Ram

KiloWolfKiloWolf U.S. Join Date: 2016-05-11 Member: 216619Members
I just noticed something as of late. This is my first time playing the new build since I have been busy with other things as of late but I have never had issues playing the game before. I have been playing for about 2 hours and when I start the game and first start playing I get around 120fps, after about 2 hours i'm getting 30 with small jumps to 12 every 30 seconds to a minute. Checking on the issue I found that the game was using a critical amount of ram to the point it was using 12 of my 16gb of ram. Now i'm not a expert but I know that is a lot of ram for a game of all things to be using at one time.

Comments

• WaviestBow6WaviestBow6 Join Date: 2016-06-05 Member: 218131Members
    edited August 2016
    It's early access it's not stable the framerates are not always gonna be the same there's nothing wrong with your computer though. :) (and subnautica I noticed does use a lot of memory)
  • Enderguy059Enderguy059 Australia Join Date: 2015-10-15 Member: 208486Members
  • DreemerDreemer USA Join Date: 2017-09-03 Member: 232793Members
    edited September 2017
    I've been having HUGE RAM issues with the game for a very long time now. And yesterday I believe I've found out the problem and a solution. I no longer have the RAM issue thankfully after I found the cause. I will be posting a thorough topic on my issue and what I did to resolve it once this forum allows me to do so (I have to wait 1 day and post 1 time sadly). Stay tuned if you're interested and are having RAM issues; perhaps my findings can be of use to some of you. This should also help the development team find out what's wrong with their code (or better said, what their code is doing and how they can better adjust it, to avoid such issues). :smile:
  • ShuttleBugShuttleBug USA Join Date: 2017-03-15 Member: 228943Members
    That's a heck of a necro right there :D
  • adel_50adel_50 Join Date: 2016-09-01 Member: 221973Members
    I do notice some changes to the amount of ram memory it takes on the checkings so the devs are doing their best to make it better so hold tight the performance improvements is still an ongoing process :)
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    edited September 2017
    ShuttleBug wrote: »
    That's a heck of a necro right there :D

I got'chu :wink:

e7bha27ai4vw.png
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Dreemer wrote: »
    I've been having HUGE RAM issues with the game for a very long time now. And yesterday I believe I've found out the problem and a solution. I no longer have the RAM issue thankfully after I found the cause. I will be posting a thorough topic on my issue and what I did to resolve it once this forum allows me to do so (I have to wait 1 day and post 1 time sadly). Stay tuned if you're interested and are having RAM issues; perhaps my findings can be of use to some of you. This should also help the development team find out what's wrong with their code (or better said, what their code is doing and how they can better adjust it, to avoid such issues). :smile:

This is either gonna be a) really good, b) really amateurish, or c) really spammy. *grabs popcorn, which will be appropriate no matter what the results are*
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    edited September 2017
    He must have thought that all the recent discussion about Trump closing down the "Dreamer" program applied to him and he took off for parts unknown.

Either that, or his 24-Hour Clock ("...wait one day...") is really, REALLY off.

:|
  • cy4ncy4n The Kingdom of Reginald Join Date: 2016-09-14 Member: 222316Members
    I thought this was a thread about ramming things with Seamoths.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    cy4n wrote: »

I like how your mind works :D
  • DreemerDreemer USA Join Date: 2017-09-03 Member: 232793Members
    edited September 2017
    DaveyNY wrote: »
    He must have thought that all the recent discussion about Trump closing down the "Dreamer" program applied to him and he took off for parts unknown.

Actually, I have a family and a career. Not to mention I live in Florida where there's a cat 5 hurricane about to hit; I've been spending time preparing and helping others prepare their homes as well. And someone mentions Trump? What a loser (DaveNY, a new yorker, go figure), what in the world does Trump have to do with Subnautica? These kids these days have nothing better to do than sit in their chairs and be disrespectful online to anyone and everyone. It's quite sad. You kids can figure out your own RAM issues if you want. Don't need to wait around for my response. This community seems quite toxic already.
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members

Actually, I have a family and a career. Not to mention I live in Florida where there's a cat 5 hurricane about to hit; I've been spending time preparing and helping others prepare their homes as well. And someone mentions Trump? What a loser (DaveNY, a new yorker, go figure), what in the world does Trump have to do with Subnautica? These kids these days have nothing better to do than sit in their chairs and be disrespectful online to anyone and everyone. It's quite sad. You kids can figure out your own RAM issues if you want. Don't need to wait around for my response. This community seems quite toxic already.

Well bejebus, someone got mad.

I see what you mean with the bringing trump in, but legit it was a simple comment. You don't need to go all in because he mentioned the president on the forums.

Also, I wish you luck in the hurricane. Stay safe.
  • kingkumakingkuma cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress Join Date: 2015-09-25 Member: 208137Members

Yes, best of luck. Evacuate if you can - your house isn't worth dying for.
  • RalijRalij US Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217092Members
    edited September 2017
    We're a bit stressed down here in Florida... preparing for the worst and praying for the best. FEMA being broke and being short about 10k volunteers (Scott's estimation) with a cat 5 bearing down on us is a bit rattling... it's going to be a long, painful recovery. (Seriously, donate to the red cross or something. Texas and Louisiana need the help still too, especially if Congress doesn't get off their butts)

• FalsonePlaysFalsonePlays Nauxes Join Date: 2017-05-27 Member: 230791Members
    I actually have a friend that lives here in Texas down in Corpus Christi, and from what she told me it's completely trashed. I live in Round Rock, near Austin, so my school, my swim center, and even my mom's ER are helping to donate to the people stuck in Houston and Corpus Christi, along with the rest of the coast. I honestly hope everything turns out alright... and @Dreemer ? Category 5 Hurricanes can tear down extremely well built houses. Please, take you and your family farther inland. Protect yourselves. Like @kingkuma said, a house isn't worth sacrificing your life for. Board it up, prepare it the best you can, and leave. I know it seems odd, but believe me, get farther inland till the hurricane blows over. Don't risk your life. Save yourself, your family, and anyone else you can. Thank you.
    -N
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members

Heh ...

This New York "kid" is 58..., and what I posted was a joke.
    (it was a play on words with your avatar name and the bit of the commotion that occurred this past week with DACA)

Seems the real "child" here is the one having a tantrum and tossing the insults around.

And just for the record, I just got back from a three day round-trip drive to Naples FL, to get my 91 year old mother out of the way of Irma. (had to take emergency leave from work to do so)

So you're not the only one with Family and Job obligations on the line.

Though I hope and pray that you and yours stay safe over the next week.

BTW: The only toxic things around here are the folks who jump to conclusions and have no sense of humor.

B)
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    edited September 2017
    @Dreemer Not toxic, just previously burned. I did say that there was a possibility that this could be really good, didn't I? It's just you resurrected an old thread, and 90% of people that do that are either spam bots or trolls (or just bored forum regulars, but you're new so that wasn't it). If you've got the skills, we'll all happily change our tune, we might be jaded by previous spammers, but we're not blind (yet). First things first, though, get to a safe area and bunker down, Cat 5 isn't something to mess with. I hope all turns out well for you and your family when that hits. Take care!
  • NuclearTestingNuclearTesting Join Date: 2017-07-27 Member: 232082Members
    cy4n wrote: »

Same.