[Bug] Games loses progress on Mobile Vehicle Bay blueprint when loading save game [54841]

garathgarath Texas Join Date: 2017-02-08 Member: 227730Members
edited October 2017 in Subnautica Bug Reporting
Game Version: 54841

Steps to reproduce:

1. Scan Mobile Vehicle Bay fragment and verify progress is 1/3
2. Scan Mobile Vehicle Bay fragment and verify progress is 2/3
3. Take a screen shot and verify progress is 2/3
4. Save the game
5. Save the game again to be sure
6. Quit to Main menu
7. Load the game
8. Progress is reset to 0/3

Comments

• garathgarath Texas Join Date: 2017-02-08 Member: 227730Members
    I scanned two more fragments, saved the game, reloaded. Again the count was reset to zero. So, this bug is now easily reproducible, highly repeatable and apparently still not present on the Trello.

*Big Sigh*
    I don't want anyone complaining about not being able to find MVB blueprints since I had to find like 9 to finally get it. :)
  • elfcrisiselfcrisis Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230466Members
    I had this happen with the Seamoth and Grappling Arm in my current game. It's a pain but I'm sure they'll fix it eventually.
  • BelgarelBelgarel Join Date: 2017-07-03 Member: 231570Members, Subnautica Developer
    I tried for a bit on 54841 (both the experimental version and the dev version) but couldn't reproduce it, but if you have a save where it's reproducible I'll take a look at it this weekend if you post it. Was the save started in 54841 or was it from an earlier version?
    edited October 2017
    I started the game in the latest version, 54841, that I download from scratch tonight.

I attached a save. I just scanned a Propulsion Cannon fragment to get to 1/2, saved, reloaded and it is back to 0/2.

https://us.v-cdn.net/5019629/uploads/editor/nm/ywdhpg2n8ct6.7z

• BelgarelBelgarel Join Date: 2017-07-03 Member: 231570Members, Subnautica Developer
    garath wrote: »
    I attached a save. I just scanned a Propulsion Cannon fragment to get to 1/2, saved, reloaded and it is back to 0/2.

Great, I get the same thing with this save. I'll try to take a look at it tomorrow.
  • elfcrisiselfcrisis Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230466Members
    Belgarel wrote: »
    Great, I get the same thing with this save. I'll try to take a look at it tomorrow.

Ah, that contradictory time when finding something wrong is reason to celebrate.
    This is (I hope) fixed in 54865. New build might be up in an hour or so if the tests pass.
  • KurasuKurasu Join Date: 2017-06-24 Member: 231322Members
    What's weird is that when I had this same specific issue, I did a clean reinstall of the game (that is, uninstalled it completely and reinstalled), restarted it, and the pieces saved just fine.

My discussion about it:

https://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/152620/bug-fragments-not-being-saved-and-patterns-not-registering-version-52328
    edited October 2017
    Wow! I logged on mainly to tell @Belgarel to take the weekend off that this could wait. :) Instead, I find he's fixed this already. Wow!

I loaded up my save that had previously reset the Propulsion Cannon from 1/2 to 0/2 and it showed 1/2. A-W-E-S-O-M-E!

I hope this solves the issue for everyone! I think @elfcrisis said it quite well, "
    elfcrisis wrote: »

Ah, that contradictory time when finding something wrong is reason to celebrate.

It's awesome when the stars align and you can give the DEVs a save file that enables them to more easily solve the problem. All too often, it is the situation where you take your car to the shop to describe a problem but on the VERY day you take it in, it stops making the noise...

I realize it may sound selfish now that he's solved *MY* problem, but... take the weekend off so you don't burn out. :)

Thanks a million!!
    Kurasu wrote: »
    What's weird is that when I had this same specific issue, I did a clean reinstall of the game (that is, uninstalled it completely and reinstalled), restarted it, and the pieces saved just fine.

It depended on several factors and was why I couldn't reproduce it at first, either. But with garath's save in the bad state it was easy.
  • baronvonsatanbaronvonsatan TX, USA Join Date: 2016-12-01 Member: 224415Members
    This is (I hope) fixed in 54865. New build might be up in an hour or so if the tests pass.

Man, you have just been on fire with these fixes!