Living walls glitched in Ghost Update?

Alrekr_IronhandAlrekr_Ironhand New Hampshire, US Join Date: 2016-03-22 Member: 214677Members
Is anyone else finding living walls glitched? I went to put a couple of living walls in a multipurpose room and found that not only could I not build them, I couldn't deconstruct the started walls either. So now I have a multipurpose room with three walls I can't do anything with. I can't even deconstruct the room.

What's worse, I subsequently found other things I tried to add to the same base glitching. First a locker, then a multipurpose room. Same thing — partly constructed, cannot complete, cannot deconstruct.

I hope this hasn't corrupted my save, because since Subnautica won't allow us multiple saves of the same gamer, this is the only save I have ... if it's corrupted, I'll have to start over. Again.

Comments

• elfcrisiselfcrisis Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230466Members
    @Alrekr_Ironhand What build are you on? I've seen that happen before with a lot of different stuff, and sometimes you can kind of edge around to one side or another and see it enough to finish building it or deconstruct it if you want. I haven't seen it lately, though.
  • Alrekr_IronhandAlrekr_Ironhand New Hampshire, US Join Date: 2016-03-22 Member: 214677Members
    @elfcrisis, build 52328

I quit to desktop and went back to my last save, living walls still glitched; moved over the last of my stuff from my old basic-compartment base to the new multipurpose-room construction, COMPLETELY emptied out the old compartments, couldn't deconstruct the empty compartments. It STARTS to construct or deconstruct, then there's a kind of a 'snap' sound and that's it, it's hosed, can't do anything more with it.
  • JarinJarin Los Angeles Join Date: 2013-12-16 Member: 190184Members
    edited September 2017
    Try completing the build from outside. That solved it for me.
    Edit: This is specifically regarding the living wall. Not sure about issues with lockers
  • Alrekr_IronhandAlrekr_Ironhand New Hampshire, US Join Date: 2016-03-22 Member: 214677Members
    ARGH! Never mind the additional glitched items. Construction and deconstruction work so much better when you remember to change the habitat builder's battery.

The living walls, however, are still completely, unresponsively glitched.
  • garathgarath Texas Join Date: 2017-02-08 Member: 227730Members
    In build [52986], the Habitat Builder now displays 'No Power!' on the center of the screen when it is equipped and out of power. Awesome new change!

OK, so with a fresh day and a little sleep, I went back and retried the living walls from the outside. And indeed, living walls CAN be constructed and deconstructed from outside the habitat — just not from inside.