Update 318 - 64-Bit Release - Natural Selection 2

2»

Comments

• rkfgrkfg Russia Join Date: 2013-09-03 Member: 187744Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited October 2017
    rkfg wrote: »
    As for libsndio, on my Debian it's present supposedly because of a lot of other libs and programs depending on it. Particularly, mpv, mplayer, libavdevice57 (and ffmpeg transitively). It's a bit hard to find the license info but this site mentions ISC license which is in essence the MIT license. It means you can redistribute it if you mention the software in your license.

I'm a little confused in that regard. Doesn't speex, which Spark (NS2) depends on for Audio/VOIP, depend on libsndio. So how do ppl get speex without libsndio?
    This dependency actually comes from libSDL2. Here's the output of an extremely useful tool lddtree (I use it as well for my own C++ software to check what real dependencies of the binary are):
    ns2_linux => ./ns2_linux (interpreter => /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2)
    scanelf: rpath_security_checks(): Security problem with relative DT_RPATH '.' in ./ns2_linux
        libSpark_Physics.so => ./libSpark_Physics.so
            libPhysX3Cooking.so => ./libPhysX3Cooking.so
                libpthread.so.0 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpthread.so.0
                    ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 => /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2
            libPhysX3.so => ./libPhysX3.so
            libPhysX3Common.so => ./libPhysX3Common.so
    scanelf: rpath_security_checks(): Security problem with relative DT_RPATH '.' in ./ns2_linux
        libSpark_Render.so => ./libSpark_Render.so
            libGL.so.1 => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libGL.so.1
                libdl.so.2 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libdl.so.2
                libGLX.so.0 => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libGLX.so.0
                    libXext.so.6 => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libXext.so.6
                libGLdispatch.so.0 => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libGLdispatch.so.0
            libX11.so.6 => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libX11.so.6
                libxcb.so.1 => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libxcb.so.1
                    libXau.so.6 => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libXau.so.6
                    libXdmcp.so.6 => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libXdmcp.so.6
                        libbsd.so.0 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libbsd.so.0
        libSpark_Sound.so => ./libSpark_Sound.so
            libfmodex64.so => ./libfmodex64.so
            libfmodevent64.so => ./libfmodevent64.so
                libfmodex64-4.44.58.so => not found
            libfmodeventnet64.so => ./libfmodeventnet64.so
        libSpark_Network.so => ./libSpark_Network.so
        libSpark_Cinematic.so => ./libSpark_Cinematic.so
        libSpark_Core.so => ./libSpark_Core.so
            libcurl.so => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcurl.so
                libnghttp2.so.14 => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libnghttp2.so.14
                libidn2.so.0 => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libidn2.so.0
                    libunistring.so.2 => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libunistring.so.2
                librtmp.so.1 => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/librtmp.so.1
                    libgnutls.so.30 => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgnutls.so.30
                        libp11-kit.so.0 => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libp11-kit.so.0
                            libffi.so.6 => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libffi.so.6
                        libtasn1.so.6 => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libtasn1.so.6
                    libhogweed.so.4 => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libhogweed.so.4
                    libnettle.so.6 => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libnettle.so.6
                    libgmp.so.10 => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgmp.so.10
                libssh2.so.1 => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libssh2.so.1
                    libgcrypt.so.20 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgcrypt.so.20
                        libgpg-error.so.0 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgpg-error.so.0
                libpsl.so.5 => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpsl.so.5
                libssl.so.1.0.2 => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libssl.so.1.0.2
                libcrypto.so.1.0.2 => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcrypto.so.1.0.2
                libgssapi_krb5.so.2 => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgssapi_krb5.so.2
                    libkrb5support.so.0 => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libkrb5support.so.0
                    libkeyutils.so.1 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libkeyutils.so.1
                    libresolv.so.2 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libresolv.so.2
                libkrb5.so.3 => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libkrb5.so.3
                libk5crypto.so.3 => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libk5crypto.so.3
                libcom_err.so.2 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcom_err.so.2
                libldap_r-2.4.so.2 => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libldap_r-2.4.so.2
                    libsasl2.so.2 => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libsasl2.so.2
                liblber-2.4.so.2 => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/liblber-2.4.so.2
                libz.so.1 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libz.so.1
        liblua51.so => ./liblua51.so
        libSDL2-2.0.so.0 => ./libSDL2-2.0.so.0
            libsndio.so.6.1 => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libsndio.so.6.1
                libasound.so.2 => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libasound.so.2
        librt.so.1 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/librt.so.1
        libsteam_api.so => ./libsteam_api.so
        libstdc++.so.6 => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6
        libm.so.6 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libm.so.6
        libgcc_s.so.1 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgcc_s.so.1
        libc.so.6 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6

Also, that security problem is real, it's not very secure to have '.' (current directory) in RPATH. $ORIGIN is there as well but IMHO it should be the only one present. Also, steam libs in the main directory like libsteam.so, libsteam_api.so and steamclient.so are 32-bit only. Maybe that's what preventing the overlay from working?
  • GaidinTSGaidinTS Join Date: 2003-08-10 Member: 19319Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    Thanks for the help rkfg and Inf. I'm amazed at the fact that the very small subset of people who a) play ns2 and b) play NS2 on linux actually exist much less take the time to sort out issues with the game and post updates for others.

Your help got me up and running.

Thanks,
  • navazkanavazka Join Date: 2015-12-08 Member: 209825Members
    Fedora 26, can't run the game because of missing libsndio library. Please include the lib.
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    GaidinTS wrote: »
    Thanks for the help rkfg and Inf. I'm amazed at the fact that the very small subset of people who a) play ns2 and b) play NS2 on linux actually exist much less take the time to sort out issues with the game and post updates for others.

Your help got me up and running.

Thanks,

That's linux users for you. Those people are fanatic crazy dedicated.
  • RammlerRammler Join Date: 2013-06-18 Member: 185607Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
  • FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation
    Everything felt great overall.

I felt like I was having issues with server-confirmed blood in NS2+, just wasn't working consistently for me like it used to. Any chance the patch could have effected it? I was mostly playing with higher ping (130ish) but I kept getting kills without seeing blood, felt pretty strange.
  • NominousNominous Baltimore, MD Join Date: 2012-02-18 Member: 146518Members
    edited October 2017
    Played for about 3 hours yesterday on Windows 7 and only crashed once when I cluster naded four skulks. I crash occasionally anyways before the patch, and it felt very stable. Great work, guys. :)

Edit: Forgot to mention that I can't get any servers to show up in the server browser. Need to manually connect using the console or by joining the server a friend's currently on. I no longer get the Join as Spec option even when a server has multiple spec slots open. Instead, I get options to auto-join or join manually.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    edited October 2017
    If anyone is experiencing a higher than normal amount of crashing please refer to this thread for possible solutions and if you wish to try an experimental build aimed at resolving said crashes.

https://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/153022/important-psa-if-you-are-crashing-on-the-new-patch-318-windows-only#latest

Please report back whether this has helped you, if you are affected
  • ZdrytchXZdrytchX Australia Join Date: 2016-02-06 Member: 212662Members
    >Fixed an issue where dying in an exosuit during the warm-up period would sometimes cause the HUD to remain hidden even after respawning.

I was expecting the grenade entity remaining bug to be fixed rather than that one
  • rkfgrkfg Russia Join Date: 2013-09-03 Member: 187744Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    I'm pleasantly surprised that aside of the menu bug, symlinks and that one-time (probably physics-related) crash the Linux version is very stable! I mean, any startup-related stuff is not that important once resolved, it's the mid-game crashes that are the most frustrating and yet I haven't encountered any.

Going 64-bit must be quite a big task for a game engine but you did it well!
  • NovoReiNovoRei US Join Date: 2014-11-18 Member: 199718Members
    Did min fps and stuttering improve? It feels much better.
  • HandschuhHandschuh Join Date: 2005-03-08 Member: 44338Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Community Developer
    For me since the 64 Bit Patch I sometimes have some stuttering.... it's happening like once every 2 minutes, while everything else is smooth - this can be annoying if it is while I'm aiming