Things you'd like to see addressed during the upcoming polish updates

Morph_GuyMorph_Guy Join Date: 2016-04-21 Member: 216034Members
This thread is for posting about those little things in the game that you'd like to see get polished and fixed. This is less about bugs/glitches and more about things such as weird graphical things or wonky animations you'd like to see fixed.

Comments

• TheBaronHimselfTheBaronHimself Join Date: 2017-03-04 Member: 228580Members
    Further performance improvements, please.
  • adel_50adel_50 Join Date: 2016-09-01 Member: 221973Members
    1- more dialogues for the emperor

2- some sound improvements

3- the cutefish (cuz who doesn't want a friend?)

4-UI improvements for vehicles

5- vo's for the player when seeing certain things (precursor bases,leviathans,hearing the emperor)

6- performance improvements

7-balance changes to some recources (yes copper im talking about you buddy)

8-more of these awsome soundtracks
  • ssutcliffessutcliffe United States Join Date: 2016-11-01 Member: 223565Members
    #1 Fix the docked seamoth pressure compensator always failing on save load bug! It's lasted at least 5 releases, and is consistently repeatable (if docked in a moonpool, it always doesn't work until you swap it out and swap it back - if not docked, it works). This is a serious bug that could cause someone to lose their seamoth if they were new and didn't realize what was causing it.

#2 Change the scanner room alphabetical size limited list to a scrolling list so you can actually scan everything in range! Truly that is more a bug fix then a new feature I think. With luck maybe that will be part of what they do when tweaking the UIs.

#3 A control panel of some sort for bases so you can see structure points left, control the lights, and maybe see a power breakdown.

#4 Fix the drill arm so you don't have to constantly exit the suit to pick up anything you just mined. And don't get me started on trying to use the claw arm... That is an exercise in annoyance, not to mention the fact that most people want to use that second arm slot for something else as a working standard (grapple arm!).

I agree with balancing copper. You mostly can't find it in the Safe Shallows, which can make the early game a pain.

As for graphics animation problems, there can be an occasional glitch when trying to dock the Prawn with the Cyclops that can leave you stuck forever without being able to open the hatch and exit. It seems to be some kind of alignment problem - I've seen it when the submarine is parked close to the ground, or next to a wall. It seems rare though, which is a good thing. We also still have fish swimming through bases sometimes, or in Precursor tunnels going to the caches and warp gates.

• SouthernGorillaSouthernGorilla United States Join Date: 2017-07-26 Member: 232057Members
    ssutcliffe wrote: »
    #1 Fix the docked seamoth pressure compensator always failing on save load bug! It's lasted at least 5 releases, and is consistently repeatable (if docked in a moonpool, it always doesn't work until you swap it out and swap it back - if not docked, it works). This is a serious bug that could cause someone to lose their seamoth if they were new and didn't realize what was causing it.

#2 Change the scanner room alphabetical size limited list to a scrolling list so you can actually scan everything in range! Truly that is more a bug fix then a new feature I think. With luck maybe that will be part of what they do when tweaking the UIs.

#3 A control panel of some sort for bases so you can see structure points left, control the lights, and maybe see a power breakdown.

#4 Fix the drill arm so you don't have to constantly exit the suit to pick up anything you just mined. And don't get me started on trying to use the claw arm... That is an exercise in annoyance, not to mention the fact that most people want to use that second arm slot for something else as a working standard (grapple arm!).

I agree with balancing copper. You mostly can't find it in the Safe Shallows, which can make the early game a pain.

As for graphics animation problems, there can be an occasional glitch when trying to dock the Prawn with the Cyclops that can leave you stuck forever without being able to open the hatch and exit. It seems to be some kind of alignment problem - I've seen it when the submarine is parked close to the ground, or next to a wall. It seems rare though, which is a good thing. We also still have fish swimming through bases sometimes, or in Precursor tunnels going to the caches and warp gates.

Pretty much all of these.

#4 is easily fixed by placing a gravsphere near the ore. That will catch everything that pops loose before it rolls away.

Copper balance is way out of kilter. Two copper to build a picture frame when I can build a planter pot with a single titanium? Absurd. Two copper to put a sign on the wall telling me what's in the locker beneath? Why not something readily obtainable like a dye from one of the many unused plants? With all the copper we need for legitimate things like wire and computer chips it makes no sense for copper to also be essential for trivial things that should be almost effortless to build.
  • SouthernGorillaSouthernGorilla United States Join Date: 2017-07-26 Member: 232057Members
    I thought of something I am absolutely dying to see fixed soon... collisions. This is 2017, we shouldn't have characters floating through walls like some cheap 1980's game. Although it is often handy to be able to catch lunch without leaving my base.
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    About some of the Metal Salvage looking like it's laying in separate parts upon the ocean floor...

I believe that that is supposed to represent it being partially buried in the sand.

B)
  • ShuttleBugShuttleBug USA Join Date: 2017-03-15 Member: 228943Members
    The way stalkers carry metal salvage is really buggy.

Would like to see this fixed.
  • elfcrisiselfcrisis Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230466Members
    @SouthernGorilla
    My grav sphere always gets slowly towed away by the fish it catches. I stopped using it because of that. Otherwise, it would be very handy.
  • FlanpanFlanpan UK Join Date: 2017-05-22 Member: 230681Members
    edited August 2017
    More creature / context sensitive creature behaviours.
    I love when they interact with other creatures and mechanical equipment in different ways.
    Some of them interact in odd ways, like when you look at a Mesmer hypnotising another predator, the mesmer is the one who ends up being bitten.
  • Hulkie2345Hulkie2345 New York Join Date: 2017-08-23 Member: 232598Members
    Allow platforms to snap to the ladder shafts. Make it a little easier to build a second platform level. Aligned to the lower level.
  • ToriessianToriessian United States Join Date: 2017-07-12 Member: 231779Members
    Fix base hatches in VR mode so we can once again enter bases while in VR
  • RalijRalij US Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217092Members
    #4 is easily fixed by placing a gravsphere near the ore. That will catch everything that pops loose before it rolls away.

Why did this never occur to me?! Great idea, I'll have to try that.

The pop-in is the main thing that annoys me, that and getting the leviathans collision with the ground fixed. Though I guess that makes reapers like the sandworm without that fixed... but, uh, no thanks.
  • JarinJarin Los Angeles Join Date: 2013-12-16 Member: 190184Members
    Mushroom forest performance. Just being vaguely near the biome tanks my FPS down to 5 or so.
  • AntonN_AntonN_ Sverige Join Date: 2017-08-26 Member: 232646Members
    Jarin wrote: »
    Mushroom forest performance. Just being vaguely near the biome tanks my FPS down to 5 or so.

Maybe just bad computer?
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    AntonN_ wrote: »

Maybe just bad computer?

Doubtful. You shouldn't get normal performance most everywhere else, and then drop to 5 FPS in one area. Probably just optimization issue (which IIRC they are working on the Mushroom forest specifically, so it makes sense).
  • GlassDeviantGlassDeviant Terra Join Date: 2017-02-27 Member: 228342Members
    Oh dang, for a moment I thought there was going to be a Polish translation released...
  • garathgarath Texas Join Date: 2017-02-08 Member: 227730Members

Maybe just bad computer?

People routinely post specs for computers that should be able to maintain a minimum of 30-60 fps throughout the game but who routinely see drops to 1-5. There are still some rather significant performance issues they need to resolve.
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Oh dang, for a moment I thought there was going to be a Polish translation released...

We do support Polish (in text)

qkVKTjl.png
  • TarkannenTarkannen North Carolina Join Date: 2016-08-15 Member: 221304Members
    garath wrote: »

Maybe just bad computer?

People routinely post specs for computers that should be able to maintain a minimum of 30-60 fps throughout the game but who routinely see drops to 1-5. There are still some rather significant performance issues they need to resolve.

I myself have an eight-year-old computer that has like the basic requirements to run Subnautica, and it runs just fine. But there have been players who have computers that can run Crysis 3 without fail, but have had problems with the same version of Subnautica reporting issues of performance drops and the game crashing. So, it's like @garath said, it's how the system can handle the data and different setups will cause wildly different performance outcomes. By the time 1.0 launches I think we'll all be able to run the game nominally.
  • Morph_GuyMorph_Guy Join Date: 2016-04-21 Member: 216034Members
    DaveyNY wrote: »
    About some of the Metal Salvage looking like it's laying in separate parts upon the ocean floor...

I believe that that is supposed to represent it being partially buried in the sand.

B)

The problem with that is that a lot of the time it isn't buried laying on the ocean floor, such as when it's being picked up by a stalker or when your Cyclops drop them when it explodes.
  • HeartOfTheKINGHeartOfTheKING XBOX ONE Join Date: 2016-05-30 Member: 217758Members
    Upon loading up a saved game all lights are turned on by default for Flashlight, Seamoth, etc... I'd like to see them be either on or off based on what you left them at when you last saved. Also to be able to turn off the headlights for the Prawn Suit. I play on Xbox, so it's possible either of these have been done already. Great thread by the way!
  • orobourosorobouros US Join Date: 2016-04-01 Member: 215163Members
    edited September 2017
    - Pressure compensator not taking effect until re-seated upon reloading the game bug

- Nonsensical and inconsistent (never mind far too large) collission boxes on internal objects and furniture, making it very difficult to place neat-looking interiors. Some things are worse than others, but top of my list would be the ability to place the Nuclear Disposal within 2 full meters of anything else including a wall, placing signs on Reinforcements, Windows, and room / corridor or room / hatch doorframe areas, and placing 4 wall lockers per wall segment in a room. None of which you can do right now.

- Falling through seabase floors glitch

- Cyclops lighting glare blindness (heard rumors this is fixed already? Not that far in stable)

- Being able to see the Seamoth inside the beacon-shut-off-range at night. As it is, it's the single biggest drowning hazard in the game. You follow your beacon back, but as soon as you're within 10 m or so, the whole craft, headlights and all, is completely invisible.

- PRAWN punches should make a Leviathan let go, similar to the Seamoth Perimeter Defense

- Copper balance

- Sandstone balance gold vs. silver; silver drop rate increased markedly since you don't need much of it anymore. That's bogus. 3/1 in favor of gold is about right. Anything worse than 50/50 towards favoring silver is ludicrous, but that's what I'm seeing.

- Basalt balance diamond vs. gold. Maybe I get 1 diamond in 25 basalt. That could be a little better. 1/10 wouldn't break the game. As it is making that drill is all but impossible; there's just not enough basalt outside the endgame caverns (and not guarded by reapers).

- Warper countermeasure that does something / means of making them go away for more than 10 seconds. I don't care if it's expensive or end-game, just give it to us before we can cure ourselves.

- Prevent warpers from camping things not precursor-related (wrecks, Sea Treaders)

- Pathfinding during "leash breaking" behavior. If I hurt a shark and it breaks its leash and flees, it should not swim immediately into the nearest obstacle or cave wall for the duration, then immediately re-leash to that spot and resume attacking me. Makes defenses useless in caves 90% of the time, even big caves like the Lost River.

- Crabsnake population reduced to less than the number of jellyshrooms in the caverns? So they don't have to play musical chairs all the time, filling the water with endless predators?

- Stop a crabsnake in the 'shroom behind the Degasi base from being able to yank you out of it from the inside. Just not fair.

- Restore ability of the Propulsion Cannon to target Drooping Stingers and Crashfish or Sulphur (preferably both) inside their pods (instead of the whole pod, which is useless.

- Lower boneshark population in Underwater Islands. It's truly ridiculous lately.

- Lower boneshark aggressiveness in general and/or restore light sensitivity. Something, anything to make them a creature you can interact with, instead of a video-game enemy that just rushes endlessly the instant it spots you.

- Stop Crabsquid EMP from draining batteries lower than before the blast.

- Stop Crabsquid from using EMP if they are not currently attacking / drawn agro. And maybe a longer personal cooldown on it for them, if you haven't already

- Better means of getting stalker teeth. In the alien containment would be ideal. Processing a tame stalker into some at the Fabricator would also work, and be modestly balanced given how slowly they breed. Anything that's better than watching them play tennis and dodging their attacks to hunt for crap on the ground. That's just tedious.

- Fragment randomization needs to not generate games where there are zero of important fragments (moonpool, laser cutter, mobile vehicle bay) in all major and minor wrecks above 300m, as happens fairly often now, and is my chief reason for restarting or using the console.

- Fragment count resetting on saving or reloading bug

- Don't spawn un-scannable models that are fragment models if they're not actual fragments. Teasing is just cruel when you can't find something.

- PUT LANTERNFRUIT VALUES BETWEEN WHAT THEY WERE AND WHAT THEY ARE NOW, or remove it from the game. Admit you over-nerfed it by a HUGE margin, and make it useful again. 5 food 5 water should be an absolute minimum value for anything with "staple" in its description (even then 10/10 makes more sense).

- Ion batteries should be upgradeable from regular ones, cells too.

- Ion power tech could be available slightly earlier in the game. You've got what, maybe 10 minutes of playtime left in the story by the time you get the blueprint? Not really any point to that, now is there?

- Rebalance quartz costs for building. A multipurpose room costs 6 titanium, a corridor 2 titanium or 4 quartz. Why does a room with windows cost 32 quartz and a corridor with windows (instead of all-glass) cost 12 instead of 4? Make ordinary windows cost 1 glass and glass cost 1 quartz (or 1 quartz and 1 something else, preferably something renewable).

- Small herbivore fish with Carar infection (to use as Warper bait) could be more common. I often go through the whole game and see ONLY un-capturable large fauna, rabbit rays, shuttlebugs, etc. with Carar, never small fish.

- Crashfish damage vs. player in the wild as opposed to damage when used as propulsion cannon ammo is very obviously unbalanced. Either nerf the wild damage or buff the damage when the player uses it. It's very obviously unfair.

- Draw distance / pop-in, both for terrain and, more importantly, for resources. You rely so much on farming mass quantities of things (over and over, due to stingy inventory I know you won't buff), but you can't swim or drive over a section of sea floor and spot the nodes. You have to very slowly swim right up to arms length and then you can see ONE at a time. If you can't go "oh, hey, there's a whole bunch of nodes over there, let me go that way", farming gets even more tedious and boring than it already is. I'd honestly rather have periodic FPS drops to zero back (they're much less common now), than look at a cliff face with 5 Limestone nodes on it, but only be able to see the one right in front of me without swimming up and down it with my mask inches from the rock...

- Restore ability to deconstruct lifepod appliances (fabricator, communications relay), to save on early-game computer chip resources. I can see why you don't want us doing this (potential ability to not be able to make another fabricator & get stuck), but that's what saves are for. While you're at it, let us do the same to salvage equipment in downed lifepods.

- A little bit more (half again, at least) storage in the lifepod would be nice.

- Ability to sit on the lifepod storage bench or seats, to save hunger / thirst.

- Oh, yeah, and stop turning all vehicle lights on by default when changing power cells or reloading the game.

- Ability to turn PRAWN headlights off (not that much of a deal unless you restore light-based agro, which I kind of want you to do as well).
    orobouros wrote: »
    - Pressure compensator not taking effect until re-seated upon reloading the game bug

- Nonsensical and inconsistent (never mind far too large) collission boxes on internal objects and furniture, making it very difficult to place neat-looking interiors. Some things are worse than others, but top of my list would be the ability to place the Nuclear Disposal within 2 full meters of anything else including a wall, placing signs on Reinforcements, Windows, and room / corridor or room / hatch doorframe areas, and placing 4 wall lockers per wall segment in a room. None of which you can do right now.

- Falling through seabase floors glitch

- Cyclops lighting glare blindness (heard rumors this is fixed already? Not that far in stable)

- Being able to see the Seamoth inside the beacon-shut-off-range at night. As it is, it's the single biggest drowning hazard in the game. You follow your beacon back, but as soon as you're within 10 m or so, the whole craft, headlights and all, is completely invisible.

- PRAWN punches should make a Leviathan let go, similar to the Seamoth Perimeter Defense

- Copper balance

- Sandstone balance gold vs. silver; silver drop rate increased markedly since you don't need much of it anymore. That's bogus. 3/1 in favor of gold is about right. Anything worse than 50/50 towards favoring silver is ludicrous, but that's what I'm seeing.

- Basalt balance diamond vs. gold. Maybe I get 1 diamond in 25 basalt. That could be a little better. 1/10 wouldn't break the game. As it is making that drill is all but impossible; there's just not enough basalt outside the endgame caverns (and not guarded by reapers).

- Warper countermeasure that does something / means of making them go away for more than 10 seconds. I don't care if it's expensive or end-game, just give it to us before we can cure ourselves.

- Prevent warpers from camping things not precursor-related (wrecks, Sea Treaders)

- Pathfinding during "leash breaking" behavior. If I hurt a shark and it breaks its leash and flees, it should not swim immediately into the nearest obstacle or cave wall for the duration, then immediately re-leash to that spot and resume attacking me. Makes defenses useless in caves 90% of the time, even big caves like the Lost River.

- Crabsnake population reduced to less than the number of jellyshrooms in the caverns? So they don't have to play musical chairs all the time, filling the water with endless predators?

- Stop a crabsnake in the 'shroom behind the Degasi base from being able to yank you out of it from the inside. Just not fair.

- Restore ability of the Propulsion Cannon to target Drooping Stingers and Crashfish or Sulphur (preferably both) inside their pods (instead of the whole pod, which is useless.

- Lower boneshark population in Underwater Islands. It's truly ridiculous lately.

- Lower boneshark aggressiveness in general and/or restore light sensitivity. Something, anything to make them a creature you can interact with, instead of a video-game enemy that just rushes endlessly the instant it spots you.

- Stop Crabsquid EMP from draining batteries lower than before the blast.

- Stop Crabsquid from using EMP if they are not currently attacking / drawn agro. And maybe a longer personal cooldown on it for them, if you haven't already

- Better means of getting stalker teeth. In the alien containment would be ideal. Processing a tame stalker into some at the Fabricator would also work, and be modestly balanced given how slowly they breed. Anything that's better than watching them play tennis and dodging their attacks to hunt for crap on the ground. That's just tedious.

- Fragment randomization needs to not generate games where there are zero of important fragments (moonpool, laser cutter, mobile vehicle bay) in all major and minor wrecks above 300m, as happens fairly often now, and is my chief reason for restarting or using the console.

- Fragment count resetting on saving or reloading bug

- Don't spawn un-scannable models that are fragment models if they're not actual fragments. Teasing is just cruel when you can't find something.

- PUT LANTERNFRUIT VALUES BETWEEN WHAT THEY WERE AND WHAT THEY ARE NOW, or remove it from the game. Admit you over-nerfed it by a HUGE margin, and make it useful again. 5 food 5 water should be an absolute minimum value for anything with "staple" in its description (even then 10/10 makes more sense).

- Ion batteries should be upgradeable from regular ones, cells too.

- Ion power tech could be available slightly earlier in the game. You've got what, maybe 10 minutes of playtime left in the story by the time you get the blueprint? Not really any point to that, now is there?

- Rebalance quartz costs for building. A multipurpose room costs 6 titanium, a corridor 2 titanium or 4 quartz. Why does a room with windows cost 32 quartz and a corridor with windows (instead of all-glass) cost 12 instead of 4? Make ordinary windows cost 1 glass and glass cost 1 quartz (or 1 quartz and 1 something else, preferably something renewable).

- Small herbivore fish with Carar infection (to use as Warper bait) could be more common. I often go through the whole game and see ONLY un-capturable large fauna, rabbit rays, shuttlebugs, etc. with Carar, never small fish.

- Crashfish damage vs. player in the wild as opposed to damage when used as propulsion cannon ammo is very obviously unbalanced. Either nerf the wild damage or buff the damage when the player uses it. It's very obviously unfair.

- Draw distance / pop-in, both for terrain and, more importantly, for resources. You rely so much on farming mass quantities of things (over and over, due to stingy inventory I know you won't buff), but you can't swim or drive over a section of sea floor and spot the nodes. You have to very slowly swim right up to arms length and then you can see ONE at a time. If you can't go "oh, hey, there's a whole bunch of nodes over there, let me go that way", farming gets even more tedious and boring than it already is. I'd honestly rather have periodic FPS drops to zero back (they're much less common now), than look at a cliff face with 5 Limestone nodes on it, but only be able to see the one right in front of me without swimming up and down it with my mask inches from the rock...

- Restore ability to deconstruct lifepod appliances (fabricator, communications relay), to save on early-game computer chip resources. I can see why you don't want us doing this (potential ability to not be able to make another fabricator & get stuck), but that's what saves are for. While you're at it, let us do the same to salvage equipment in downed lifepods.

- A little bit more (half again, at least) storage in the lifepod would be nice.

- Ability to sit on the lifepod storage bench or seats, to save hunger / thirst.

- Oh, yeah, and stop turning all vehicle lights on by default when changing power cells or reloading the game.

- Ability to turn PRAWN headlights off (not that much of a deal unless you restore light-based agro, which I kind of want you to do as well).

1-with sr 4.0 the cyclops floodlights are extremely buffed

2-imagine a kid puching you will you run away the same thing goes for the prawn against the leviathan

3-predetors must be present in numbers to make certain tools useful like the prawn's propulsion arm

4-crabsquids drains power? Where did you read that they just disable equipments and vehicles they don't drain power

5-in the voice of the deep or the ghost update any equipment that provides light but providing light is not it's primary function the the light it provides doesn't consumes power (your prawn suit's lights don't drain power) yay
  • HeartOfTheKINGHeartOfTheKING XBOX ONE Join Date: 2016-05-30 Member: 217758Members
    edited September 2017
    Even if the Prawn Suit's lights don't drain power anymore I'd still like to be able to turn them off. I like to see everything around me with no artificial light at times, especially in areas where things are glowing!
    Even if the Prawn Suit's lights don't drain power anymore I'd still like to be able to turn them off. I like to see everything around me with no artificial light at times, especially in areas where things are glowing!

Can't argue with that. Some people might not like that but it's a personal preference in the end we will have to wait and see what happens
  • Morph_GuyMorph_Guy Join Date: 2016-04-21 Member: 216034Members

The ability to turn off the lights on Camera Drones would also be nice.