The Epic Trello Thread

Comments

• baronvonsatanbaronvonsatan TX, USA Join Date: 2016-12-01 Member: 224415Members
    Coranth wrote: »
    I hope this doesn't make the lights unusable like those on the Cyclops...

I can confirm that it does not. Mostly what this does is make it easier to pinpoint where the Seamoth is after you've exited it and done some swimming around in a wreck.
  • garathgarath Texas Join Date: 2017-02-08 Member: 227730Members
    edited September 2017
    New look for titanium and glass.

52968 /main/Slava - Merging Time Capsule WIP 2017-09-01 21:20:08 Vyacheslav Sedovich New Titanium and Glass icons from Oleg.

Vehicle inventory access from inside Cyclops:

52941 /main/Added vehicle inventory access from inside Cyclops 2017-09-01 10:11:30 Scott Thunelius Added vehicle inventory access from inside Cyclops

I tried to see if I could figure out how to use this but could not. So, I'm guessing there will need to be some graphics and/or art work to place a visual element in the Cyclops before you can use this.
  • dealwithitdogdealwithitdog Texas Join Date: 2016-06-09 Member: 218343Members
    garath wrote: »
    Vehicle inventory access from inside Cyclops:
    That one's been a long time coming :wink:
  • Morph_GuyMorph_Guy Join Date: 2016-04-21 Member: 216034Members

52996 /main 2017-09-04 12:48:41 Igor Popov fixed issue where one explosion could damage same object several times

52997 /main/Slava - Performance & Bug Fixes 2017-09-04 12:52:46 Vyacheslav Sedovich Fixed swapped CookedSpinefish and CookedSpadefish icons

52998 /main 2017-09-04 12:53:26 Vyacheslav Sedovich Fixed swapped CookedSpinefish and CookedSpadefish icons

53000 /main 2017-09-04 13:25:42 Igor Popov fixed trail manager not working

53001 /main 2017-09-04 13:44:35 Simon Chylinski ghost leviathan no longer sounds anemic

53127 /main 2017-09-06 09:35:11 Scott Thunelius Rocket Iteration -- Many updated SFX, Working builder timings, Fixed locker bug, Updated Rocket Customization Screen, Added rocket launch ready VO, etc

53140 /main/Minor, but extensive, text tweaks 2017-09-06 13:02:00 Tom Jubert New radio message for sunbeam cancel event

53141 /main 2017-09-06 13:11:30 Tom Jubert Some text tweaks, and addition of a radio line in case player starts sunbeam messages but doesn't pursue them.

53142 /main 2017-09-06 13:34:19 Maxim Vigovsky reduced textures for submarine_Storage_locker_big_01_illum, Rabbitray, Player_02_radiation_helmet_01, Oxygen_tank,
    reduced lightmaps for Map_room, Starship_exploded rooms, Modular_Explorable_Wreckage_02-03, explorable_wreckage_modular

53144 /main/jonas-FixTerrainSeams 2017-09-06 15:02:53 Jonas Grohmann Cleaning up.

53145 /main/jonas-FixTerrainSeams 2017-09-06 15:23:43 Jonas Grohmann Adding overlap.

53148 /main/andrew-sparse-reef-polish 2017-09-06 15:53:52 Andrew Jones Sparse reef polsih + eggs

53154 /main/Kiel_LavaBaseMaterialUpdates 2017-09-06 17:29:59 Kiel McDonald Hallway material updates

53155 /main/Kiel_LavaBaseMaterialUpdates 2017-09-06 17:31:54 Kiel McDonald scene update

53161 /main/Kiel_LavaBaseMaterialUpdates 2017-09-06 18:27:17 Kiel McDonald Story Room material updates

53162 /main/cyclops water clipping 2017-09-06 18:31:14 Max McGuire Manually merged Cyclops water surface clipping changes

53164 /main/Kiel_LavaBaseMaterialUpdates 2017-09-06 18:50:09 Kiel McDonald Teleport Room Material Updates

53171 /main/Slava - Performance & Bug Fixes 2017-09-06 19:34:09 Vyacheslav Sedovich Fixed Cyclops having only 4 upgrade slots instead of 6 after loading old savegame.
    Fixed unlocking default equipment slots upon loading old savegames (for Nuclear Reactor, Seamoth / Exosuit, Cyclops Upgrade Console).

Morph_Guy wrote: »

53171 /main/Slava - Performance & Bug Fixes 2017-09-06 19:34:09 Vyacheslav Sedovich Fixed Cyclops having only 4 upgrade slots instead of 6 after loading old savegame.

I thought I saw @0x6A7232 helping some folks who might be seeing trouble with 4 / 6 upgrade slots on the Cyclops in another thread. So, this is probably a welcome fix.

• SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    Update: This is what the new Sunbeam alternate ending message is:

"Aurora survivors, this is trading ship Sunbeam. We've tracked your distress signal, but your ship's left a giant debris field up in orbit, we can't attempt a landing. We're gonna have to head home. We'll send our data to Alterra as soon as we can. Hold on in there. Sunbeam, out."

To be perfectly honest, I'm a little disappointed with this. I just have the unpopular opinion that the Sunbeam shouldn't be able to be saved. I much rather have seen a Reaper leap up and take the ship down.

But, I can see why they wouldn't take that route. Much less modeling and animation work. Which, at this point in development, I'm fine with it.
    edited September 2017
    Skope wrote: »
    Update: This is what the new Sunbeam alternate ending message is:

"Aurora survivors, this is trading ship Sunbeam. We've tracked your distress signal, but your ship's left a giant debris field up in orbit, we can't attempt a landing. We're gonna have to head home. We'll send our data to Alterra as soon as we can. Hold on in there. Sunbeam, out."

To be perfectly honest, I'm a little disappointed with this. I just have the unpopular opinion that the Sunbeam shouldn't be able to be saved. I much rather have seen a Reaper leap up and take the ship down.

But, I can see why they wouldn't take that route. Much less modeling and animation work. Which, at this point in development, I'm fine with it.

I personally prefer having it just not show up than to have it crash into the aurora for some reason or have a leviathan somehow pull it into the water despite it being much bigger and stronger than the leviathan itself.

53213 /main 2017-09-07 04:23:33 Max McGuire Adjusted water surface to avoid circle artifact at deep locations due to the low index of refraction of the water and high clarity

53217 /main 2017-09-07 10:09:32 Simon Chylinski misc sound tweeks

53219 /main 2017-09-07 13:16:04 Louis Karim Fixed pop in seaglide swimming loop animation

53226 /main/jonas-FixTerrainSeams 2017-09-07 18:21:30 Jonas Grohmann Added mesh overlap support.

53232 /main 2017-09-07 20:07:30 Jake Smith update coral tree tile, mushroom forest fixes

53243 /main 2017-09-07 22:05:39 Jonas Grohmann Improved terrain seams.

53248 /main/Aurora Exterior Revisions 2017-09-07 23:06:10 Maxim Vigovsky exterior fixes

53263 /main 2017-09-08 07:21:19 Simon Chylinski adding end credits music
    53326 /main 2017-09-09 10:06:28 Scott Thunelius - Balance changes to Fabricator, Radio and Advanced Wiring Kit to put more emphasis on silver.
    53325 /main/Balance changes to Fabricator, Radio and Advanced Wiring Kit to put more emphasis on silver. 2017-09-09 10:00:47 Scott Thunelius - Balance changes to Fabricator, Radio and Advanced Wiring Kit to put more emphasis on silver.

Checking the recipes:

Wiring Kit - 2x silver ore
    Fabricator - 2x silver ore, 2x Titanium
    Radio - 1 Titanium
    Adv Wiring Kit - Wiring Kit, 2x Gold, Computer Chip

That recipe for the radio is odd. I think I'll build a radio in every room of my base while the recipe is so cheap. :)

• Timelord_FredTimelord_Fred Join Date: 2017-07-05 Member: 231596Members
    garath wrote: »
    53326 /main 2017-09-09 10:06:28 Scott Thunelius - Balance changes to Fabricator, Radio and Advanced Wiring Kit to put more emphasis on silver.
    53325 /main/Balance changes to Fabricator, Radio and Advanced Wiring Kit to put more emphasis on silver. 2017-09-09 10:00:47 Scott Thunelius - Balance changes to Fabricator, Radio and Advanced Wiring Kit to put more emphasis on silver.

Checking the recipes:

Wiring Kit - 2x silver ore
    Fabricator - 2x silver ore, 2x Titanium
    Radio - 1 Titanium
    Adv Wiring Kit - Wiring Kit, 2x Gold, Computer Chip

That recipe for the radio is odd. I think I'll build a radio in every room of my base while the recipe is so cheap. :)

It should be a wiring kit and a titanium
  • ZeddIsDeadZeddIsDead Australia Join Date: 2016-04-21 Member: 216029Members
    Heh, 'world temperature editing'. Might want to make lava more than 61℃
    53395 /main 2017-09-11 22:40:12 Scott MacDonald Adding more popup & Ency images (have fun Wiki Keepers)

Too funny. :)
  • RezcaRezca United States Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216078Members
    edited September 2017
    Okay so I've been away for a few months, and probably would have been a way a bit longer if Steam hadn't said something that made me very curious.

So, I've been actively avoiding Subnautica for a while. Trying to keep those spoilers down to an absolute minimum. Then one day Steam informed me I only had two perfected games. I should have had three - "Subnautica", "Hero of the Kingdom", and "Dungeon Warfare". Knowing the latter two weren't being updated anymore (The former being old at this point and the latter's working on a sequel) that only meant that Subnautica was getting attention in that regard.

You could imagine my dilemma there - continue avoiding spoilers, or spoil myself silly. I chose to just say "Forget it" and dove back into the Trello Board to check things out.

Sadly, no new achievements *yet*

The CZ-ILZ corridor was removed, but OH MY GOD they put in a LR connection in the Mountains like the very early drafts of the Lost River suggested! That made me so, so very happy you can't even imagine. I'm a little disappointed in the Dunes Sinkhole and Crashzone Cave removals but this entrance in the Mountains more than makes up for it! They'll live on, at least in memory...
    I have to wonder though... One of the Mushroom Forests seemd to be planned to link up with the LR too in that early pre-draft. I know that's terribly unlikely to EVER happen even post-launch, but it made me curious: If the devs were to link it with the LR, how would they have gone about it? I mean it's not like it has room for a colossal cave opening like the Mountains, or even a sinkhole like the Dunes... Would it have been a narrow trench? Or a cave system leading up to a part of it? We may never know.

Started playing and noticed the distinct lack of limestone in the shallows. I was streaming the game for a friend who had never heard of the game before, and we spent almost an hour just looking for copper - came home with dozens of gold and silver... And two pieces of copper XD Most of it from the surrounding areas since we didn't find much in the shallows itself. Looking over this thread it's possible a few pieces might be scattered around the cliffs later on. I even was beginning to think it was removed fro the Shallows entirely, until I stumbled across one of those coral/cave formations that was plastered with it. Maybe it should be spread out a lil more rather than mostly being in one place?

Noticed that the Flashlight actually has a gradual falloff around the edge of the cone, so when in caves being close to a wall it illuminates around it and not just being perfectly black and then suddenly very bright only in one spot. I love this, but was this a recent change made to the lighting during my absence or was it always like that and it was just my computer that had that issue?

Oh and Floodlights now CONNECT TO BASE POWER, I WAS THRILLED!

Got killed by a geyser in the shallows for the first time. Always, always was able to get dangerously close to it but not be affected, this time it felt like I was at a safe distance but still got blasted. If I'm not imagining things here, then that's good - I always thought the geysers weren't very dangerous and were mostly just easy resources.

Also was shocked to hear the humor from the PDA's AI removed. I almost choked when she didn't say "Great job not dying." at the beginning, and just sighed when the "Just so you know" comment was removed from the kelp caves. The Blood Kelp Zone's line being changed makes me worry she no longer asks "Are you sure whatever you're doing is worth it?" when heading into the Dunes (Nothing there is really worth it though, at least it wasn't when I last played. Need to re-experience things to see if that zone's still a "Just forget it exists" location or not. The Alien Cache addition didn't really change my opinion on that.

Now the PDA's AI just sounds too stiff and formal, without those snarky comments. Was there any reason given as to why they made it like that? Since it just feels so lifeless now.

The sea dragon doesn't try and eat me anymore, just bites for a ton of health. Was that changed from an instant-kill to "just a lotta damage" or does it not do that at all anymore? Or was it just "Xbox Weirdness", since I was on the xbox at the time. Haven't seen if the PC sea dragon reacts in the same way. It's not like it really makes much a difference since you don't get caught outside of your vehicle often and it only triggered if you were directly in front of its face AND it didn't decide to (A) ignore you or (B) fireball you instead. It's large enough to eat the Seamoth/Prawn, would be interesting if it could swallow those whole, if it managed to get them into its mouth - possibly only as a "finishing move" if they were low on health and thus already near-death at the time? Maybe at 15 ~ 35 health, get a unique death animation of you and your vehicle descending into its maw (Still laughed when Markiplier got eaten by it for the first time)

Lastly.... A new message from the Sunbeam?! My constant hoping and wishing that there'd be an alternate path with that might have a chance? Just need to hear "Planned story and/or map DLC for the future" and everything will be golden. Seriously, UW's got some really interesting background going on here, it'd be great to hear more - and new places to explore and build in would be fantastic. If the map can't be extended horizontally they could use the teleporter system to bring you there (Which may be the only way an Arctic Biome would make sense heh)

Also also, hello again everyone XD
  • JackeJacke Calgary Join Date: 2017-03-20 Member: 229061Members
    Rezca wrote: »
    Okay so I've been away for a few months, and probably would have been a way a bit longer if Steam hadn't said something that made me very curious. .... Then one day Steam informed me I only had two perfected games. I should have had three - "Subnautica", "Hero of the Kingdom", and "Dungeon Warfare". Knowing the latter two weren't being updated anymore (The former being old at this point and the latter's working on a sequel) that only meant that Subnautica was getting attention in that regard. .... I chose to just say "Forget it" and dove back into the Trello Board to check things out.

Sadly, no new achievements *yet*

.... Also also, hello again everyone XD
    Welcome back! I wasn't playing Subnautica for the past two months and not even reading the forum since mid August. Got back in and started a new Experimental game last Sep 10 Sunday, just to avoid issues updating a save game. Things have changed.

Base power issues appear all fixed. Lots of blueprint changes. More blueprints either unlocked by game events or discoveries or by finding frags. The frag-loss-of-progress bug for reloading a save still affects at least the Seamoth and the Bioreactor.

And way more beasties, more often in packs. Stalkers are all over the "Safe" Shallows. And Copper is the early and mid-game pacing resource.

I also had all 3 Prerelease Achievements unlocked. Just checked and Achievements are currently gone from Subnautica. Will likely return just before or on the release, currently expected end of October.
    [ New entrance to the LR, other LR-ILZ changes. ]
    I barely got into the start of the LR off of the DGR in the past. My current game hasn't gone that far yet, so others will have to comment on it. I am liking that those who know more are liking some of the changes.
    Started playing and noticed the distinct lack of limestone in the shallows. I was streaming the game for a friend who had never heard of the game before, and we spent a good hour just looking for copper - came home with dozens of gold and silver... And two pieces of copper XD
    Copper is definitely the pacing element for the early game. I am extremely careful about using every piece. In my new game, I soon swept most of the Shallows around Lifepod 5 and one of the three big coral tubes. Had to sweep through the Kelp Forests including the larger one just north of the Grand Reef to satisfy my demand. Setting up my main base in that Forest near the GR required I go north to find a second large coral tube to sweep. From previous games, I have locations for 3 large coral tubes and would have gone after the third if I needed to.

Having a Seamoth, after adding some more to my main base, I'll be heading off to find the Sea Treaders. A bit tricky with a stock Seamoth with only 200m max depth, but easing that Copper shortage would help.

Someone suggested in another topic that the recipe for Battery should be changed to 1x Lead + 2x Acid Mushroom. If that was done with an increase in the incidence of Lead in Limestone Outcroppings, that would be a good change. It would make the Sea Treaders outcroppings less useful, as Copper would just be used for Copper Wire.

Another thing I do to get a big boost early game is once I have a Seamoth, do a deep dive to the Degasi abandonned base in the Jelly Shroom Caves. Need 2 High Capacity Oxygen Tanks as well as a complete Rad Suit and the Rebreather, with at least 6 empty inventory spots for swapping. When at ~180m at the top of the cave over the base, can switch to the Rebreather as just outside the Aurora Rad Zone at that point. Good to get the 6 PDAs, a Data Box with the Ultra High Capacity Tank blueprint, and a bunch of base parts as well as other frags like the Stasis Rifle.
    Noticed that the Flashlight actually has a gradual falloff around the edge of the cone, so when in caves being close to a wall it illuminates around it and not just being perfectly black and then suddenly very bright only in one spot. I love this, but was this a recent change made to the lighting during my absence or was it always like that and it was just my computer that had that issue?

Never have used Floodlights. In the past, I've set up extra seeded Creepvines for base area illumination. And this game haven't even make the Flashlight. Would have used up another battery and one piece of precious Copper. Just use the light on the Seaglide. Or when I have it, the Laser Cutter faintly glows when readied.
    Got killed by a geyser in the shallows for the first time. Always, always was able to get dangerously close to it but not be affected, this time it felt like I was at a safe distance but still got blasted. If I'm not imagining things here, then that's good - I always thought the geysers weren't very dangerous and were mostly just easy resources.
    I haven't swum close to the geyser this game. Will take more care with it. Have dived partway inside to get mats, but now it may not be worth it.
    Also was shocked to hear the humor from the PDA's AI removed. I almost choked when she didn't say "Great job not dying." at the beginning, and just sighed when the "Just so you know" comment was removed from the kelp caves. The Blood Kelp Zone's line being changed makes me worry she no longer asks "Are you sure whatever you're doing is worth it?" when heading into the Dunes (Nothing there is really worth it though, at least it wasn't when I last played. Need to re-experience things to see if that zone's still a "Just forget it exists" location or not. The Alien Cache addition didn't really change my opinion on that.

Now the PDA's AI just sounds too stiff and formal, without those snarky comments. Was there any reason given as to why they made it like that? Since it just feels so lifeless now.
    I really miss "Great job not dying." too.

BRING BACK "Great job not dying." !!! :)

I think the PDA should strike a lighter note to help break some of the stress of the rest of the game. :)
    Lastly.... A new message from the Sunbeam?! My constant hoping and wishing that there'd be an alternate path with that might have a chance? Just need to hear "Planned story and/or map DLC for the future" and everything will be golden. Seriously, UW's got some really interesting background going on here, it'd be great to hear more - and new places to explore and build in would be fantastic. If the map can't be extended horizontally they could use the teleporter system to bring you there (Which may be the only way an Arctic Biome would make sense heh)
    I've heard that if you don't use the radio and progress the messages, eventually the Sunbeam just scans and departs and you'll hear messages saying so. Don't know how to bring that about, as I fixed the radio early and the usual tragedy played out.

More things would be nice, but as far as I know, there's a feature freeze on to get the game good for release at the end of October. After that, an update, free or paid, maybe both, may happen after a while.
    edited September 2017
    Jacke wrote: »
    Copper is definitely the pacing element for the early game. I am extremely careful about using every piece. In my new game, I soon swept most of the Shallows around Lifepod 5 and one of the three big coral tubes. Had to sweep through the Kelp Forests including the larger one just north of the Grand Reef to satisfy my demand. Setting up my main base in that Forest near the GR required I go north to find a second large coral tube to sweep. From previous games, I have locations for 3 large coral tubes and would have gone after the third if I needed to.

Yeah I just started playing a new game on the PC version and just beelined to the "Ridge of Wonders" as Markiplier called it, and came back with a lot of Copper (and Titanium). It really should be distributed across the zone a bit evenly rather than being all in one spot. I like that place as being good on resources, but when the rest of the region is devoid of it? xD

Never have used Floodlights. In the past, I've set up extra seeded Creepvines for base area illumination. And this game haven't even make the Flashlight. Would have used up another battery and one piece of precious Copper. Just use the light on the Seaglide. Or when I have it, the Laser Cutter faintly glows when readied.

I mostly used them for decoration, like a "Blood Kelp Trench Research Base" would have a couple here and there. Yeah the flashlight doesn't see much use from me in most situations. Practically, I assume you're intended to use it for early game exploration during the night, since the Seamoth and Seaglide both have their own lights. I use it most of the time in exploring Kelp Forest caves or whenever I'm not using the seamoth/glide. Sometimes forcing myself to play in a different manner can add a whole lot to the Subnautica experience!

I really miss "Great job not dying." too.

BRING BACK "Great job not dying." !!! :)

I think the PDA should strike a lighter note to help break some of the stress of the rest of the game. :)
    I would love the whole formal/sciencey dialogue have some snark thrown in here and there. I mean it was great to see that Subnautica had this dramatic feeling to it of being stranded on an alien planet ALONE and then your AI ends up commenting on serious matters with a bit of snark.
    "the BKZ is objectively creepy" > "Can inflict terror in humans"
    "Great job not dying" > "This PDA will help keep you alive"
    "The number one cause of death in caves like this is getting lost then drowning. Just so you know." > Whatever the new text is, I already forgot but it didn't make me laugh.

and so on. I kinda forgot exactly what the Kelp Caves text was word-for-word so I paraphrased xvx; Point is, it didn't have that "Serious, but with a little bit of humor" feel to it that I felt added to the SA experience. Now it's all just formal and boring chatter you'd get out of a textbook or some other soulless AI "companion". :(

I've heard that if you don't use the radio and progress the messages, eventually the Sunbeam just scans and departs and you'll hear messages saying so. Don't know how to bring that about, as I fixed the radio early and the usual tragedy played out.

I haven't gotten that far with the radio messages, but maybe there's some other prerequisites involved beyond just "Play their first message then ignore the rest" to make it involve some work on the player's part. (Or maybe the logic for triggering it hasn't been implemented just yet xD) Heck, maybe there'll be an achievement for both paths: Letting it play its course, and then one for getting them to turn around.

Were some of the 'creepy' messages removed? Like the one where you heard what was allegedly Warpers on the hunt discussing "new targets" and such, and one which was just alien babble? I liked getting those since it added a bit of mystery to everything. You THINK you're alone but then you get those...........

More things would be nice, but as far as I know, there's a feature freeze on to get the game good for release at the end of October. After that, an update, free or paid, maybe both, may happen after a while.
    Yeah, looking forward to seeing if there'll be more someday.

Yeah I just started playing a new game on the PC version and just beelined to the "Ridge of Wonders" as Markiplier called it, and came back with a lot of Copper (and Titanium). It really should be distributed across the zone a bit evenly rather than being all in one spot. I like that place as being good on resources, but when the rest of the region is devoid of it? xD
    Where exactly is "The Ridge of Wonders"? I haven't watched Markiplier yet.

And I do think a final tweak on some recipes and outcropping proportions needs to be done, even with the short amount of time before the expected release. There are far too many sources of Gold and it's well on its way to being overstocked just to get the other mats in outcroppings. Silver is just about right now with it and Wiring Kits (2 Silver) being used in more blueprints (Fabricator is 2 Silver + 2 Titanium, Advanced Wiring Kit is 1 Computer Chip + 1 Wiring Kit + 2 Gold, or from mats 2 Table Coral Samples + 2 Copper + 2 Silver + 3 Gold).

Alas, with the feature freeze I don't think we'll see blueprint changes before release. Maybe outcropping proportion changes, I hope.
    Sometimes forcing myself to play in a different manner can add a whole lot to the Subnautica experience!
    I've not changed my play that much, except for the timing and direction of particular expeditions. No longer go down the centre shaft to the Jelly Shroom Caves after that area lost its MPR frags. That was eventually brought back by going down the shaft just inside the Aurora Rad Zone to explore the Degasi abandonned base, once I got the Seamoth. Still take at least one trip early to Volcano Isle to get a Diamond for a Laser Cutter, just so I can thoroughly explore wrecks in one pass.

Used to go to the Floating Isle early via Seaglide, but that one really want to have more storage to bring stuff back. Have been waiting until I get the Cyclops in recent time. If I can unlock the Vehicle Modification Station and make some Storage Upgrades, I should do that soon.
    I would love the whole formal/sciencey dialogue have some snark thrown in here and there. I mean it was great to see that Subnautica had this dramatic feeling to it of being stranded on an alien planet ALONE and then your AI ends up commenting on serious matters with a bit of snark.
    "The number one cause of death in caves like this is getting lost then drowning. Just so you know." > Whatever the new text is, I already forgot but it didn't make me laugh.

and so on. I kinda forgot exactly what the Kelp Caves text was word-for-word so I paraphrased xvx; Point is, it didn't have that "Serious, but with a little bit of humor" feel to it that I felt added to the SA experience. Now it's all just formal and boring chatter you'd get out of a textbook or some other soulless AI "companion". :(
    I like the slightly snarky messages out of the PDA. Can you imagine if Unknown Worlds Entertainment got certain voice actors (or sound-alikes) to record alternate PDA voices just a little bit differently. I think people would pay money for them as post-release DLC. :)

Douglas Rain (very unlikely, retired, would need sound-alike :) )
    Steven Wright
    Ellen McLain
    I haven't gotten that far with the radio messages, but maybe there's some other prerequisites involved beyond just "Play their first message then ignore the rest" to make it involve some work on the player's part. (Or maybe the logic for triggering it hasn't been implemented just yet xD) Heck, maybe there'll be an achievement for both paths: Letting it play its course, and then one for getting them to turn around.

Were some of the 'creepy' messages removed? Like the one where you heard what was allegedly Warpers on the hunt discussing "new targets" and such, and one which was just alien babble? I liked getting those since it added a bit of mystery to everything. You THINK you're alone but then you get those...........
    Haven't gotten to the creepy messages yet. I think new radio messages are triggered by going to certain areas. Next up in my game is Lifepod 19 down in the Blood Kelp Trench near the Grand Reef.
    Where exactly is "The Ridge of Wonders"? I haven't watched Markiplier yet.

Coordinates-wise, it's at -87 0 90. I always look at where the Aurora engines are and line myself up with them when looking for it w/o using the debug window.

Watching him is a lot of fun, especially when he blows his vehicles up or starts screaming in panic over things, and his being amazed at new things (RIP the Dunes Sinkhole, since he was just in awe over that once upon a time)

Sometimes forcing myself to play in a different manner can add a whole lot to the Subnautica experience!
    I've not changed my play that much, except for the timing and direction of particular expeditions. No longer go down the centre shaft to the Jelly Shroom Caves after that area lost its MPR frags. That was eventually brought back by going down the shaft just inside the Aurora Rad Zone to explore the Degasi abandonned base, once I got the Seamoth. Still take at least one trip early to Volcano Isle to get a Diamond for a Laser Cutter, just so I can thoroughly explore wrecks in one pass.

Used to go to the Floating Isle early via Seaglide, but that one really want to have more storage to bring stuff back. Have been waiting until I get the Cyclops in recent time. If I can unlock the Vehicle Modification Station and make some Storage Upgrades, I should do that soon.

Yeah changing initial exploration direction or even deciding NOT to get my Prawn out of the Aurora (Which means not needing to visit any deep wrecks for it if you pick it up there) is one way, but also deciding to use Flares and Pipes for early exploration rather than beelining the Seaglide or similar.

That's something I did a while back.... Where I visited the Lost River and built my first base in the Blood Kelp Trench... Without using the Seaglide or Seamoth, and only a single airtank (Or with current update, it'd be "without using an upgraded one")... Doing things like that was always amusing xD

I like the slightly snarky messages out of the PDA. Can you imagine if Unknown Worlds Entertainment got certain voice actors (or sound-alikes) to record alternate PDA voices just a little bit differently. I think people would pay money for them as post-release DLC. :)

Douglas Rain (very unlikely, retired, would need sound-alike :) )
    Steven Wright
    Ellen McLain
    Made me think of Halo 5's "Voices of War" pack where they had three different VO's for the multiplayer, and Stellaris getting VO's you can use to replace the default assistant. Would be interesting, but might be too costly to warrant adding in. Who knows - I mean, SA's not exactly dialogue heavy so it might not be as bad? Depends on how worth it the devs feel it'd be.

Haven't gotten to the creepy messages yet. I think new radio messages are triggered by going to certain areas. Next up in my game is Lifepod 19 down in the Blood Kelp Trench near the Grand Reef.

The "creepy messages" were messages that'd sometimes pop up in your Comms Relay in between the Lifepod distress signals and the Sunbeam chain. The two I'm referring to was messages I saw commonly attributed to being intercepted messages from Warpers and the other was just "untranslated gibberish".

I haven't gotten any of those yet, so it makes me a lil worried they were cut at some point.

Oh thank goodness, because I loved those messages and YESSS that Dunes message! I guess the threat of a leviathan infested region is enough to warrant a little snark from your otherwise professional AI xD
    edited September 2017
    Coordinates-wise, [ Markiplier's Ridge of Wonders is ] at -87 0 90. I always look at where the Aurora engines are and line myself up with them when looking for it w/o using the debug window.

Watching him is a lot of fun, especially when he blows his vehicles up or starts screaming in panic over things, and his being amazed at new things (RIP the Dunes Sinkhole, since he was just in awe over that once upon a time).
    I'm watching Markiplier now. I find he gets overwrought a little too often. But when he does start talking about stuff, there are things I can pick up.

And the Ridge of Wonders coordinates are the south end of the 2nd large coral tube I swept in this game. Here's the 3 large tubes I know of, along with a few other good resource locals in the Safe Shallows and the Kelp Forests around them. The "G##" are the games I recorded the location. Currently on Game 14.

Important safety note: like the rest of the beasties, there's more Crashfish now too.
    G03	Loc 56,-35,-23		Entrance to caves near G03 Lifepod-5, lots of Crashfish

G03	Loc -294,0,-199		Creep Vine that grows to surface

G03	Loc -96,-10,87		LARGE CORAL TUBE one end, Limestone
    G03	Loc -78,-17,174		LARGE CORAL TUBE other end, near Kelp Forest
    				2 side caves with other exits have lots of Quartz and one behind a pushable rock has 3 Sandstone Outcroppings

G06	Loc -160,-24,-125	Top entrance to one of above side caves
    				Lots of Crashfish

G06	Loc -130,-34,-150	LARGE CORAL TUBE open end, Limestone
    				other end in shallow cave system

G06	Loc -515,-32,215	LARGE CORAL TUBE one end, Limestone
    G05	Loc -495,-19,180	LARGE CORAL TUBE hole in roof
    G06	Loc -485,-44,150	LARGE CORAL TUBE other end, cave continues
    G06	Loc -475,-48,120	Another exit

G10	Loc -180,-68,305	Cave in Kelp Forest with lots of Limestone, Sandstone, Bleeders
    G10	Loc -240,-45,293	Vertical cave at other end, Brain Coral at bottom

G06	Loc -290,-55,305	Kelp Forest cave near wreck, Sandstone
    G06	Loc -245,-27,295	Same cave, vertical entrance, Purple Brain Coral at bottom

G03	Loc -404,-71,288	Brain Coral by Wreckage w/compartment

Yeah changing initial exploration direction or even deciding NOT to get my Prawn out of the Aurora (Which means not needing to visit any deep wrecks for it if you pick it up there) is one way, but also deciding to use Flares and Pipes for early exploration rather than beelining the Seaglide or similar.

That's something I did a while back.... Where I visited the Lost River and built my first base in the Blood Kelp Trench... Without using the Seaglide or Seamoth, and only a single airtank (Or with current update, it'd be "without using an upgraded one")... Doing things like that was always amusing xD
    That's kind of crazy. :) I do enough extended diving below my stock Seamoth's 200m max depth, as well as long swimouts through wrecks. To get enough endurance, I've got to swap to a second High Capacity Oxygen Tank. (And make sure both tanks are full before leaving the Seamoth.) Already done the first to the Jelly Shroom Caves Degasi base. Which reminds me, I need to grab the extra tank before I go after Lifepod 19, as I go after nearby wreck before or after.
    Made me think of Halo 5's "Voices of War" pack where they had three different VO's for the multiplayer, and Stellaris getting VO's you can use to replace the default assistant. Would be interesting, but might be too costly to warrant adding in. Who knows - I mean, SA's not exactly dialogue heavy so it might not be as bad? Depends on how worth it the devs feel it'd be.
    It's something they could do. Kind of simple but players who like the game would likely pay for them.
    The "creepy messages" were messages that'd sometimes pop up in your Comms Relay in between the Lifepod distress signals and the Sunbeam chain. The two I'm referring to was messages I saw commonly attributed to being intercepted messages from Warpers and the other was just "untranslated gibberish".

I haven't gotten any of those yet, so it makes me a lil worried they were cut at some point.
    I've heard them before, just not yet in my current new game. After @Morph_Guy's comment, interested in hearing how they're creepier. :)
    edited September 2017
    I've heard them before, just not yet in my current new game. After @Morph_Guy's comment, interested in hearing how they're creepier. :)

I think it would have been neat to hear the (now long-since removed) "Holy Diver" easter-egg message in the Sea Emperor's voice heh
    edited November 2017
    Three cool items:

1. some work on the scanner room UI. (Dare we hope for a scrollbar?)
    2. Changes to creature decoy to triple active time
    3. Oops. I forgot three. (I just pulled a Rick Perry).

56063 /main/scanner room UI 2017-11-08 14:58:45 Andreas Urwalek
    56062 /main/scanner room UI 2017-11-08 14:51:10 Andreas Urwalek
    56059 /main/scanner room UI 2017-11-08 13:39:26 Andreas Urwalek set icons

56047 /main 2017-11-08 07:36:36 Scott Thunelius - Balance: Creature Decoy now 1x2 inv slots, tripled active time
  • kingkumakingkuma cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress Join Date: 2015-09-25 Member: 208137Members

I think it would have been neat to hear the (now long-since removed) "Holy Diver" easter-egg message in the Sea Emperor's voice heh

I'm working on a Subnautica "holy diver" remix.
  • baronvonsatanbaronvonsatan TX, USA Join Date: 2016-12-01 Member: 224415Members
    Jarin wrote: »
    I think I just read the best commit yet.
    CS#56260 by @UWE_Klegran: Gendarme be like, "Naw man. You be trippin' if you think that code gon' work out for ya." So I fix it and now Gendarme be all, "Aight bro, we good."

I cringed hard when I read that. It's always easy for someone who can speak AAVE fluently to spot an impostor, and this is just... no. No, no, no.
  • JarinJarin Los Angeles Join Date: 2013-12-16 Member: 190184Members
    Jarin wrote: »
    I think I just read the best commit yet.
    CS#56260 by @UWE_Klegran: Gendarme be like, "Naw man. You be trippin' if you think that code gon' work out for ya." So I fix it and now Gendarme be all, "Aight bro, we good."

I cringed hard when I read that. It's always easy for someone who can speak AAVE fluently to spot an impostor, and this is just... no. No, no, no.

Fair enough. I was just amused because the vast majority of commits are very bland and straightforward.