The Epic Trello Thread

Comments

• 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Does anyone know if the devs actually have the Scanner Room list bug acknowledged? Like they are at least aware, right?
  • garathgarath Texas Join Date: 2017-02-08 Member: 227730Members
    0x6A7232 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the devs actually have the Scanner Room list bug acknowledged? Like they are at least aware, right?

I haven't seen anything on the Trello about it. But that's nothing new. They only just fixed the knife damaging base bug, and that was a bug for 6-8 weeks. During that whole time, I never saw anything about it on the Trello. It's definitely possible I missed it.

But as far as I know, short of creating tons of new threads, there isn't any definitive way to insure the developers / play testers even hear about various bugs.
  • LulzesLulzes Join Date: 2017-07-25 Member: 232050Members
    0x6A7232 wrote: »

I've posted a few times about it. At this stage maybe it's helpful to remind people to press F8 more and report bugs in game even if they are old ones. The devs' bug prioritising process can only work if all the bugs are reported in the first place.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    I tagged Obraxis here (it's been a bug since April at least, I just searched the forums).
  • CoranthCoranth Join Date: 2015-06-02 Member: 205160Members
    OHMYGODIT'SBEENRELEASEDTOSTABLEFINALLY!!!!!! DOWNLOADING THE BIG ONE NOW,
    GUYS! YAAARRRGGHHH!!!!
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    Coranth wrote: »
    OHMYGODIT'SBEENRELEASEDTOSTABLEFINALLY!!!!!! DOWNLOADING THE BIG ONE NOW,
    GUYS! YAAARRRGGHHH!!!!

You do realize that this is not yet the final product, right?
    B)
    @DaveyNY, I know, I'm talking about the Ghost Update!
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    edited August 2017
    Coranth wrote: »
    @DaveyNY, I know, I'm talking about the Ghost Update!

OK ...
    It's just that you called it "... THE BIG ONE..."

I'd save that description for v1.0

B)
  • Morph_GuyMorph_Guy Join Date: 2016-04-21 Member: 216034Members
    Even more checkins:
    52620 /main 2017-08-25 00:55:08 Oliver Hobbs Lost River tunnel to Lava Zone detailed

52621 /main 2017-08-25 00:56:57 Scott Thunelius - Made signal icon smaller

52623 /main 2017-08-25 01:09:27 Scott Thunelius - Massively increased coral tube HP
    Some trello stuff:

https://trello.com/c/qYT4RqNw/6571-increase-constructor-fragment-chance
    Description:
    Even though there are more constructor fragments in the world than seamoth fragments, during our internal playtests we found that most of us completed the seamoth blueprint sooner. The biggest issue seemed to be that constructor fragments spawn in kelp forest, which people tend to avoid like the plague because it's dangerous, whereas seamoth fragments spawn in grassy plateaus, which is relatively easy to navigate.

Jonas Grohmann:
    I think the locations are exactly as they should be, but perhaps the chances of randomly encountering a constructor fragment in kelp forest should be a bit higher. I can also provide analytics data from actual players for verification.

Jonas Grohmann:
    Oh another theory that came up was that constructor fragments are hard to spot. If they came with a crate around them that might help. Kind of going back to the placeholder safe with these crates. Nothing wrong with that. The safe worked really well.

https://trello.com/c/1AduMnd2/6572-spawn-a-breakable-resource-in-safe-shallows
    Description:
    Breakable resources like limestone outcrops are an important cornerstone of gathering materials. We're not doing a particularly great job at communicating that there is are different types of outcrops yielding different types of materials.

Disregarding the two giant coral tubes we're not spawning any outcrops in safe shallows, making it difficult for new players to get familiar with the concept of outcrops in the first place.

Jonas Grohmann:
    I suggest greatly simplifying what's inside breakable resources. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jdeowF-TlDfLbBfoWOTITqVYZ3dHlNmeHtPwA2HoW_s/edit?usp=sharing

Jonas Grohmann:
    I also suggest spawning some limestone on walls in safe shallows.

https://trello.com/c/deleCjcO/6567-optimise-mushroom-forest

There was also this checkin, which talks about model/texture updaters. Stalker_02 tooth is obviously the new Stalker Tooth model, but I don't know what "Coral_reef_small_deco_07" is. If anyone can figure this out please tell me.
    52651 /main 2017-08-25 21:59:30 Maxim Vigovsky Coral_reef_small_deco_07 fix, Stalker_02 tooth
  • TarkannenTarkannen North Carolina Join Date: 2016-08-15 Member: 221304Members
    Morph_Guy wrote: »
    Some trello stuff:

Jonas Grohmann:
    I suggest greatly simplifying what's inside breakable resources. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jdeowF-TlDfLbBfoWOTITqVYZ3dHlNmeHtPwA2HoW_s/edit?usp=sharing

I greatly approve of this suggested change! :love: I can't tell you how frustrating it is to keep getting Titanium/Lead when you need Copper, or the vast amounts of Gold I leave on the ocean floor due to not having a high demand for it, even with the recipe change for Computer Chips - these proposals would definitely make getting unnecessary resources less frustrating and make it so specific outcroppings are more specific for particular ore types.

I do have a concern with the proposed changes, though... Do we really need a 50% chance of Titanium across all of the outcroppings? I mean, I realize that Titanium is used for pretty much the course of the game, and later-game items like vehicles also require Titanium Ingots, which in turn requires lots of Titanium Ore. If the proposed changes go through, could we have the Metal Salvage removed from the game, or at least TONE DOWN the spawn frequency of them? I mean, if we're to have a 250% chance of Titanium appearing across all outcroppings in the game... do we really need even more unnecessary Titanium at our disposal? :pensive:

And while we're on that subject, can the "duplicate fragment scans award Titanium x2" rule be adjusted as well? For one, it seems silly that duplicate Power Transmitter fragments (so small!) give Titanium x2, but duplicate Scanner Room fragments (much larger with more surface area) also gives the same amount of Titanium... It seems weird that two vastly-different sized fragments give the exact same amount of Titanium. And on a much more important tactic: Seamoth fragments also consist of Glass, and MVB fragments consist of Lubricant - in addition to them also having Titanium. Could some fragments have a chance to give useful stuff besides Titanium? It would make scanning extra unlocked fragments more reasonable, if there was a chance you could get more useful and less common materials. I mean... It seems very unusual that the Scanner apparently can only focus on retrieving just one element from the variety of materials that can be salvaged from the world. :confused:
  • DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
    edited August 2017
    Tarkannen wrote: »
    Some trello stuff:

Jonas Grohmann:

I greatly approve of this suggested change! :love: I can't tell you how frustrating it is to keep getting Titanium/Lead when you need Copper, or the vast amounts of Gold I leave on the ocean floor due to not having a high demand for it, even with the recipe change for Computer Chips - these proposals would definitely make getting unnecessary resources less frustrating and make it so specific outcroppings are more specific for particular ore types.

I do have a concern with the proposed changes, though... Do we really need a 50% chance of Titanium across all of the outcroppings? I mean, I realize that Titanium is used for pretty much the course of the game, and later-game items like vehicles also require Titanium Ingots, which in turn requires lots of Titanium Ore. If the proposed changes go through, could we have the Metal Salvage removed from the game, or at least TONE DOWN the spawn frequency of them? I mean, if we're to have a 250% chance of Titanium appearing across all outcroppings in the game... do we really need even more unnecessary Titanium at our disposal? :pensive:

And while we're on that subject, can the "duplicate fragment scans award Titanium x2" rule be adjusted as well? For one, it seems silly that duplicate Power Transmitter fragments (so small!) give Titanium x2, but duplicate Scanner Room fragments (much larger with more surface area) also gives the same amount of Titanium... It seems weird that two vastly-different sized fragments give the exact same amount of Titanium. And on a much more important tactic: Seamoth fragments also consist of Glass, and MVB fragments consist of Lubricant - in addition to them also having Titanium. Could some fragments have a chance to give useful stuff besides Titanium? It would make scanning extra unlocked fragments more reasonable, if there was a chance you could get more useful and less common materials. I mean... It seems very unusual that the Scanner apparently can only focus on retrieving just one element from the variety of materials that can be salvaged from the world. :confused:

Cosigning this. It would be less "fun" to have a 50/50 system only, but the proposed simplification has its appeal. I presume lead will become a direct harvestable a la lithium?

Everything 50% titanium is not something that sounds great, though. Titanium out of outcrops is inferior to scrap metal and scans anyway, and those you can find plenty of for multiple bases with little effort. I suspect that a system like this, without changes like scans getting more resource reward variety, would make outcrop hunting frustrating and boring. I'm also having some worries about the accessibility of shale, as I never find it as early or as many of it as I do the others. Locking an ingredient exclusively (pre-PRAWN) to it sounds like it might be a problem.

Any info on plans for "organic" outcrops, like sea treader ones, barnacles, and pinecones?
  • garathgarath Texas Join Date: 2017-02-08 Member: 227730Members
    This is interesting:

52709 /main 2017-08-29 02:01:31 Scott Thunelius Made Disinfected water give x2 bottles, but 25% less water value
    52708 /main/Made Disinfected water give x2 bottles, but 25% less water value 2017-08-29 01:59:26 Scott Thunelius Made Disinfected water give x2 bottles, but 25% less water value

• DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
    garath wrote: »
    This is interesting:
    52709 /main 2017-08-29 02:01:31 Scott Thunelius Made Disinfected water give x2 bottles, but 25% less water value
    52708 /main/Made Disinfected water give x2 bottles, but 25% less water value 2017-08-29 01:59:26 Scott Thunelius Made Disinfected water give x2 bottles, but 25% less water value

Interesting, yes, welcome, no. Why is this change necessary? To up the value of the filtration machine that you annoyingly can only get in one place?! Like, I get this gives a +20 boost when fabricating, but it's still a -10 loss when finding + an annoying increase in item management. It certainly doesn't vibe with the whole "prepare water in supply in advance" like if I've got the space for it.
  • baronvonsatanbaronvonsatan TX, USA Join Date: 2016-12-01 Member: 224415Members
    So, to be clear: crafting disinfected water gives you two bottles with a value of 30 for a total of 60. That said, I welcome this change because holy crap are there a lot of disinfected water bottles hanging around in large wrecks, around the Aurora, and on the Aurora itself. By the time I run out of those, I'll already have a couple of WFMs sitting idle. I'd be happier if crafting just gave one bottle instead of two.
    DrownedOut wrote: »
    garath wrote: »
    This is interesting:

Interesting, yes, welcome, no. Why is this change necessary? To up the value of the filtration machine that you annoyingly can only get in one place?! Like, I get this gives a +20 boost when fabricating, but it's still a -10 loss when finding + an annoying increase in item management. It certainly doesn't vibe with the whole "prepare water in supply in advance" like if I've got the space for it.

Well, it's kind of silly to have an easily craftable water with a value of +40, when the strongest (and arguably hardest to make due to power demand and ease of access to unlock) with a value of +50. I mean, why even bother with a Water Filtration Machine when you can just stockpile Bleach for a slight loss but have a much better on-demand need?

Like @baronvonsatan said, there are a LOT of Disinfected Water botlles in and around the Aurora. At +40 value you'll be wasting a lot of space if you collect it all, given how slowly we dehydrate in the game. I for one welcome this change, as it makes more realistic sense... Now if we could just reduce the Nutrient Block from +75 to just +25, we'll be in business! :blush:

I know that last line will get a lot of Disagrees, but come on. How can a tiny granola bar-sized block of pre-processed food give a tremendous more amount of food than a Cooked Reginald, which is the size of a football and has actual nutritients? You could say "it's the future!" or "food preparation is smarter now" but when you dehydrate plants and berries, you lose a lot of its nutritional value versus eating them raw - and that's not even counting blending that mess into a processed brick of "food"... :neutral:

This is why seeing threads about allowing us to make our own Nutrient Blocks frustrates me so - it would take an actual banquet table of food in order to process down to equal the Food value one Block gives. And heck, if we could make our own +75 Food items, why even bother catching fish? At lest if the NB are reduced to +25 Food value, it would be both more practical and more realistic... :pensive:
    edited August 2017
    Trello stuff:
    Add stillsuit, dive suit and vehicle modification station databoxes

Reduce Crash Fish damage vs Seamoth
    trello wrote:
    Hear reports of Crash Fish destroying Seamoths in 1 hit. Let's check into the damage values of Crash Fish vs Seamoth, and reduce substantially, if true.

stalker teeth animation
    trello wrote:
    Think we have an animation for the stalker biting metal. We can add a tooth snapping to that animation.

Snaps off, flings free, and then physics takes it over.

Constructor Use Animation
    trello wrote:
    I added the cinematic where the player grabs the constructor console when he is using it. I've set up the Player Cinematic Controllers on the unequipped model within the prefab. Basically it should play the engage cinematic first while the player is using the constructor, and then when they exit the menu or build something it would play the disengage cinematic and then release the player. So it kind of works like sitting on a bench or using the cyclops...

This is all re-set up on 52826 now and ready to go as of 8/30/17.

Please let me know if you have any questions

Improve Reefback obstacle avoidance
    trello wrote:
    Reefbacks currently have a big problem of jamming themselves into terrain and player's bases, and getting stuck there, which looks pretty ridiculous.

Tune avoid-obstacles behavior to improve the situation with terrain obstacles and see if there's anything that can be done about bases.
    Checkins:

52857 /main 2017-08-31 09:45:08 Louis Karim Updated cutefish snack animation

52860 /main 2017-08-31 10:47:33 Simon Chylinski adding entrance sounds for exo and seamoth also docking and undock sounds for exo into the moonpool

52863 /main 2017-08-31 11:23:21 Simon Chylinski new sounds for docking and undocking the saemoth into the cyclops

52870 /main 2017-08-31 13:24:08 Simon Chylinski sound to let players know when a stalker has lost its tooth

52872 /main/ig sound fixes 2017-08-31 13:30:49 Igor Popov hooked up enter exo sound

52873 /main 2017-08-31 13:40:34 Igor Popov hooked up some exo and seamoth sounds

52876 /main/Kiel_LavaBaseMaterialUpdates 2017-08-31 16:55:38 Kiel McDonald Lava Base exterior material updates

52885 /main/ck - Seadragon animByVel tweaks 2017-08-31 21:38:40 Colin Knueppel Adjusting seadragon locomotion and animate by velocity to fix stiffness in body.

52886 /main/Kiel_LavaBaseMaterialUpdates 2017-08-31 21:49:12 Kiel McDonald Replaced all Cables with new prefabs, tweaked exterior lighting
    52919 /main/Added rpm based sounds to seaglide, seamoth. Added volumetric lighting to Seamoth. Added rpm based sounds to seaglide, seamoth. Added volumetric lighting to Seamoth.
  • the_marinerthe_mariner US of A Join Date: 2016-12-29 Member: 225653Members
    edited September 2017
    This is what the new Alien Thermal Plant lighting update looks like:
    Before:
    LavaBefore_01.png
    After:
    LavaAfter_01.png
    *shudder* Eerie. The new lighting map makes the Thermal Plant look way more sinister than it should.
    @Morph_Guy ...I don't get it, what exactly was changed? Both pictures look identical in lighting to me... Other than different camera angles, I can't tell any difference between the two pics. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for ambiance changes (hooray for the new Grand Reef!) but personally the Alien Thermal Plant area looks just as nauseating now as it did before. :pensive:
    The exterior lighting is more red now, instead of the old green color it had before.
  • RalijRalij US Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217092Members
    More reflections and shadows mostly. It's most apparent on the cables to the left. @tarkannen
  • baronvonsatanbaronvonsatan TX, USA Join Date: 2016-12-01 Member: 224415Members
    YES! VOLUMETRIC LIGHTING ADDED TO THE SEAMOTH! I have wanted this update since I first started in March. THANK YOU DEVS!!!
    edited September 2017
    This is what the new Seamoth lights look like in game:
    image.png
    Obviously still a WIP but it's looking great so far.

There was also this which is pretty cool even if isn't exactly a trello or checkins thing.
  • AvimimusAvimimus Join Date: 2016-03-28 Member: 214968Members
    This is what the new Seamoth lights look like in game:
    image.png
    Obviously still a WIP but it's looking great so far.

There was also this which is pretty cool even if isn't exactly a trello or checkins thing.

That is really impressive. I hope it illuminates the landscape (rather than just the water) though. That has been the main issue so far (that and glass being lit up from the inside).
    I hope this doesn't make the lights unusable like those on the Cyclops...