GAME WON'T SAVE MY PROGRESS (3 in 1 update)

Comments

• elfcrisiselfcrisis Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230466Members
    rpnp wrote: »
    Maybe the devs don't need an Xbox with the problem: perhaps all they need is access to the Xbox account of someone who has the problem. This will allow the devs to download and analyze the saved games of that person. It might even be the case that the bug is tied to some setting in the user profile.

It's possible, yeah. I don't remember if anyone said they logged into a different Xbox with their account to see if the same bug showed up. I think people with different accounts have had the problem on the same unit, though.

I suppose that's an experiment someone could run, if they have access to an Xbox that's known to not have the bug, or vice versa:
    - Verify that the owner of the other console does not encounter the save bug
    - Person experiencing the save bug logs in with their account and tests
    - If the save bug happens, it might be tied to their account
    - If it doesn't, then it's probably tied to the individual console

In which case, we're back with the question of determining the differences between consoles that work and consoles that don't.
  • rpnprpnp Join Date: 2017-07-29 Member: 232125Members
    elfcrisis wrote: »
    rpnp wrote: »
    Maybe the devs don't need an Xbox with the problem: perhaps all they need is access to the Xbox account of someone who has the problem. This will allow the devs to download and analyze the saved games of that person. It might even be the case that the bug is tied to some setting in the user profile.

It's possible, yeah. I don't remember if anyone said they logged into a different Xbox with their account to see if the same bug showed up. I think people with different accounts have had the problem on the same unit, though.

@elfcrisis, see the following comment:
    I’ve been having this issue on my Xbox as well, but my brother on the other hand does not have this problem.

It would be great to know if @PrestonCreedG is referring to multiple players on the same Xbox or not.
  • MadMichBEMadMichBE Belgium Join Date: 2017-09-07 Member: 232852Members
    WhItEDeD wrote: »
    somebody tried to reset the xbox with saving the installed games, and completely 0 ???

Yep, did already twice. Game stops saving at a certain time. Bummer
  • VeateckVeateck Cz Join Date: 2017-09-09 Member: 232908Members
    @rpnp I'll be able to test it tomorrow. We have four accounts, two of them having the saving issue and two of them not having subnautica started at all.
  • simsalabimmsimsalabimm germany Join Date: 2017-09-17 Member: 233112Members
    edited September 2017
    same problem for me, reinstalled the game 3 times. also tried this cache tricks, no chance. xb1 bought winter 2015. if my memorys serves me right, there was another save progress symbol upper right corner after update, but it disappeared after reinstalling.

i really can't belive it. was waiting every day for this new update, played 4-5 hours and realized after the game didn't save currently . :/ now it makes no sense to investigate this cool world...hoy shit !
  • fizzylizzyfizzylizzy Sweden Join Date: 2017-09-11 Member: 232963Members
    @HeartOfTheKING
    No you are awesome! U totally get it XD.
  • HeartOfTheKINGHeartOfTheKING XBOX ONE Join Date: 2016-05-30 Member: 217758Members
    fizzylizzy wrote: »
    @HeartOfTheKING
    No you are awesome! U totally get it XD.

Thank you and thank you for reading!
  • UenastUenast Join Date: 2017-09-15 Member: 233048Members

Uenast wrote: »
    I just bought the game in the update day... FPS are horrible, game wont save...
    Worst money spent in this year. I'm a god damn winner.

It's in early access for a reason, kid.

Calling ppl kids is very mature. Early access means bugs, glitches etc. When the game is not playable it's NO access, not early. I understand you are funboy. I like the game also (pc version) but there are situations when me must take off our rose tinted glasses.

To begin, sorry to hear that this was your first experience of this awesome game, I hope you return to it once they've worked out the kinks. I disagree though, the games not unplayable! It is unsaveable for some, but either way you can still play and test aspects of the game. Also, to be clear, "early access games may or may not be fully functional". I think a more fair assessment of the state of the game would be "not fully functional" rather than "not playable" or "NO access"! As for FPS, I think people are seriously underestimating the scope and magnitude of what they are doing with this game. To start, soooo many textures, not to mention the mechanics that go into any movement in the water and how different they must be from programming other games. Basically way less ( I guess you could call them coding templates ) to start out with, and way less mistakes already made or lessons already learned by others. So they gotta make their own mistakes and learn thier own lessons. Last but not least, we create and build lots of things in the game. We can build anywhere and in whatever manner we please (within the bounds of what's actually in the game of course). I imagine this means coding needs to be more flexible. Taking just these things into account (won't get into creatures and plants) it's no surprise that one of the bigger challenges of Subnautica's early access venture is FPS performance! It is improving and I'm completely confident in the team at Unknown Worlds and their ability to get this game running at a stable performance level, with a much more seamless experience! Also they've squashed a save bug before, they'll do it again, probably soon.

Maybe you'll call me a fanboy (which I am a huge fan of this game so I do understand the frustration, more than you might think) but I write this not only as a fan of the game, I'm also a huge fan of early access/game preview. I might be wrong but I feel if we start tearing down any game that has a rough ride through early access (even when the devs did or are doing everything they can for us) then we'll create the same issue that they're trying to get away from with early access gaming. That issue being developers that don't want to take the big risks on new groundbreaking ideas for games. Without which we wouldn't even get the chance at a game like Subnautica on console. When I finally bought an Xbox one (few years after their release) first two games I bought we're Subnautica and The Long Dark, neither experience has been perfect but if I had to choose again it'd still be those two (glitches and all). The experiences have taught me alot about gaming I never knew and even have me reconsidering getting into game development, years after I gave up on that desire! If that's all I ever get for my money it's worth it and more! Just a suggestion, before buying your next game preview, maybe do a little more research and wait just a little bit after a new update to check for major issues ( like save bugs ). I'm not saying you didn't it's just that FPS is a well known issue with the game, and the save bug was reported fairly quickly post update.

If someone actually reads this whole thing, thank you for listening to my long winded opinion and you're awesome! B)

Hi,
    I bought this game on PC Long long time ago, where there was not much things to do in it and fell in love in Subnautica. This is not my first experience of the game. I just bought it on my xbox so i can relax on my couch playing on a big screen with great surround sound. But xbox version is just unplayable for me because of FPS rate. And ppl said that 3in1 update made the game run more smooth. I was like WTF, i don't even want to know how bad was before the update. Game runs around 15-20 fps. It should be never release in this state even in ealry access. It's not about unfinished, bugy product but it is just not working properly on xbox from the technical perpective. We are here to provide feedback but it's not possible to do that with such low fps rate. It's not a bug or glitch. Devs knew about this before xbox launch and they just ignored it. It's like when You have to tell how good is a Car performing on a race track but the car i hardly menage to ride with 30 km/s. I support the devs by buying this game two times. But it's just unfair for the xbox players.
    Not saving progress is a bug i can understand if it can be repaired quite fast. It's something that required our feedback.
    I hope everything will be better in future updates.
    Take care
  • ANZAC69ANZAC69 New Zealand Join Date: 2016-08-28 Member: 221808Members
    game doesnt save beyond the first time you save. i'v tried deleting and clearing cache\resetting xbox but still wont save beyond the first save point. also building above surface the water clips through objects like buildings, plateforms and cyclops. also if i play for long periods most times the game will crash!! never did before the latest patch? otherwise love the game and cant wait till full release keep being awesome devs you rock
  • obsidian_eclipseobsidian_eclipse uk Join Date: 2017-05-04 Member: 230239Members
    It is necessary to provide feedback to the devs, even if it sounds like moaning at times. I certainly appreciate the effort they have put into the game and have had many hours enjoyment from it. This particular bug makes it really hard to test the game mechanics though, because when your spawning in everything for you are limited somewhat in regards to continuity.
  • DDPeace3110DDPeace3110 Join Date: 2017-09-12 Member: 232973Members

Calling ppl kids is very mature. Early access means bugs, glitches etc. When the game is not playable it's NO access, not early. I understand you are funboy. I like the game also (pc version) but there are situations when me must take off our rose tinted glasses.

To begin, sorry to hear that this was your first experience of this awesome game, I hope you return to it once they've worked out the kinks. I disagree though, the games not unplayable! It is unsaveable for some, but either way you can still play and test aspects of the game. Also, to be clear, "early access games may or may not be fully functional". I think a more fair assessment of the state of the game would be "not fully functional" rather than "not playable" or "NO access"! As for FPS, I think people are seriously underestimating the scope and magnitude of what they are doing with this game. To start, soooo many textures, not to mention the mechanics that go into any movement in the water and how different they must be from programming other games. Basically way less ( I guess you could call them coding templates ) to start out with, and way less mistakes already made or lessons already learned by others. So they gotta make their own mistakes and learn thier own lessons. Last but not least, we create and build lots of things in the game. We can build anywhere and in whatever manner we please (within the bounds of what's actually in the game of course). I imagine this means coding needs to be more flexible. Taking just these things into account (won't get into creatures and plants) it's no surprise that one of the bigger challenges of Subnautica's early access venture is FPS performance! It is improving and I'm completely confident in the team at Unknown Worlds and their ability to get this game running at a stable performance level, with a much more seamless experience! Also they've squashed a save bug before, they'll do it again, probably soon.

Maybe you'll call me a fanboy (which I am a huge fan of this game so I do understand the frustration, more than you might think) but I write this not only as a fan of the game, I'm also a huge fan of early access/game preview. I might be wrong but I feel if we start tearing down any game that has a rough ride through early access (even when the devs did or are doing everything they can for us) then we'll create the same issue that they're trying to get away from with early access gaming. That issue being developers that don't want to take the big risks on new groundbreaking ideas for games. Without which we wouldn't even get the chance at a game like Subnautica on console. When I finally bought an Xbox one (few years after their release) first two games I bought we're Subnautica and The Long Dark, neither experience has been perfect but if I had to choose again it'd still be those two (glitches and all). The experiences have taught me alot about gaming I never knew and even have me reconsidering getting into game development, years after I gave up on that desire! If that's all I ever get for my money it's worth it and more! Just a suggestion, before buying your next game preview, maybe do a little more research and wait just a little bit after a new update to check for major issues ( like save bugs ). I'm not saying you didn't it's just that FPS is a well known issue with the game, and the save bug was reported fairly quickly post update.

If someone actually reads this whole thing, thank you for listening to my long winded opinion and you're awesome! B)

Hi,
    I bought this game on PC Long long time ago, where there was not much things to do in it and fell in love in Subnautica. This is not my first experience of the game. I just bought it on my xbox so i can relax on my couch playing on a big screen with great surround sound. But xbox version is just unplayable for me because of FPS rate. And ppl said that 3in1 update made the game run more smooth. I was like WTF, i don't even want to know how bad was before the update. Game runs around 15-20 fps. It should be never release in this state even in ealry access. It's not about unfinished, bugy product but it is just not working properly on xbox from the technical perpective. We are here to provide feedback but it's not possible to do that with such low fps rate. It's not a bug or glitch. Devs knew about this before xbox launch and they just ignored it. It's like when You have to tell how good is a Car performing on a race track but the car i hardly menage to ride with 30 km/s. I support the devs by buying this game two times. But it's just unfair for the xbox players.
    Not saving progress is a bug i can understand if it can be repaired quite fast. It's something that required our feedback.
    Take care

Hi,
    Take care

Hi,
    Take care

The game isn't even finished on PC, and it isn't "out" it's in pre-release meaning ITS GOING TO BE BAD UNTIL 1.0! DEAL WITH IT, yes the game is amazing but it's in a pre release state learn to have patience fml
  • OathswornOathsworn Nuneaton Join Date: 2016-12-21 Member: 225271Members
    Hi Folks
    Tried to play on my nephew's console XBox One 500GB, and on my own Halo 5, 1TB, edition; on both machines, the first save is the only one that works. And the same applies for my nephew. I've also deleted the save from everywhere and tried again, with the same result. I've also deleted the game, cleared the cache, rebooted, installed the game, and new game, and again same result the first save is the only one that counts.
    Plays beautifully, with only the occasional frame drop, love the new gui, and all the other touches I've seen so far.
  • nix3ternix3ter forfar Join Date: 2017-09-21 Member: 233172Members
    my game crashed and took 6-7 attempts to reload game,it doesnt seem to keep saved data too but theres no error messeges that appear.awsome game though.
  • skitzoskitzo Join Date: 2013-01-25 Member: 181914Members
    Crashed my game syncing.... No longer will go to the cloud. Offline seems to save fine. Hope they find a fix for it soon.......
  • este_00este_00 Join Date: 2017-03-01 Member: 228436Members
    edited September 2017
    Obraxis wrote: »
    So, we're going to try and get the Cutefish outdate out on Xbox soon. We'll hopefully be including some game-code which will display warnings when Save/Load issues happen that will help us figure out what exactly is going on. When it's out, we'll need screenshots from people of the errors that display on your screens.

This seems ALL TOO FAMILIAR to the last save issues. How explicit logs weren't included after the last bug (1024 overflow?) I have no effing idea. It's almost like no lessons were learned.

Please be explicit in error reporting.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    este_00 wrote: »
    Obraxis wrote: »
    So, we're going to try and get the Cutefish outdate out on Xbox soon. We'll hopefully be including some game-code which will display warnings when Save/Load issues happen that will help us figure out what exactly is going on. When it's out, we'll need screenshots from people of the errors that display on your screens.

This seems ALL TOO FAMILIAR to the last save issues. How explicit logs weren't included after the last bug (1024 overflow?) I have no effing idea. It's almost like no lessons were learned.

Please be explicit in error reporting.

The last bug was a save load issue. This is a save record to disk issue.
  • SatanspawnSatanspawn Join Date: 2017-03-08 Member: 228719Members
    I need ppl to agree with this plz..GAME ENDING....glitches/errors/save/load issues should not be released in updates....its infuriating to look forward to a update (so long)....only to have it EPIC FAIL....true this is preview....but they had a (workable game). I believe that preview should be workable at least... without complete game failure. This is a very reasonable opinion.
    edited September 2017
    P.S I still love subnautica...ill have this game till death....it makes me!!! cry alot when its broke...serious
  • VeateckVeateck Cz Join Date: 2017-09-09 Member: 232908Members
    Is there any update of this?
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    I'm assuming it's in M$ verification purgatory.
  • WeylandYutani1989WeylandYutani1989 Join Date: 2017-03-14 Member: 228931Members
  • tomharris92tomharris92 Join Date: 2017-03-08 Member: 228730Members
    I have had this problem and have noticed that the first save I make, no matter how long I've been playing is fine but cannot save over the original save, every time I start again I save at some point and no matter how many times I save after, the first save is the only one in the menu.
  • HeartOfTheKINGHeartOfTheKING XBOX ONE Join Date: 2016-05-30 Member: 217758Members
    ANY UPDATES ???

It's in Microsoft Cert, it'll hopefully pass soon, then they have to in house test it and if all goes well they'll release it!
  • DrasusDrasus Join Date: 2017-05-16 Member: 230546Members
    re-pause the game while saving.
    I've been testing leaving the game paused for about 3mins before trying to save.. still takes 10-15min.
    I found doing this after a couple of saves, it usually reverts back to doing 10-20sec saves (until turned off/reload/traveling to LR).
    also don't let the controller d/c navigate the menu every so often..

[devs] @IronHorse --> sending video link to you in a pm
    looks like chunks are desync'd and the game might be looping though and getting different data from the current chunk <=>next nearest chunk data pool & save at the same time.
    built my base again near the usual 0, 0, 0 quads.

The creepvine area near my base was cleared of metal salvage, and i needed stalker teeth.
    Went to another area collected 4/5 pieces of salvage, dropped it in the creepvine pit near my base. I checked back later about 4-6(game) days and the area was littered with tons of metal salvage.

Took a video, shows tons of stalker teeth and metal salvage everywhere zoning in and out (depending on distance and what chunk i was in).
    I should have swam into the creepvine pit in the video instead of concentrating on the one spot because a lot more fell/popped in when i got closer

In total i collected metal salvage x39, stalker tooth x80. (should have collected x2 x3 that with the amount of pop ins)

In the end, it looks like metal salvage entities are still linked in other "near chunks" but in different locations, cause i started collecting all the salvage in the filled up creepvine pit & area. When i went up to the area in the video there was only 3-4 pieces to collect.

The stalker teeth didn't seem to do the same, there were just a lot.

console:Xb1s
    ver: 52814
    new game
    no cheats

Most likely repeatable/causing saving lag.
  • mercianmercian Join Date: 2017-09-10 Member: 232938Members
    Same old issue, one problem fixed and another created. getting a bit fed up waiting to play this game as I have been unable to play properly since owning it. Seems a lot promises and talking but lacking in the doing by the devs. I know this is a preview but being able to save your progress is sort of the basics of a game..shame it had such promise
    Hey devs.....I was thinking u could get help from the ark survival devs....they boss......just a thought
  • ManstoosickManstoosick Join Date: 2017-09-30 Member: 233319Members
    Yeah this bug is actually a nuisance, built an entire sea base to start housing all my stuff, saved it, came back on later and bam... all gone. Anyone know when the fix is coming?
  • WeylandYutani1989WeylandYutani1989 Join Date: 2017-03-14 Member: 228931Members
    edited September 2017
    Yeah this bug is actually a nuisance, built an entire sea base to start housing all my stuff, saved it, came back on later and bam... all gone. Anyone know when the fix is coming?

Apparently it has been sent to Microsoft and we are waiting for them to certify it and then we will be have to update when it's ready , so keep checking your updates , I've been checking constantly lol
    ANY UPDATES ???

It's in Microsoft Cert, it'll hopefully pass soon, then they have to in house test it and if all goes well they'll release it!

Hi are you one of the devs ?(if not then this is for the devs)

Can you keep us updated even if it fails the cert , obvs I'm not alone in saying this but this is killing me just waiting and not knowing

I went off subnautica for ages and started again couple of months back and the addiction returned , so I'm mortified I can't feed my habit , PLEASE WE'RE DYING OUT HERE !!!!!!