Subnautica Price Increasing on Steam - Subnautica

2»

Comments

• Gamechanger3849Gamechanger3849 Flying an ARC-170 above Planet 4546B Join Date: 2017-06-17 Member: 231153Members
    Wow the price increase where I live goes up to $30 thats a great price I will pay $100 for Subnautica
  • ylfylf Join Date: 2017-10-01 Member: 233345Members
    cooperative for 2 people or for 4 people do and everyone will be happy)))
  • garathgarath Texas Join Date: 2017-02-08 Member: 227730Members
    ylf wrote: »

This is a single player game only.
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    ylf wrote: »

xo4xi6emaagu.jpg

dhz39l56h0fh.gif

• Victor32Victor32 Join Date: 2016-04-01 Member: 215181Members
    Totally planning to get the game for at least 4 of my friends once it's out of EA, and I totally do not mind the price increase.
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    Victor32 wrote: »
    Totally planning to get the game for at least 4 of my friends once it's out of EA, and I totally do not mind the price increase.
    Unknown worlds is planning to have a sale at release, so it may not cost as much to get your friends their copies. This was why they had to increase price ahead of release; EU law says it's not really a sale if it is the same price as always.
  • baronvonsatanbaronvonsatan TX, USA Join Date: 2016-12-01 Member: 224415Members
    Jacke wrote: »
    And there's more eldritch horrors than those two in City of Heroes. Like the whole zone of Dark Astoria and what lurks there. :)

*Lurked. RIP COH (my avatar is a partial grab of one of my heroes)

• ChimpXChimpX Join Date: 2015-07-25 Member: 206391Members
    Does anyone have thoughts as to why the Steam store page for this SUBlime game lists a release date of 16 January 2018, rather than 31 October 2017?
    I also also agree that Subnautica is a steal at $25 USD/ $30 CAD. Unknown Worlds has my undying devotion now and forever.If any of you devs ever need a kidney or anything call me.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    ChimpX wrote: »
    Does anyone have thoughts as to why the Steam store page for this SUBlime game lists a release date of 16 January 2018, rather than 31 October 2017?
    I also also agree that Subnautica is a steal at $25 USD/ $30 CAD. Unknown Worlds has my undying devotion now and forever.If any of you devs ever need a kidney or anything call me.

Mostly this:

https://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/152956/v1-0-now-planned-to-launch-in-january-2018/
  • ChimpXChimpX Join Date: 2015-07-25 Member: 206391Members
    I see. So my crushing disappointment was warranted.
    I've been avoiding the forums for fear of plot spoilers, and so hadn't seen that change.
    Thanks.
  • Merlin469Merlin469 U.S. Join Date: 2017-01-26 Member: 227274Members
    Game is worth $25 full price all day long, and has been for quite some time. Catch it on sale and it's a gift. You've done an incredible job with an active and immersive game, especially compared to so many other titles out there at the same or higher price!
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited October 2017
    ChimpX wrote: »
    I see. So my crushing disappointment was warranted.
    I've been avoiding the forums for fear of plot spoilers, and so hadn't seen that change.
    Thanks.

TBH, I don't quite fully understand the disappointment though. You already own the game and as I mentioned in the other thread, the v1.0 rollover doesn't really change much for us, who already own the game. The game is after all, in feature lockdown, where they focus entirely on bugfixing, performance and perhaps some story stuff. So in essence, the game in it's current state where content is concerned, is what it will be when v1.0 drives by, just with more polish. It is in fact more of a public announcement to people who don't yet own the game. And as such, they'd better put their best foot forward to appease to these new customers.

What better way to do that than having a bit more breathing room for more polish? Especially after the official release, they can't really use the "pre-release/beta" status anymore in the public's eye as an excuse for gamebreaking issues
  • chris88chris88 United Kingdom Join Date: 2017-07-30 Member: 232136Members
    Do you know when it's gona be fully released on Xbox one yet. Or is there still improving to be made
    edited October 2017
    chris88 wrote: »
    Do you know when it's gona be fully released on Xbox one yet. Or is there still improving to be made

When they still had the "Halloween" releasedate, Xbone was scheduled around early 2018 (Jan/Feb). So my guess is, this releasedate will shift accordingly... Or wait for them devs to answer :D