3-in-1 On the Edge Of Release - Subnautica

Comments

• elfcrisiselfcrisis Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230466Members
    Driver problems that had been previously fixed can come up again with new versions, too. That's always fun. Good to know, though. I don't really think of the XBox as having/needing drivers because I don't have to manage them myself.

(Also, it suddenly occurs to me that "edge of release" sounds really... well, never mind.)
  • tybaltswrathtybaltswrath Join Date: 2017-08-26 Member: 232632Members
    System wrote: »
    Last week, we were prepping a 3-in-1 update for Xbox One launch. We passed the last hurdles with Microsoft, and were running through the final launch sequence checks, when this...
    Read the full story here

Frankly I am tired of excuses coming from the developers. It has been empty promises for over four months about any update coming to Xbox. I have gotten a refund from Microsoft because I no longer support the developers.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    How is the progress on the PS4 edition? I've been following this game for two years and its UNBEARABLE TO WAIT

The thing is, they can't start work on PS4, because Sony doesn't allow pre-release versions of games on their platform. I'm guessing, since the new consoles are x64 based, it wouldn't be that much of an issue to port once they go v1.0... But that is a big IF, also PS4 is more powerful so all the performance magic for Xbone will benefit PS4 as well, I assume

• ArackArack Join Date: 2017-08-23 Member: 232568Members
    From my understanding, Game Peviews are going to run into a lot of tech problems. But that's the whole idea! These Game Previews allow the Devs to see more problems and a lot more of them to be able to address the issues. This goes without saying for ANY Game Preview ppl! Whether it's Ark, We Happy Few, or The Long Dark. They all have issues and will until the final release. My advice: just let the Devs do their job and leave them alone! Keep up the good work Devs!
  • MudonisMudonis Draconia Join Date: 2016-07-14 Member: 220241Members

Frankly I am tired of excuses coming from the developers. It has been empty promises for over four months about any update coming to Xbox. I have gotten a refund from Microsoft because I no longer support the developers.

They aren't making excuses.

Also at least they aren't releasing a console breaking update like plenty of other dev I know of are willing to do.
  • GaaraTheRedGaaraTheRed USA Join Date: 2017-07-26 Member: 232075Members
    Lol.... 4 days to pass the first cert and found ONE problem which halted release. It's been 6 work days since then and nothing. I believe people are mainly getting ancy because you may have prematurely set a final release time frame. That being just around the corner causes you devs to cram and work at paces which often lead to errors, mistakes or missing things entirely, worsening as you get closer to that time frame. I still get the sickening feeling this is gonna be pushed off onto the new Gen consoles due to lack of processing/memory power on the current Xbox One. Which in that case people might as well buy a fking laptop to play, at least you'd have access to the multi-player MOD being created. I own it on PC and Xbox, if my 242$ laptop can run it better than Xbox, like I said, people might as well go buy a 500$ PC and have better results. (plus windows 10 allows use of the Xbox one controllers via Bluetooth or wired connection)
  • IrresponsibleGoon357IrresponsibleGoon357 Join Date: 2017-05-05 Member: 230274Members
    I HAVE AN IDEA! Subnautica devs. If you are reading this. You could possibly be a BETA version for the Subnautica Xbox One Edition. Its all thanks to the XBOX INSIDER HUB. The Insider Hub is an Xbox One application used for downloading beta updates and sending feedback about the bugs and issues for the game to help in development. SUNAUTICA CAN HAVE A BETA MODE. This can happen. We can work together! JUST LIKE EXPERIMENTAL MODE!!!
    edited September 2017
    Okay, I'd just like to say again, for all the people who are frustrated with delays, that what we are seeing is nothing out of the ordinary for any software development.

There's nothing wrong with the ability/power of current gen consoles to run this game, the fact that it can run on older PC hardware with no problems tells us this. But getting it to work correctly on all the different types of hardware/software out there, XBox included, is no small task. All we're seeing is the process of it.

Again, the only unusual part is that we are seeing this process at all. So remain calm, XBox will get its update soon enough.

p.s. I originally got this for XBox but eventually got it for PC when I found I could use a controller with it there. I am as eager for the XBox update as anyone. If I can find the patience to wait for the update, so can you! :D
  • gamefly117gamefly117 Join Date: 2017-07-11 Member: 231750Members
  • HeartOfTheKINGHeartOfTheKING XBOX ONE Join Date: 2016-05-30 Member: 217758Members
    Obraxis wrote: »
    I posted this on reddit, so I'm posting this here to help clarify what happened.
    We've mentioned in many threads that we fixed one problem, which lead to another. Then to fix that problem meant we had to upgrade Unity, then there were new problems which meant lots of pain, cost and time. All while having to upgrade to the latest Subnautica version, which is how we're at a 3-in-1 patch. It's certainly not through lack of effort, we've been putting in a ton of hours.
    We were ready to ship a couple week ago, but an issue that got passed Cert testing (that was not in out final testing before we sent it to Cert) that was found by us, and of course we had to fix it as it was game breaking: https://unknownworlds.com/subnautica/3-1-edge-release/
    It's not been fun, but we think we found the problem stopping us from shipping and the build is on it's way to Microsoft for Cert. We'll be posting if/when it passes cert and it passes our own internal final testing.

We should hopefully, have some kind of news this coming week. We feel your pain, and we're sorry it's taken so long.

Thank you for all your hard work and for keeping us in the loop, excited to play the new updates, lets all hope it goes smoothly and quickly
  • SkididiggSkididigg 4546B Join Date: 2017-08-31 Member: 232752Members
    Obraxis wrote: »
    I posted this on reddit, so I'm posting this here to help clarify what happened.
    We've mentioned in many threads that we fixed one problem, which lead to another. Then to fix that problem meant we had to upgrade Unity, then there were new problems which meant lots of pain, cost and time. All while having to upgrade to the latest Subnautica version, which is how we're at a 3-in-1 patch. It's certainly not through lack of effort, we've been putting in a ton of hours.
    We were ready to ship a couple week ago, but an issue that got passed Cert testing (that was not in out final testing before we sent it to Cert) that was found by us, and of course we had to fix it as it was game breaking: https://unknownworlds.com/subnautica/3-1-edge-release/
    It's not been fun, but we think we found the problem stopping us from shipping and the build is on it's way to Microsoft for Cert. We'll be posting if/when it passes cert and it passes our own internal final testing.

We should hopefully, have some kind of news this coming week. We feel your pain, and we're sorry it's taken so long.

WOOHOO!!! Problem potentially fixed!
  • DayDay Pittsburgh Join Date: 2017-06-12 Member: 231077Members
    Damn.. she's kicking and screaming.. haha,. Glad you guys figured out the major hurdles..
  • Trigger83ETFCTrigger83ETFC United Kingdom Join Date: 2017-09-03 Member: 232783Members
    This game is great but the fps/lag is making it unplayable for me and i have the xbox one s i got stuck in my seamoth for nearly two minutes while the map was trying to load is there a performance patch in the upcoming update?

Also if you look at a video from Neebs Gaming called Radiation Leak! Subnautica #16 and scroll to 12:50 similar issue but was released on steam.

Please update this SOON as i really want to continue playing this great survival game as the fps/lag stop me from playing it.
  • londonsmartlondonsmart anderson south carolina Join Date: 2017-05-26 Member: 230782Members
    i just want to thank the devs for keeping us up to date with whats going on most games say the update is coming tomorrow but if they have a issue and cant release it then they dont tell us they make us wait not knowing whats happening so then we get mad and wait till it comes but you tell us whats happening try to let us see for ourselfs and we can get an idea of whats happening and we can try to guess when it can get fixed my guess is just a few more days
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    gamefly117 wrote: »
    Show me number

Personally, I've always had a special place in my heart for this one...

It says a lot, without really saying anything at all.

B)
  • Sam_StarfallSam_Starfall Join Date: 2017-05-21 Member: 230665Members
    How dare developers make empty promise! I backed a game 1 month ago, surely it is enough to make a ground breaking AAA game or at least publish an alpha as interesting than the complete game and update it every week.

(this is a joke)
  • KelliseKellise UK Join Date: 2016-07-23 Member: 220582Members
    Skope wrote: »
    Last week, we were prepping a 3-in-1 update for Xbox One launch. We passed the last hurdles with Microsoft, and were running through the final launch sequence checks, when this...
    Read the full story here

This is just what's happening with this next generation.

A generation of impatience.

If it isn't done immediately, it isn't worth it.

This is where games like No Mans Sky come from.

I get it, the update is long overdue, longer than it should have ever been. But what would you rather complain about? A lack of updates, or an unplayable update?

Don't bring generation into this. Seen plenty of 30+ year olds throwing tantrums over being made to wait 5 min in a store while somethings sorted out, seen plenty of 20 year olds and younger wait patiently and seen plenty of vice visa for both.
    Privilege spans all generations.
  • SkididiggSkididigg 4546B Join Date: 2017-08-31 Member: 232752Members
    elfcrisis wrote: »
    Privilege spans all generations.

Indeed it does...
    Social Class also has a part in it.
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    Kellise wrote: »
    Skope wrote: »
    Read the full story here

This is just what's happening with this next generation.

A generation of impatience.

If it isn't done immediately, it isn't worth it.

This is where games like No Mans Sky come from.

I get it, the update is long overdue, longer than it should have ever been. But what would you rather complain about? A lack of updates, or an unplayable update?

Don't bring generation into this. Seen plenty of 30+ year olds throwing tantrums over being made to wait 5 min in a store while somethings sorted out, seen plenty of 20 year olds and younger wait patiently and seen plenty of vice visa for both.

Who said I wasn't talking about people that age?
  • obsidian_eclipseobsidian_eclipse uk Join Date: 2017-05-04 Member: 230239Members
    Damn geriatrics.. Just because they might pass in their sleep next week doesn't mean the game should be rushed.
  • Beta_Tester_ProphetBeta_Tester_Prophet Crysler,Ontario Join Date: 2016-02-29 Member: 213632Members
    Hey @Obraxis any news on the progress of this unique acid like phenomenon? xD
  • Moon_SwanerMoon_Swaner In me mums basement living of prunes and scallops in Singapore Join Date: 2017-09-01 Member: 232767Members
    I HAVE AN IDEA! Subnautica devs. If you are reading this. You could possibly be a BETA version for the Subnautica Xbox One Edition. Its all thanks to the XBOX INSIDER HUB. The Insider Hub is an Xbox One application used for downloading beta updates and sending feedback about the bugs and issues for the game to help in development. SUNAUTICA CAN HAVE A BETA MODE. This can happen. We can work together! JUST LIKE EXPERIMENTAL MODE!!!

But it is a beta.
  • Beta_Tester_ProphetBeta_Tester_Prophet Crysler,Ontario Join Date: 2016-02-29 Member: 213632Members

But it is a beta.

I think he means having access to experimental mode but on xbox
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members

Devs have requested to only ping them for important stuff (they're crammed right now).
    0x6A7232 wrote: »

Devs have requested to only ping them for important stuff (they're crammed right now).

K. Now i know
  • gamefly117gamefly117 Join Date: 2017-07-11 Member: 231750Members