Can not build a thermometer since 541xx

MadeMyDayMadeMyDay Join Date: 2016-09-12 Member: 222267Members
After the update from 53604 to 541xx (~1GB) i seen it first. My latest Version is 54618 and it is the same Problem.

The BP is in the PDA and needs a Computerchip.

When i open the fabricator the thermometer should be near the compass, but it isnt and so i can not build it.

Comments

• ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    This is by design. Thermometer has been depreciated and moved to vehicles.
  • TarkannenTarkannen North Carolina Join Date: 2016-08-15 Member: 221304Members
    What's interesting is that even if you use the console command to cheat them into your inventory, they never appear there despite having the 'thwip' animation. I'm perfectly fine with this decision but it makes me wonder then, why can we still build the Compass? Both items were necessary to the older builds but have sense been made permanent in vehicles. If the Thermometer is being phased out, then I feel so should the Compass; removing one but keeping the other is an odd choice.

But then that also begs a question I had before when this change was first talked about. Signal Pings used to be actual items, but were relegated to the PDA's new Ping Manager (super awesome change by the way!!). That left only two Upgrades for the paperdoll's two Upgrade slots: the Compass and the Thermometer. If the Thermometer is being phased out, and then if the Compass follows it (which I feel it should)... what then are the Upgrade slots to even be used for? It feels silly there's just one single Upgrade possible for it (and no, the Scanner Room HUD upgrade *shouldn't* count; its icon and model are the upgrade module 'canisters' designed for the actual SR).

I realize it's more work required and I'm not asking for something by 1.0, but I would strongly request that for future content/DLC we be given more Upgrade modules to choose from. I'm up for any cool or fun ideas, but I just feel the current Upgrade module choices are pretty paltry (basically just two total). :open_mouth:
  • Hulkie2345Hulkie2345 New York Join Date: 2017-08-23 Member: 232598Members
    edited October 2017
    I don't like that the thermometer is being phased out. It should be built into the HUD, by default. Its benefit is for the thermal vents and finding the hottest area. As an item, remove it. But it should be in the HUD. Why would you want the compass removed from the character? That's even more stupid to do, than the thermometer.
  • garathgarath Texas Join Date: 2017-02-08 Member: 227730Members
    Hulkie2345 wrote: »
    I don't like that the thermometer is being phased out. It should be built into the HUD, by default. Its benefit is for the thermal vents and finding the hottest area. As an item, remove it. But it should be in the HUD. Why would you want the compass removed from the character? That's even more stupid to do, than the thermometer.

They added a temperature display to the Thermal Plants. So, that's at least quite helpful.
  • MadeMyDayMadeMyDay Join Date: 2016-09-12 Member: 222267Members
    garath wrote: »
    They added a temperature display to the Thermal Plants. So, that's at least quite helpful.

You see the temperature display after you buildet the Thermal Plants. So i can not figure out whats helpful by set the Thermal Plants.
  • Hulkie2345Hulkie2345 New York Join Date: 2017-08-23 Member: 232598Members
    garath wrote: »
    Hulkie2345 wrote: »

After you build them. So I have to remove them and place them again. Instead of it being on my HUD.
  • PJMaybePJMaybe United Kingdom Join Date: 2017-10-14 Member: 233545Members
    edited October 2017
    The thermometer blueprint is still in the list of blueprints. Better remove that too.