Update 318 - 64-Bit Release - Natural Selection 2

SystemSystem Join Date: 2013-01-29 Member: 182599Members, Super Administrators, Reinforced - Diamond
edited October 2017 in NS2 General Discussion
imageUpdate 318 - 64-Bit Release - Natural Selection 2

Release the KRAKEN! Wait?!?! Wrong mythology reference, this is NS2, not Clash of the Titans. After months of back end work, we are pleased to be releasing the NS2 64-bit...

Read the full story here

Comments

• WasabiOneWasabiOne Co-Lead NS2 CDT Join Date: 2011-06-15 Member: 104623Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
  • NousWandererNousWanderer Join Date: 2010-05-07 Member: 71646Members
    edited October 2017
  • moultanomoultano Creator of ns_shiva. Join Date: 2002-12-14 Member: 10806Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    Any before/after performance graphs?
  • LamboLambo Iceland Join Date: 2012-08-07 Member: 154915Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    moultano wrote: »
    No, that requires work.
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
  • antouantou France Join Date: 2016-07-24 Member: 220615Members
    You did it ! Nice job :smile:
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Vetinari wrote: »
    128bit when?

Ah, the 80ties and 90ties bitwars are back :D
  • ohnoohno Join Date: 2017-10-06 Member: 233418Members
    Help!

Trying to run ns2 on Arch 64bit linux I get:
    "An error occurred while updating Natural Selection 2 (missing executable):
    /path/to/steamapps/common/Natural Selection 2/ns2_linux32"

I tried to verify cache integrity, reinstall the game and steam but to no avail.

I'm also not sure how the workaround described for linux users is supposed to work as the game reverts the symlinks
    as soon as I click PLAY GAME.
  • McGlaspieMcGlaspie www.team156.com Join Date: 2010-07-26 Member: 73044Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester
    @ohno That should be fixed now. Sorry about that, that was a small mistake on my part with not updating Steam's app definition once we pushed the update. Also, be sure and check the Known Issues section of the changelog.

moultano wrote: »
    No there are not.
    While there are _some_ gains, ultimately they are not large enough to merit a granular side-by-side comparison. If I had to guess, I would say a 0.5 - 1.5% gain at best (however, it will always depend on a client's system).
    The benefits of 64bit have more to do with _how_ things are executed, not how quickly they're executed (e.g. spreading work across more cores, more evenly, or reducing memory fragmentation a decent amount, etc).
  • CorpoSecoCorpoSeco Join Date: 2017-10-06 Member: 233419Members
    edited October 2017
    Broken for me on arch 64 as well. The commands to create the symlinks were wrong, but an easy fix. After that I had to install sndio and its pulseaudio module, not sure if the second one was necessary, but it seemed appropriate. Now the game runs, and the main menu is rendered nicely at 60 fps, but half of it is offscreen and the mouse doesn't work, only the keyboard. Steam overlay won't work either as it attemps to preload the 32 bit library. I am using dwm and arch's steam-native hack if that makes any difference, though it used to work just fine on 317. Here's a screenshot for reference: imgur [dot] com [slash] bpb7SDR
  • rkfgrkfg Russia Join Date: 2013-09-03 Member: 187744Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    The right commands (please fix on Steam too):
    ln -s libfmodevent64-4.44.58.so libfmodevent64.so
    ln -s libfmodeventnet64-4.44.58.so libfmodeventnet64.so
    ln -s libfmodex64-4.44.58.so libfmodex64.so
  • rkfgrkfg Russia Join Date: 2013-09-03 Member: 187744Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited October 2017
    The problem with the menu seeems to be caused by this:
    [  2.747] MainThread : Error: lua/menu/GUIMainMenu.lua:3711: attempt to call field 'GetOSBitType' (a nil value)
    [Client] Script Error #1: lua/menu/GUIMainMenu.lua:3711: attempt to call field 'GetOSBitType' (a nil value)
        Call stack:
        #1: MaybeAddEndofLifePopup lua/menu/GUIMainMenu.lua:3711
            self = GUIMainMenu { }
            warned = false
        #2: MaybeOpenPopup lua/menu/GUIMainMenu.lua:3689
            self = GUIMainMenu { }
        #3: Initialize lua/menu/GUIMainMenu.lua:244
            self = GUIMainMenu { }
            eventCallbacks =  {OnEscape=function, OnHide=function, OnShow=function }
        #4: SharedCreate lua/GUIManager.lua:114
            scriptName = "GUIMainMenu"
            scriptPath = "menu/GUIMainMenu"
            result =  {1="menu", 2="GUIMainMenu" }
            creationFunction =  {ActivateCustomizeWindow=function, ActivateGatherWindow=function, AddAnimatingItem=function, AddMainLink=function, AttemptToOpenServerBrowser=function, AttemptToQuickJoin=function, ClearVideoLinks=function, CreateAlertWindow=function, CreateAnimatedGraphicItem=function, CreateAnimatedTextItem=function, CreateAutoJoinWindow=function, CreateCustomizeForm=function, CreateCustomizeLoadingWindow=function, CreateCustomizeWindow=function, CreateFilterForm=function, CreateGatherWindow=function, CreateHostGameWindow=function, CreateLastStandMenu=function, CreateMainLink=function, CreateMainLinks=function, CreateMenuBackground=function, CreateModsWindow=function, CreateOptionWindow=function, CreateOptionsForm=function, CreatePasswordPromptWindow=function, CreatePlayFooter=function, CreateProfile=function, CreateRookieOnlyAlertWindow=function, CreateRookieOnlyNagWindow=function, CreateServerBrowserWindow=function, CreateServerDetailsWindow=function, CreateServerListWindow=function, CreateServerNetworkModdedAlertWindow=function, CreateTrainingWindow=function, CreateTundraUnpackWindow=function, CreateTutorialNagWindow=function, DoQuickJoin=function, HideAll=function, HideMenu=function, HideServerWindow=function, Initialize=function, JoinServer=function, MaybeAddChangelogPopup=function, MaybeAddEndofLifePopup=function, MaybeAddLastStandMenu=function, MaybeAddNe

It can be worked around by changing ns2/lua/menu/GUIMainMenu.lua:3711 line to
    local show = false

However, I can't join any server with this. And I had menu loaded fine once when the changelog pops up. The PopupIsVisible() returning true makes that this faulty function return early so the menu actually appears. Now the question is, how to make the changelog/mods disabled popup to appear again?
    edited October 2017
    McGlaspie wrote: »
    @ohno That should be fixed now. Sorry about that, that was a small mistake on my part with not updating Steam's app definition once we pushed the update. Also, be sure and check the Known Issues section of the changelog.
    That was fast! Thanks.

The game still does not start (at least for me) though. Now console logs:
    > bin/sh: /path/to/steamapps/common/Natural Selection 2/x64/ns2_linux_x64/ns2_linux: No such file or directory
    I think it should be /path/to/steamapps/common/Natural Selection 2/x64/ns2_linux

edit: Oops! nevermind!
  • garrehgarreh UK Join Date: 2014-02-22 Member: 194244Members
    Crashes for me when attempting to load any map - connecting to a server, loading training, etc, all crashes to desktop on Windows 10 with the error "Failed to allocate X bytes" looks like some kind of memory leak or something?

Tried verifying game files and still not working.
  • McGlaspieMcGlaspie www.team156.com Join Date: 2010-07-26 Member: 73044Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester
    @rkfg Yes, I'm working on a fix for that now
  • coinecoine Join Date: 2006-11-16 Member: 58631Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited October 2017
    garreh wrote: »
    Crashes for me when attempting to load any map - connecting to a server, loading training, etc, all crashes to desktop on Windows 10 with the error "Failed to allocate X bytes" looks like some kind of memory leak or something?

Same for me. Im trying with a complete reinstall now and see if it works.

Edit: It worked for me. Also deleted appdata ns2 folder.
    Edit 2: I was only lucky with the first try, crashing again.
  • RadimaXRadimaX Join Date: 2013-02-05 Member: 182840Members
    game crashed 6 times today in 5 hours of gameplay so cannot play a full game unless rushing.
  • coinecoine Join Date: 2006-11-16 Member: 58631Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    coine wrote: »

If youre windows page file is set to fixed, change it to auto. This solved the problem for me.
  • RadimaXRadimaX Join Date: 2013-02-05 Member: 182840Members
    Another 4 crashes just in the last 4 games
    Im on windows 7 the 64bit version if that helps...
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue

If youre windows page file is set to fixed, change it to auto. This solved the problem for me.

*If* the problem is a memory leak, setting page size to auto will merely mean as your RAM fills up, it will start paging out to your HDD. This will continue to fill until there is no more space on the drive, giving you quite a bit more gaming time before your machine explodes, but definitely *not* solving your issue.

*If* the problem is not memory leak related, your actions may be beneficial.
  • CatCopCatCop Join Date: 2003-08-28 Member: 20296Members, Constellation
    Thanks for keeping the game updated, the 64 bit patch will help keep this game playable for a long time hopefully! <3
    We just pushed a Linux Client only update.
    This should resolve that script error (and all the resultant spin-off issues of it).
    Unfortunately, that means the FMOD symlink tweak will need to be re-applied.

@rkfg @ohno @CorpoSeco ^
    edited October 2017
    @McGlaspie
    Marine training went smoothly B)

I couldn't join any servers though. Most of the time (for example with 8bitgamers ns2 #4 rookie only) an ui popup showed up with: "Missing required mod". Afterwards I found that I had a bunch of mods listed as unavailable in the mods window.

edit: dns issues on my end o:)

Other servers, such as ns2rus #3 either errored with "You're game files do not match the servers..." or went back to ui which was missing any text while the console logged:
    [778.079] MainThread : Error: File 'lua/menu/GUIMainMenu.lua' failed consistency check!
    [778.242] MainThread : Error: Unable to open 'lua/NS2Plus/CHUD_Shared.lua' (usage 0x1)
    NS2+ has been updated or is not available, not loading main menu mods. A restart will be required when the update is installed (you can do it from the mods menu).
    Main Menu Initialized at Version: 318
    Steam Id:
    [778.416] MainThread : Error: Unable to open 'lua/NS2Plus/GUIScripts/GUIHoverTooltip.lua' (usage 0x1)
    [Client] Script Error #1: File not found: lua/NS2Plus/GUIScripts/GUIHoverTooltip.lua
        Call stack:
        #1: Load lua/ModLoader.lua:172
            fileName = "lua/NS2Plus/GUIScripts/GUIHoverTooltip.lua"
            reload = nil
        #2: Load lua/ModLoader.lua:177
            fileName = "lua/menu/GUIHoverTooltip.lua"
            reload = nil
            (for generator) = function
            (for state) =  {1="lua/NS2Plus/GUIScripts/GUIHoverTooltip.lua", lua/NS2Plus/GUIScripts/GUIHoverTooltip.lua=1 }
            (for control) = 1
            _ = 1
            hookFile = "lua/NS2Plus/GUIScripts/GUIHoverTooltip.lua"
        #3: SharedCreate lua/GUIManager.lua:100
            scriptName = "GUIHoverTooltip"
            scriptPath = "menu/GUIHoverTooltip"
            result =  {1="menu", 2="GUIHoverTooltip" }
            creationFunction = nil
        #4: CreateGUIScriptSingle lua/GUIManager.lua:152
            self = GUIManager { }
            scriptName = "menu/GUIHoverTooltip"
        #5: Initialize lua/menu/GUIMainMenu.lua:169
            self = GUIMainMenu { }
        #6: SharedCreate lua/GUIManager.lua:114
            creationFunction =  {ActivateCustomizeWindow=function, ActivateGatherWindow=function, AddAnimatingItem=function, AddMainLink=function, AttemptToOpenServerBrowser=function, AttemptToQuickJoin=function, ClearVideoLinks=function, CreateAlertWindow=function, CreateAnimatedGraphicItem=function, CreateAnimatedTextItem=function, CreateAutoJoinWindow=function, CreateCustomizeForm=function, CreateCustomizeLoadingWindow=function, CreateCustomizeWindow=function, CreateFilterForm=function, CreateGatherWindow=function, CreateHostGameWindow=function, CreateLastStandMenu=function, CreateMainLink=function, CreateMainLinks=function, CreateMenuBackground=function, CreateModsWindow=function, CreateOptionWindow=function, CreateOptionsForm=function, CreatePasswordPromptWindow=function, CreatePlayFooter=function, CreateProfile=function, CreateRookieOnlyAlertWindow=function, CreateR
    [778.423] MainThread : Error: lua/ModLoader.lua:172: Couldn't load script 'lua/NS2Plus/GUIScripts/GUIHoverTooltip.lua' (file not found)
    [Client] Script Error #2: lua/ModLoader.lua:172: Couldn't load script 'lua/NS2Plus/GUIScripts/GUIHoverTooltip.lua' (file not found)
        Call stack:
        #1: oldScriptLoad [C]:-1
        #2: Load lua/ModLoader.lua:172
            fileName = "lua/NS2Plus/GUIScripts/GUIHoverTooltip.lua"
            reload = nil
        #3: Load lua/ModLoader.lua:177
            fileName = "lua/menu/GUIHoverTooltip.lua"
            reload = nil
            (for generator) = function
            (for state) =  {1="lua/NS2Plus/GUIScripts/GUIHoverTooltip.lua", lua/NS2Plus/GUIScripts/GUIHoverTooltip.lua=1 }
            (for control) = 1
            _ = 1
            hookFile = "lua/NS2Plus/GUIScripts/GUIHoverTooltip.lua"
        #4: SharedCreate lua/GUIManager.lua:100
            scriptName = "GUIHoverTooltip"
            scriptPath = "menu/GUIHoverTooltip"
            result =  {1="menu", 2="GUIHoverTooltip" }
            creationFunction = nil
        #5: CreateGUIScriptSingle lua/GUIManager.lua:152
            self = GUIManager { }
            scriptName = "menu/GUIHoverTooltip"
        #6: Initialize lua/menu/GUIMainMenu.lua:169
            self = GUIMainMenu { }
        #7: SharedCreate lua/GUIManager.lua:114
            creationFunction =  {ActivateCustomizeWindow=function, ActivateGatherWindow=function, AddAnimatingItem=function, AddMainLink=function, AttemptToOpenServerBrowser=function, AttemptToQuickJoin=function, ClearVideoLinks=function, CreateAlertWindow=function, CreateAnimatedGraphicItem=function, CreateAnimatedTextItem=function, CreateAutoJoinWindow=function, CreateCustomizeForm=function, CreateCustomizeLoadingWindow=function, CreateCustomizeWindow=function, CreateFilterForm=function, CreateGatherWindow=function, CreateHostGameWindow=function, CreateLastStandMenu=function, CreateMainLink=function, CreateMainLinks=function, CreateMenuBackground=function, CreateModsWindow=function, CreateOptionWindow=function, CreateOptionsForm=function, CreatePasswordPromptWindow=function, CreatePlayFooter=fun

edit: I think the second error was fixed by verifying local files which removed the menu workaround I had. I was able to join a server now!
    edit: Works for me. No more allocation issues either. Awesome work!
  • CzTCzT Join Date: 2010-12-04 Member: 75447Members
    Client doesn't start on Fedora 25, even after fmod fix:
    ./ns2_linux: error while loading shared libraries: libsndio.so.6.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
  • OuaibouOuaibou France Join Date: 2014-10-31 Member: 199231Members
    edited October 2017
    @McGlaspie I have the same problem as Czt on my Fedora 26. The library libsndio is not installed and the default package manager (dnf) does not have a package for it:
    sudo dnf search libsndio
    Last metadata expiration check: 1:24:23 ago on Sat 07 Oct 2017 12:39:03 PM CEST.
    No matches found.

This library seems to be the only one that is missing for the client ns2_linux on Fedora:
    $ ldd ns2_linux
    linux-vdso.so.1 (0x00007ffe4a778000)
    libSpark_Physics.so => /home/lpellegr/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Natural Selection 2/x64/./libSpark_Physics.so (0x00007f780b08d000)
    libSpark_Render.so => /home/lpellegr/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Natural Selection 2/x64/./libSpark_Render.so (0x00007f780ad59000)
    libSpark_Sound.so => /home/lpellegr/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Natural Selection 2/x64/./libSpark_Sound.so (0x00007f780ab40000)
    libSpark_Network.so => /home/lpellegr/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Natural Selection 2/x64/./libSpark_Network.so (0x00007f780a8de000)
    libSpark_Cinematic.so => /home/lpellegr/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Natural Selection 2/x64/./libSpark_Cinematic.so (0x00007f780a686000)
    libSpark_Core.so => /home/lpellegr/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Natural Selection 2/x64/./libSpark_Core.so (0x00007f7809f2a000)
    liblua51.so => /home/lpellegr/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Natural Selection 2/x64/./liblua51.so (0x00007f7809c87000)
    libSDL2-2.0.so.0 => /home/lpellegr/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Natural Selection 2/x64/./libSDL2-2.0.so.0 (0x00007f7809941000)
    librt.so.1 => /lib64/librt.so.1 (0x00007f7809739000)
    libsteam_api.so => /home/lpellegr/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Natural Selection 2/x64/./libsteam_api.so (0x00007f7809508000)
    libstdc++.so.6 => /lib64/libstdc++.so.6 (0x00007f780917f000)
    libm.so.6 => /lib64/libm.so.6 (0x00007f7808e69000)
    libgcc_s.so.1 => /lib64/libgcc_s.so.1 (0x00007f7808c52000)
    libc.so.6 => /lib64/libc.so.6 (0x00007f7808881000)
    libPhysX3Cooking.so => /home/lpellegr/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Natural Selection 2/x64/./libPhysX3Cooking.so (0x00007f780863f000)
    libPhysX3.so => /home/lpellegr/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Natural Selection 2/x64/./libPhysX3.so (0x00007f780818e000)
    libPhysX3Common.so => /home/lpellegr/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Natural Selection 2/x64/./libPhysX3Common.so (0x00007f7807e89000)
    libGL.so.1 => /lib64/libGL.so.1 (0x00007f7807bfd000)
    libX11.so.6 => /lib64/libX11.so.6 (0x00007f78078bf000)
    /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 (0x00007f780b331000)
    libfmodex64.so => /home/lpellegr/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Natural Selection 2/x64/./libfmodex64.so (0x00007f780750e000)
    libfmodevent64.so => /home/lpellegr/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Natural Selection 2/x64/./libfmodevent64.so (0x00007f7807283000)
    libfmodeventnet64.so => /home/lpellegr/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Natural Selection 2/x64/./libfmodeventnet64.so (0x00007f7806fec000)
    libcurl.so => /home/lpellegr/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Natural Selection 2/x64/./libcurl.so (0x00007f7806d13000)
    libpthread.so.0 => /lib64/libpthread.so.0 (0x00007f7806af4000)
    libdl.so.2 => /lib64/libdl.so.2 (0x00007f78068f0000)
    libsndio.so.6.1 => not found
    libGLX.so.0 => /lib64/libGLX.so.0 (0x00007f78066be000)
    libXext.so.6 => /lib64/libXext.so.6 (0x00007f78064ac000)
    libGLdispatch.so.0 => /lib64/libGLdispatch.so.0 (0x00007f78061f6000)
    libxcb.so.1 => /lib64/libxcb.so.1 (0x00007f7805fce000)
    libXau.so.6 => /lib64/libXau.so.6 (0x00007f7805dca000)

Any ideas about how to fix this issue is welcome. Is there nothing that can be done on your side (i.e. a new patch that links the library statically)?
  • OuaibouOuaibou France Join Date: 2014-10-31 Member: 199231Members
    As a workaround, I found a solution:

Clone the git repository of libsndio:

Then, compile and install the lib as explained below:

In my case, I had to install development headers for alsa:
    sudo dnf install alsa-lib-devel.x86_64

Once installed, create a link to the library which has been freshly installed:
    ln -s /usr/local/lib/libsndio.so.6.1 $HOME/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Natural Selection 2/x64/libsndio.so.6.1

I have succeeded to start the game, join a server and play this way.
    Thanks, @McGlaspie ! The game is working fine now. I had to reverify the game files and remove the "cache" and "Workshop" directories as it couldn't find some of the NS2+ files. Hope you'll resolve the symlink issue, I know that Steam doesn't handle symlinks well and doesn't allow to remove files automatically. If nothing else works you can just duplicate those files with correct filenames without the version part, I saw this in some other games.

The aliens tutorial also works now. Interestingly, the mouse sensitivity is 1.5 times lower in this build so I had to raise it from 1.00 to 1.50. I had one crash right after appearing at the Ready Room, the log said:
    traps: ns2_linux[8191] general protection ip:7f54cbf99103 sp:7f5406def3d0 error:0 in libSpark_Physics.so[7f54cbf50000+9f000]

I disabled PhysX in the settings and haven't got a single crash after that. Don't know if it's related but anyway you should've got the crash report automatically.
    As for libsndio, on my Debian it's present supposedly because of a lot of other libs and programs depending on it. Particularly, mpv, mplayer, libavdevice57 (and ffmpeg transitively). It's a bit hard to find the license info but this site mentions ISC license which is in essence the MIT license. It means you can redistribute it if you mention the software in your license.
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    rkfg wrote: »
    As for libsndio, on my Debian it's present supposedly because of a lot of other libs and programs depending on it. Particularly, mpv, mplayer, libavdevice57 (and ffmpeg transitively). It's a bit hard to find the license info but this site mentions ISC license which is in essence the MIT license. It means you can redistribute it if you mention the software in your license.

I'm a little confused in that regard. Doesn't speex, which Spark (NS2) depends on for Audio/VOIP, depend on libsndio. So how do ppl get speex without libsndio?
  • InfInf Join Date: 2007-01-15 Member: 59635Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited October 2017
    Doesn't work on Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS, because you know, why would it work on mainstream Linux

tl;dr if your game doesnt even start for you:

sudo apt-get install libsdl2-dev libsdl2-2.0-0 libsndio-dev libsndio6.1
    cd ~/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Natural\ Selection\ 2/x64
    ln -fs libfmodeventnet64-4.44.58.so libfmodeventnet64.so
    ln -fs libfmodevent64-4.44.58.so libfmodevent64.so
    ln -fs libfmodex64-4.44.58.so libfmodex64.so
    try starting the game with:
    ~/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Natural\ Selection\ 2/x64/ns2_linux
    if that fails post here or install missing stuff