Cyclops 5.0

MuovipulloMuovipullo Join Date: 2017-03-24 Member: 229158Members
Depth meter also for the camera view, not just for the pilot HUD + Camera upgrade modules.

Other ideas?

Comments

• Quiet_BlowfishQuiet_Blowfish Join Date: 2017-09-11 Member: 232955Members
    @Muovipullo

What kind of camera upgrade modules did you have in mind?
  • JoE_SmashJoE_Smash Join Date: 2017-09-06 Member: 232825Members
    It needs a perimeter defense system like the Seamoth to get all the larva off it, and predators away from it. It is very big, attracts a lot of attention, and it's hard to defend....
    JoE_Smash wrote: »
    It needs a perimeter defense system like the Seamoth to get all the larva off it, ....

You just need to release your pet Precursor crab and it cleans them right off
    Or is that just a rumour I started....
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    @Quiet_Blowfish find a way to make @nesrak1 interested enough and I bet he could mod that in in a few weeks, tops. xD
    Or is that just a rumour I started....
    0x6A7232 wrote: »
    @Quiet_Blowfish find a way to make @nesrak1 interested enough and I bet he could mod that in in a few weeks, tops. xD
    Robo-crab? Yeah, my dream

• nesrak1nesrak1 Places Join Date: 2016-12-04 Member: 224536Members
    It needs a perimeter defense system like the Seamoth to get all the larva off it, ....

not a bad idea
  • jeodjeod Stuck in Aperture Join Date: 2017-04-12 Member: 229591Members
    nesrak1 wrote: »

not a bad idea

XD
  • MuovipulloMuovipullo Join Date: 2017-03-24 Member: 229158Members
    Maalteromm wrote: »
    @Muovipullo

What kind of camera upgrade modules did you have in mind?

- Nightvision modules,
    - Movement detection modules (could highlight/outline moving targets)
    - Wide-angle lenses, such as fisheye, that would provide much wider fields of view, despite deforming the image (don't know how it would impact performance though, maybe a mod?)
    - Picture-in-picture (PiP) view, watching feed from other cameras in small screens on the edge of the current one

and so on...

Just like that.
    Maybe Zoom module to camera, so you can see further or smaller objects better :)
  • Hulkie2345Hulkie2345 New York Join Date: 2017-08-23 Member: 232598Members
    edited September 2017
    - Picture-in-picture (PiP) view, watching feed from other cameras in small screens on the edge of the current one

and so on...

PiP would be a massive resource hog. That's something they can't do real time. If the camera takes snap shots of the area every like 30 seconds. That's more doable.
  • Mr_EndarMr_Endar Join Date: 2016-03-05 Member: 213859Members
    I'd suggest making her much faster.
    Also add side-mounted motors for better gimbaling / faster turns as an upgrade.
    That's basically second render pass for one camera. Super expensive.
    Dynamic shadows normally doesn't exist for the same reason.
    Wide-angle lenses, such as fisheye
    I remember I've installed mod on Morrowind that did exactly that. After a few minutes I've almost puked. Probably that was some weird reaction of my brain? I don't know how common such effect is...
  • MaalterommMaalteromm Brasil Join Date: 2017-09-22 Member: 233183Members
    @Hulkie2345
    @Mr_Endar

Well, I believe vehicle mirrors in Arma 3 are actually PiP.
    I'm no expert, but maybe a 200x100 PX window with 10-15 fps is feasible.
    Hulkie2345 wrote: »

and so on...

PiP would be a massive resource hog. That's something they can't do real time. If the camera takes snap shots of the area every like 30 seconds. That's more doable.

PIP? Descent ][ (1996) and Hover (1995), included on Windows '95 CDs - both had PIP (rearview cameras) -- it shouldn't be too much of a hog if done properly, I'd think. Bonus: MS re-released Hover as a single + multi-player browser game in 2013: http://hover.ie/
  • adel_50adel_50 Join Date: 2016-09-01 Member: 221973Members

the shield already gets rid of every lava larva on your cyclops why would you need a defence system while you already have one
    That @adel_50 , I didn't know that.

I still feel a deep yearning for my robo-crab though.

Give him a scrap metal and he'll be your electronic cuddle fish
    @adel_50 Don't get me wrong, I've really enjoyed having a Cuddlefish
    zhps7sdbol6f.jpg[

Directions
    Preparation:15min › Cook:5min › Ready in:20min
    1.Preheat oil in a deep fryer or saucepan. Oil should be heated to 180 degrees C.
    2.In a medium sized mixing bowl mix together flour, salt, oregano and black pepper. Dust squid through flour and spice mixture.
    3.Place squid in oil for 2 to 3 minutes or until light brown. Beware of overcooking squid or it will become tough.
    4.Dry squid on paper towels. Serve with wedges of lemon.

/spoiler]
  • TarkannenTarkannen North Carolina Join Date: 2016-08-15 Member: 221304Members

I feel they should let us build the Precursor robots from the ATP, and let them scuttle around the outside of the Cyclops. They would be my Lava Larva Destroyer Squad! :innocent:
    They also like to crawl over the dome of your Seamoth/Prawn while you're exploring. Cute, but they make a kinda creepy scrabbling sound - a bit like nails on a chalkboard.
    edited September 2017
    @adel_50 Don't get me wrong, I've really enjoyed having a Cuddlefish
    zhps7sdbol6f.jpg[

Directions
    Preparation:15min › Cook:5min › Ready in:20min
    1.Preheat oil in a deep fryer or saucepan. Oil should be heated to 180 degrees C.
    2.In a medium sized mixing bowl mix together flour, salt, oregano and black pepper. Dust squid through flour and spice mixture.
    3.Place squid in oil for 2 to 3 minutes or until light brown. Beware of overcooking squid or it will become tough.
    4.Dry squid on paper towels. Serve with wedges of lemon.

/spoiler]

Oh god please no no no!!!!!!!!

Who are you? I don't know this world anymore
  • ThorusGERThorusGER Germany Join Date: 2017-09-27 Member: 233267Members
    Top of my head, an active decoy tube that can launch a decoy away from the ship to lure aggressive fauna away from a spot. Should be separate from the passive one and cost energy and have a small capacity only to balance it.

A winch to reel in the Prawn, since parking the cyclops to fly inside is annoying, or at least a larger grab radius for the dock.

A permanent sonar map, instead of the fade in-fade out map right now.
  • KostriktorKostriktor Switzerland Join Date: 2017-01-08 Member: 226342Members
    edited September 2017
    get rid of the shitty steering wheel already and give us a proper steering option already !
    great field of view for first person driving
    more realistic feeling of immersion
    [ first person - immersion ]
  • KrelkKrelk Wisconsi Join Date: 2017-09-27 Member: 233269Members
    I would like to see an upgrade feature like the sensor room incorporated into the Cyclops which uses two drones which attatch like they do to the sensor room on the outside of the sub and when deployed they move around the Cyclops. They could give an extra effect of enhanced terrain mapping when using the hud microchip on your suit. Like the enhanced sensor ping effect of the cyclops when you use it except it stays on for as long as the drones are with in a certain close proximity to the ship and or you. They could also be given commands of follow and lighting up your surrounding area as long as you stayed somewhat within range of the cyclops..... Also a return to base command in general woyld be nice for those drones.
    PIP? Descent ][ (1996) and Hover (1995), included on Windows '95 CDs - both had PIP (rearview cameras) -- it shouldn't be too much of a hog if done properly, I'd think. Bonus: MS re-released Hover as a single + multi-player browser game in 2013: http://hover.ie/
    Old games doesn't have much in common with modern ones.

But in principle of course it is possible to do 2 or even more render passes - for the cost of halving you FPS. So if you make a game from the start with rear view rendering you would optimize everything for such workload to have suitable performance (e.g. less graphic effects, shorter culling distance, and so on)
    Well @Mr_Endar ...
    Arma 3 is relatively new and it uses PiP in vehicle rear mirrors.
    Well @Mr_Endar ...
    Arma 3 is relatively new and it uses PiP in vehicle rear mirrors.

As I said, IF the game is filled with content thinking about more than 1 render pass from the start of development, there would be no problem
  • creepjaxcreepjax michigan Join Date: 2017-10-04 Member: 233388Members
    how do you post a discussion
    creepjax wrote: »

Go to the thread you want at https://forums.unknownworlds.com/categories/subnautica - choose Ideas and Suggestions, or Bug Reports, or General, or Xbox1 -- once you're in that thread, click "New Discussion" - it's a blue button at the top-left of the list of threads. There's also a drop-down beside it if you want to create a poll.
    edited October 2017
    creepjax wrote: »
    Also you have to wait a day, after making a comment, before you can create discussions.
    Later today you should be good to go