3-in-1 On the Edge Of Release - Subnautica

SystemSystem Join Date: 2013-01-29 Member: 182599Members, Super Administrators, Reinforced - Diamond

image3-in-1 On the Edge Of Release - Subnautica

Last week, we were prepping a 3-in-1 update for Xbox One launch. We passed the last hurdles with Microsoft, and were running through the final launch sequence checks, when this...

Read the full story here

Comments

• HughHugh Cameraman San Francisco, CA Join Date: 2010-04-18 Member: 71444NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Bump to open comment thread
  • AlteredBuzzardAlteredBuzzard Norwich. UK Join Date: 2016-12-24 Member: 225453Members
    Did the player's character take some LSD before getting the escape pod ? :P
    These things happen, at least it was discovered before you released.
    Best of luck locking this bug down :)
  • FurryfurFurryfur Join Date: 2017-08-28 Member: 232688Members
    This is very unfortunate. Every day since the announcement I had been checking my updates to see if Subnautica had been updated. This game could actually become one of the best ones I've ever played. I just love getting lost in it, playing for hours without even realizing it. However, I'll have to bottle my excitement and be patient. Take your time guys and make the best game that you can.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited August 2017
    And then we have someone last week saying, Subnautica isn't colorful enough :tongue:

That is one helluva trippy bug there, hope you lot are able to squash it soon™
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Skope wrote: »
    So you guys made it possible to eat Acid Mushrooms again, right? ;)

Alright, that's it! We can go home now, bug is feature!
  • obsidian_eclipseobsidian_eclipse uk Join Date: 2017-05-04 Member: 230239Members
    Haha, we could play whilst listening to Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds or anything by Jefferson Airplane.
  • HiguideHiguide NJ Join Date: 2017-04-03 Member: 229385Members
    don't worry its huge improvement over still making tweaks to the engine while being 3 updates behind
  • SoonerbotSoonerbot Join Date: 2017-08-28 Member: 232694Members
    When you decide to accept that Subnautica on Xbox One will never be fixed at this rate because there's always another delay :(
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    And then we have someone last week saying, Subnautica isn't colorful enough :tongue:

Where are you, @garath - this is obviously your doing. :lol:
  • Beta_Tester_ProphetBeta_Tester_Prophet Crysler,Ontario Join Date: 2016-02-29 Member: 213632Members
    New! Subnautica Acid Edition! Just $19.99 get it now! Hahahaha

Atleast it works. I won't even be able to play this week.
  • Beta_Tester_ProphetBeta_Tester_Prophet Crysler,Ontario Join Date: 2016-02-29 Member: 213632Members
    Soonerbot wrote: »
    When you decide to accept that Subnautica on Xbox One will never be fixed at this rate because there's always another delay :(

I hereby banish thy negative feedback to the void and leave you up to the judgement of the ghost leviathans and the sea dragons that reside there
  • VenatiusVenatius US Join Date: 2016-06-02 Member: 217960Members
    Whoaa. Maybe I shouldn't have eaten that rabbit ray...
  • garathgarath Texas Join Date: 2017-02-08 Member: 227730Members
    0x6A7232 wrote: »
    Kouji_San wrote: »

Where are you, @garath - this is obviously your doing. :lol:

LOL! For sure! :)

• obsidian_eclipseobsidian_eclipse uk Join Date: 2017-05-04 Member: 230239Members
    Last week I predicted Tuesday 29th release.. Now it's obviously going to be a bit later so I'm not sure. Next Tuesday? Or coming Friday..
  • Lenny4115Lenny4115 Canada Join Date: 2017-08-28 Member: 232695Members
    At this point subnautica Xbox is half life 3
  • zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    Skope wrote: »
    So you guys made it possible to eat Acid Mushrooms again, right? ;)

New shroom vision discovered !!!

A while after eating the shrooms it takes effect ...

This gimmick should go into the game.
    Haha, we could play whilst listening to Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds or anything by Jefferson Airplane.

I imagine we eat those shrooms. The vision goes crazy. Then music comes to play and we hear strange voices. Until the effects wear off ...
  • Jayson115Jayson115 Newville PA Join Date: 2017-08-03 Member: 232215Members
    guys all you have to do is wait i waited too and loom its almost out in its tough but we can get throught it if we stick together
  • ShuttleBugShuttleBug USA Join Date: 2017-03-15 Member: 228943Members
    edited August 2017
    zetachron wrote: »

I imagine we eat those shrooms. The vision goes crazy. Then music comes to play and we hear strange voices. Until the effects wear off ...

This? ;)
  • EnglishInfidelEnglishInfidel Canada Join Date: 2016-07-04 Member: 219533Members
    edited August 2017
    Great, more time and resources spent on the console peasants instead of getting this obvious PC game working better on the PC.
  • JamezorgJamezorg United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216788Members
    Great, more time and resources spent on the console peasants instead of getting this obvious PC game working better on the PC.

I predict that you'll get a lot of hate for this, but although I don't wholly agree I see where you're coming from. It does feel like a game meant for the PC, but it has also been quite the liberating social experience for me. Having me and a couple of mates sit around a TV either shouting at the man with the controller or just talking makes quite the evening. You can't really do that with other games and see the same results.

But yes, though it pains me to say it, the game does feel like a PC game even when on the Xbox. I rarely play on Xbox, but just watching someone else I get that feeling.
    ShuttleBug wrote: »
    zetachron wrote: »

This? ;)

Hehehe ... not bad ... now only the strange voices ...

(officer keen: seargent I ordered you to shrub that deck clean. why is it still dirty. try harder, harder, harder ...)
    (the girl on the poster: you are the best survivor the galaxy has ever seen. you will make it, make it, make it ...)
    (a reaper: come into my arms, I like snacks to eat. You are so yummy, yummy, yummy ...)
    - wait - (reaper: typical reaper sounds, repeating until fading)
    (the Alterra recruitment officer: You will see worlds no one has seen before. You'll never regret it, regret it, regret it ...)

of course this could also be a playback sound when your vision fades while sleeping.
  • LAZYNOOB2017LAZYNOOB2017 United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-12-31 Member: 225824Members
    Jamezorg wrote: »

What about us console dwellers makes us peasants?
  • gbuzz1216gbuzz1216 Join Date: 2017-03-09 Member: 228771Members
    THIS COULD BE A NEW GAME MODE, AKA "THE HIGH ON ENZYMES MODE!!!"
  • EnglishInfidelEnglishInfidel Canada Join Date: 2016-07-04 Member: 219533Members
    edited August 2017
    What about us console dwellers makes us peasants?

Because peasants are continually slowing down progress of a society or civilisation, demanding resources and causing trouble for the superior noble class. They're a damned nuisance with absolutely no taste or class. Little more than beasts, they should know their place as inferior and mind their manners, impertinent dogs.
    edited August 2017
    Jamezorg wrote: »
    I predict that you'll get a lot of hate for this, but although I don't wholly agree I see where you're coming from. It does feel like a game meant for the PC, but it has also been quite the liberating social experience for me. Having me and a couple of mates sit around a TV either shouting at the man with the controller or just talking makes quite the evening. You can't really do that with other games and see the same results.

But yes, though it pains me to say it, the game does feel like a PC game even when on the Xbox. I rarely play on Xbox, but just watching someone else I get that feeling.

I thrive on hate.

I've seen too many potentially good PC games get ruined, or development slowed down, or end up as unplayable messes, just because the developers stopped focussing on making a great game and instead focussed on making their average game work on multiple platforms.

When a game you paid good money for is performing poorly because it isn't optimised, and you see the developers messing around spending time porting it to console, it's like a slap in the face.
  • JesseSJesseS Canada Join Date: 2017-08-21 Member: 232524Members
    Everytime it's almost fixed shit breaks... Please just hire a group of professionals to help out for a week or two and get the game fixed once and for all.
  • JesseSJesseS Canada Join Date: 2017-08-21 Member: 232524Members

That silver spoon is shoved so far up your ass might as well just call you a hand puppet