Scanner Room

KrayZSamuraiKrayZSamurai Canada Join Date: 2017-02-16 Member: 227975Members
edited September 2017 in Subnautica on Consoles
Okay, I finally got my scanner room and I love it cuz it helps me find supplies. However, it's a very tiny list and I can't seem to find any other useful things.

Like, it's got, Cave Sulpher, Creature Eggs, Fragments, Laser Cutter Fragments (and I already have my Laser Cutter), Copper, Quartz, Salt, Metal Salvage, Limestone thingies (I can't remember if they're called outcrops or not), and I'm pretty sure I'm forgetting something else.

But either way, the list isn't changing and I can't scroll through it either. I've also moved my scanner room a fair bit and I can't find anything new. Is this a common thing or do I have to move the scanner room a bit more?

EDIT: I have sort of fixed this problem - all I had (without intention of getting this fixed first) saved and exited the game, then I went and played another game for a bit (I don't think you need to play another game for this tho) and when I came back and loaded my save, the list was fixed!

Comments

• obsidian_eclipseobsidian_eclipse uk Join Date: 2017-05-04 Member: 230239Members
    edited September 2017
    The list does update when you move the scanner room or exhaust the resources and end the scan. It does seem to work on a 'nearest' basis so if the list is full you cant see other entities. I've always thought it was supposed to work this way so its not too easy, especially since the scanner room has a much larger scan range than it did a while ago.

I too pickup and set down my scanner room in different biome whilst fragment hunting etc, otherwise you can be searching forever.

Best bet it setting it down near wrecks.
  • Wize5Wize5 North Carolina Join Date: 2017-09-16 Member: 233075Members
    edited September 2017
    Honestly I want some way to scroll through the list of what the scanner finds and drone range upgrade to go with the scanner range.

(BTW this my first post but I've been playing for a week and I feel its bad manners not to occasionally visit and look around the developers site/forum to see what is going on)
  • elfcrisiselfcrisis Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230466Members
    This has always been an issue with the scanner room. The list of things it can search for changes from time to time, even when you don't move it. I have no idea what conditions make it do that, or even if that is how it's intended to work, but I stopped using the silly thing because of it.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    elfcrisis wrote: »
    This has always been an issue with the scanner room. The list of things it can search for changes from time to time, even when you don't move it. I have no idea what conditions make it do that, or even if that is how it's intended to work, but I stopped using the silly thing because of it.
    elfcrisis wrote: »

Something about starting the list with the last item scanned or something? I can't remember.