No infinite vessel lighting

GlassDeviantGlassDeviant Terra Join Date: 2017-02-27 Member: 228342Members
edited September 2017 in Ideas and Suggestions
I parked my seamoth where I could use it to light the area I am building a new base. For whatever reason, I noted that it had 98% power left. It has not moved in 4 or 5 game days, so no engine power was used. When I entered the seamoth, it was still at 98% power. I wish I could leave my car lights on for 5 days without draining the battery.

P.S.: Thanks for making the seamoth lights have actual beams that you can trace back to the vessel when you have misplaced it or become a little disoriented.

Comments

• 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    I parked my seamoth where I could use it to light the area I am building a new base. For whatever reason, I noted that it had 98% power left. It has not moved in 4 or 5 game days, so no engine power was used. When I entered the seamoth, it was still at 98% power. I wish I could leave my car lights on for 5 days without draining the battery.

P.S.: Thanks for making the seamoth lights have actual beams that you can trace back to the vessel when you have misplaced it or become a little disoriented.

It used to drain power. That's been switched for easier gameplay. Who knows, they might switch it back! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • GlassDeviantGlassDeviant Terra Join Date: 2017-02-27 Member: 228342Members
    Perhaps it was turned off until they get the game closer to 1.0.
  • MuovipulloMuovipullo Join Date: 2017-03-24 Member: 229158Members
    Maybe lights would use energy, but not as much as back then.
  • TarkannenTarkannen North Carolina Join Date: 2016-08-15 Member: 221304Members
    I miss having O2 production consuming energy when just sitting idle in the Seamoth. I know balked against the change initially but it makes sense now that it uses power to maintain life support. For that matter, seabases should require power to maintain lights and O2 production. And I'm not talking about how it operates now, if you build a Bioreactor with just an Acid Mushroom, with no other power drain in the base it will forever stay at 50 power. And that takes away from the survival aspect, as well as reducing the fun management aspect of the game. :(
  • Alrekr_IronhandAlrekr_Ironhand New Hampshire, US Join Date: 2016-03-22 Member: 214677Members
    Muovipullo wrote: »
    Maybe lights would use energy, but not as much as back then.

I always considered it silly that the lights on the Seamoth and Seaglide seemed to use more power than actually moving did. "No, no, that's not how it works!"

Seriously though, if you have a power cell that can drive a not-particularly-streamlined one-man dry minisub five to ten kilometers through the ocean, submerged, at speeds up to about 15 knots, and you add a couple of LED lights to that sub, even at Nightsun levels you're going to be able to run those lights for MONTHS before the power cell even notices. Moving through water fast takes a LOT of power. An LED (or even better efficiency) light? . . . Not so much.
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    W-wait... so all these months I've chanced my life in Reaper territory to turn off those lights... for nothing?! Dang it there goes my life rip.