update...

2»

Comments

• HeartOfTheKINGHeartOfTheKING XBOX ONE Join Date: 2016-05-30 Member: 217758Members
    edited August 2017
    @Obraxis Hi, I was wondering, will we need to restart our saves when this update releases or will the update merge with current saves? Please let me know, as I really want to play but don't want to put hours into a save just to have to restart next week.
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    @Obraxis Hi, I was wondering, will we need to restart our saves when this update releases or will the update merge with current saves? Please let me know, as I really want to play but don't want to put hours into a save just to have to restart next week.

You wont have to re-start saved games.
  • Aviator1945Aviator1945 Appleton, WI Join Date: 2017-01-02 Member: 225904Members
    Can't wait. Ive stopped myself from playing Subnautica since silent running came out for Steam. The itch is to much now but please take your time to make bit work. Keep it up guys! Its come so far since it first came out.
  • HeartOfTheKINGHeartOfTheKING XBOX ONE Join Date: 2016-05-30 Member: 217758Members
    Obraxis wrote: »

Awesome, thank you, I'll start playing now and get ready to build my Cyclops by the time we're updated. So hyped to try the new sub! Thank you guys for all your hard work.
  • KelliseKellise UK Join Date: 2016-07-23 Member: 220582Members

Awesome, thank you, I'll start playing now and get ready to build my Cyclops by the time we're updated. So hyped to try the new sub! Thank you guys for all your hard work.

Make sure you leave it somewhere safe. When Markiplier updated to Silent running the first time he loaded in his Cyclops had abit of random damage. If that happens somewhere unsafe....yah.
    Kellise wrote: »

Make sure you leave it somewhere safe. When Markiplier updated to Silent running the first time he loaded in his Cyclops had abit of random damage. If that happens somewhere unsafe....yah.

I'll be hanging around the safe shallows, just waiting to build Cyclops 3.0, just want to be ready to build it the moment the update hits. Sssssooooooooooo HYPED! :D:D:D:D:D
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    matijas_05 wrote: »
    f21ijlvcu0lf.png

:-((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

Fudge.

Where'd you find this? Also, why haven't they made any kind of announcement on here or twitter yet? :'(

@HeartOfTheKING We dont work weekends, and we're still trying to figure things out. When we have more info will will say.
    edited August 2017

@Obraxis No problem, sorry if I sounded rude or impatient, wasn't my intention and been so busy I hadn't realized it was the weekend already. Was more or less trying to confirm that info the other guy posted. Anyhow, sorry you guys are having trouble with the update, that's a bummer. I'm completely confident you guys will fix it soon though. Thanks again for all your hard work! And please do enjoy your days off, I know how precious down time is.
    matijas_05 wrote: »
    f21ijlvcu0lf.png

:-((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

Fudge.

Where'd you find this? Also, why haven't they made any kind of announcement on here or twitter yet? :'(

@HeartOfTheKING We dont work weekends, and we're still trying to figure things out. When we have more info will will say.

• FuzzyModz45FuzzyModz45 Arizona Join Date: 2017-01-31 Member: 227472Members
    no update yet....

We're working on it. More news when we have it.
  • OathswornOathsworn Nuneaton Join Date: 2016-12-21 Member: 225271Members
    Hi Folks
    Enjoy your weekend, back to work bright and early monday morning.
    Alright, I have all the Cyclops fragments and materials needed to build it. All that's left now is to wait for the update and I can build a new sub!!! Dive Dive Dive!!!!
  • AnonymousMexican1243AnonymousMexican1243 Join Date: 2017-02-16 Member: 227959Members
    i'm just wondering when you think guys think the update will be released?
  • elfcrisiselfcrisis Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230466Members
    Alright, I have all the Cyclops fragments and materials needed to build it. All that's left now is to wait for the update and I can build a new sub!!! Dive Dive Dive!!!!

Probably you will need to create a new game, though. Or that would be a good idea, anyway.

Could be a week or two. They have to get this graphics glitch ironed out, which I'm not sure they've done yet, then submit the build to Microsoft for their certification process again. Once that's done they go through another round of their own internal testing, then they can release.

I would find something else to do in the meantime and check back in a week or so. c.c
  • CristofCristof Join Date: 2016-11-10 Member: 223778Members
    I'm just curious, not angry or trolling...

But why do they do the more thorough round of testing after it passes the Microsoft test? If it's a bug they are capable of finding themselves why isn't it found before sending it out for cert?

I'm patiently waiting for a fantastic game like the rest of you, but I'm learning alot about game development here and it's a question I've had for a while and asking these questions is as good a way of killing time as any other.
    elfcrisis wrote: »

Could be a week or two. They have to get this graphics glitch ironed out, which I'm not sure they've done yet, then submit the build to Microsoft for their certification process again. Once that's done they go through another round of their own internal testing, then they can release.

I would find something else to do in the meantime and check back in a week or so. c.c

They've already fixed the graphics issue, now they're just waiting to recertify. Probably can't submit till Tuesday cause of labor day though, then internal tests. We may get it this week though. Also I asked and Obraxis said we won't have to restart our saves. Seems pretty sure about it too.
    Cristof wrote: »
    But why do they do the more thorough round of testing after it passes the Microsoft test? If it's a bug they are capable of finding themselves why isn't it found before sending it out for cert?

You know, I'm really not sure about that one. As much as I like to act like I know what I'm talking about, I'm still not a developer myself. Some parts of the process are as yet mysterious to me.

At a guess, though, I'd say it's just one more round of testing, just to be sure. Not necessarily more thorough testing. idk for sure, though.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members

You know, I'm really not sure about that one. As much as I like to act like I know what I'm talking about, I'm still not a developer myself. Some parts of the process are as yet mysterious to me.

At a guess, though, I'd say it's just one more round of testing, just to be sure. Not necessarily more thorough testing. idk for sure, though.

Not sure myself here, but I do know that this glitch IIRC only appeared when the update was transferred to a retail XB1 (vs the more powerful (IIRC) development XB1 console that they develop and test internally on before sending to MS for cert). Thus, I would hazard a guess that after it passes MS cert, it can be manually applied to a retail box for final testing (whereas before, since it wasn't certified by MS, it could only run on a development XB1). So the final round of testing after cert is to be certain it will run on a normal player XB1.

Don't take that as gospel unless a dev confirms though.
    0x6A7232 wrote: »

Not sure myself here, but I do know that this glitch IIRC only appeared when the update was transferred to a retail XB1 (vs the more powerful (IIRC) development XB1 console that they develop and test internally on before sending to MS for cert). Thus, I would hazard a guess that after it passes MS cert, it can be manually applied to a retail box for final testing (whereas before, since it wasn't certified by MS, it could only run on a development XB1). So the final round of testing after cert is to be certain it will run on a normal player XB1.

Don't take that as gospel unless a dev confirms though.

I'm pretty sure your right about this, I imagine they're not even aloud to put it on a retail Xbox before it's passed MS cert. Just how they protect their multi billion dollar industry!
  • DrConfuzzleDrConfuzzle Join Date: 2017-07-23 Member: 231994Members
    Oh, so that's why I there wasn't an update for Subnautica
  • LaughingJackLaughingJack Join Date: 2017-09-06 Member: 232832Members
    Alright, I'm certain I sound like a broken record in all of this, but, where's the full release update? I'm starting to get upset from the frame rate always dropping, and the next screen to essentially load up with the "next best thing to see". I don't want my friends or myself getting more spooked from seeing nothing but a Stalker and some Creepvine on screen for about ten seconds too long, due tothat being how long the frame has dropped for its own reasons. It's like a mehanical cat toy, if the comparison hasn't been made. Fun, one second, broken within minutes.
  • londonsmartlondonsmart anderson south carolina Join Date: 2017-05-26 Member: 230782Members
    ok so from what ive seen the update is next week

Where do you get that? From my understanding they're just waiting for recertification and internal testing, which could happen this week. To clarify, if this seems rude or controversial, that's not my intention. Just wondering if you saw info I missed? B)
    @londonsmart In case it wasn't answered for you yet, Obraxis is one of the Developers of Subnautica and often the one who engages with the community about the current state of the game. Any post from him is credible info.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited September 2017
    Any post from him is credible info.

Well... We do now live on the back of a Reefback. Which is in fact totally credible. As shown by the picture taken from orbit by the man himself. I rest my case 26.gif
  • AnonymousMexican1243AnonymousMexican1243 Join Date: 2017-02-16 Member: 227959Members
    We passed cert today, and we just completed our post-cert testing. Look for an announcement Thursday ;)
    YAY Announcement

I feel like I'm 8 years old again and it's the night before my family and I are going to Disneyland! I don't know how I'm going to sleep tonight! This game is really something special!!
  • londonsmartlondonsmart anderson south carolina Join Date: 2017-05-26 Member: 230782Members

Where do you get that? From my understanding they're just waiting for recertification and internal testing, which could happen this week. To clarify, if this seems rude or controversial, that's not my intention. Just wondering if you saw info I missed? B)
    @londonsmart In case it wasn't answered for you yet, Obraxis is one of the Developers of Subnautica and often the one who engages with the community about the current state of the game. Any post from him is credible info.

SO THATS WHY OBRAXIS IS SO FAMOUS IN THIS WEBSITE :ps i have not been online since the xbox 3 in 1