make the Propulsion Cannon before you ever come to the island.

I'm just now finding the Stasis Rifle blueprints on the island. Where did you find the Stasis Rifle if you didn't get it on the island? (i've never actually uses the Stasis Rifle. I use the Propulsion Cannon on the Aurora and then never use it again.)

Edit: Okay. I give up. The hit box has to be impossibly small due to similar bug that occurred with the marble melons and windows. Opening a bug report.
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    garath wrote: »
    In the past, the DEVs coded it so you couldn't use the Propulsion Cannon pretty much anywhere but the Aurora.

I have no idea what you're talking about here - I used the prop cannon all the time. In addition to tossing aside obnoxious things like cave spiders, it's an excellent fishing tool. Why swim after peepers when you can grab them with the PC?
    Sidchicken wrote: »
    In the past, the DEVs coded it so you couldn't use the Propulsion Cannon pretty much anywhere but the Aurora.

I have no idea what you're talking about here - I used the prop cannon all the time. In addition to tossing aside obnoxious things like cave spiders, it's an excellent fishing tool. Why swim after peepers when you can grab them with the PC?

If you search the forums, you will undoubtedly find posts with people reporting the Propulsion Cannon cannot be used in various places in the game. I definitely know it could not be used on the Cave Spiders on the mountain island with the gun.
  • elfcrisiselfcrisis Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230466Members
    I was just noticing that the crawlers are harder to hit. I just got killed on the rendezvous island and that's never happened before. I usually have a stasis rifle or propulsion cannon at this point, but not this game.

Also, it used to be that you couldn't use the PC /inside/ the caves at Gun Island. It worked everywhere else. I don't know if that was intended or not, but they changed it a while ago (thankfully).
    elfcrisis wrote: »
    I was just noticing that the crawlers are harder to hit. I just got killed on the rendezvous island and that's never happened before. I usually have a stasis rifle or propulsion cannon at this point, but not this game.

Also, it used to be that you couldn't use the PC /inside/ the caves at Gun Island. It worked everywhere else. I don't know if that was intended or not, but they changed it a while ago (thankfully).

It's great to hear they changed it!

It's a big of a pain they changed the Propulsion Cannon to use Magnetite. I usually don't go anywhere that has Magnetite until *after* I return from the floating island.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Do flares affect them at all?
    0x6A7232 wrote: »
    Do flares affect them at all?

I've never seen flares affect any creature, but then I've never tried to hit something with one. Do they actually work as weapons?
    It's a big of a pain they changed the Propulsion Cannon to use Magnetite. I usually don't go anywhere that has Magnetite until *after* I return from the floating island.

Right? I've discovered that the Sparse Reef near Lifepod 19 is riddled with the stuff, though. There are a bunch of bleeders but no big predators, so it's easy pickings for magnetite, rubies, and lithium.
  • baronvonsatanbaronvonsatan TX, USA Join Date: 2016-12-01 Member: 224415Members
    I learned the folly of trying to fight those little jerks with a knife a long time ago. I grab 'em and fling 'em seaward. Lately, I've been getting my Seamoth equipped with the PDS so that when I swim up to the Aurora, I get as close to the water's edge as possible and let loose with a maximum blast. Doesn't kill them all, but every one of them in the vicinity dies!
  • adel_50adel_50 Join Date: 2016-09-01 Member: 221973Members

If you search the forums, you will undoubtedly find posts with people reporting the Propulsion Cannon cannot be used in various places in the game. I definitely know it could not be used on the Cave Spiders on the mountain island with the gun.

That's a bug not an intended thing and it's fixed now
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited October 2017
    I once heard of of these bastards play this song on their boombox, could explain a few things...
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members

Huh.... I never experienced that bug. Not complaining - the PC is my default defensive weapon.