Feedback on the player model

Timelord_FredTimelord_Fred Join Date: 2017-07-05 Member: 231596Members
I noticed there seemed to be some in treat in discussing this on the page requesting a female player model, so here is a thread specifically for that. Here is an image of the player in 3rd person

suits-blog-618x510.jpg

Comments

• SpleftSpleft Join Date: 2017-07-22 Member: 231969Members
    They should add a third person, a mirror, or the ability to see your reflecting from the surface so we can see the entire body and face of the player model
  • PowerPistonsPowerPistons Neverland Join Date: 2017-08-07 Member: 232266Members
    Spleft wrote: »
    They should add a third person, a mirror, or the ability to see your reflecting from the surface so we can see the entire body and face of the player model

If you put a window on the scanner room and use the camera, you can partially see your face.
  • sayerulzsayerulz oregon Join Date: 2015-04-15 Member: 203493Members
    Just to drive the point home:

?u=http%3A%2F%2Fi2.kym-cdn.com%2Fphotos%2Fimages%2Ffacebook%2F000%2F861%2F748%2Fd58.jpg&f=1
  • polvompolvom Join Date: 2017-08-10 Member: 232335Members
    Perhaps we are just far enough in the future and have spent so much time in zero/low gravity environments that humans in this world have evolved in this fashion. He may look completely normal to the other humans in this world.

As far as a female model goes I wouldn't mind seeing one. If the option is available I do usually choose female characters. I do not see it as a necessity though as it is a first person game at present and there is no real voice acting for the main character.
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    edited August 2017
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    Might as well throw this one in here as well than, so you can see what's wrong with him. And do keep in mind, this lad allegedly lives in the same universe as the NS2 marines, who look like normal humans... His ears bother me the most, they are too damn low on his head, but hey that elongated head kinda causes that, I guess :D

36177452101_9351021cff_z.jpg

You've made him go from looking like Horshack to Cary Grant...
    Nice.

B)
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    gamer1000k wrote: »
    Might as well throw this one in here as well than, so you can see what's wrong with him. And do keep in mind, this lad allegedly lives in the same universe as the NS2 marines, who look like normal humans... His ears bother me the most, they are too damn low on his head, but hey that elongated head kinda causes that, I guess :D

Doesn't fix the hair, but at least now he looks like a normal human and not some mutant.

I was out of magic, the sheer amount you'd need to fix that... I don't think there's enough magic in the world :D
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    edited August 2017

Doesn't fix the hair, but at least now he looks like a normal human and not some mutant.

I was out of magic, the sheer amount you'd need to fix that... I don't think there's enough magic in the world :D

Magic isn't the answer, a strong shampoo and shears would work just fine.
    (and a whole lot less of gel!)

B)
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    DaveyNY wrote: »

Magic isn't the answer, a strong shampoo and shears would work just fine.
    (and a whole lot less of gel!)

B)

Hey Davey, you bojo! A strong shampoo won't work on this waterproof hairdo... Unless you've got magical power!
  • EnglishInfidelEnglishInfidel Canada Join Date: 2016-07-04 Member: 219533Members
    It's the big, flubbery lips that bug me most... they're so punchable.
  • JarinJarin Los Angeles Join Date: 2013-12-16 Member: 190184Members
    edited August 2017
    I'm gonna join the cool outcast kids with the unpopular opinion and say that I like the stylized design. A number of elements in this game are vaguely cartoonish in aesthetic, and I think the player model fits that fine.
  • SouthernGorillaSouthernGorilla United States Join Date: 2017-07-26 Member: 232057Members
    Jarin wrote: »
    I'm gonna join the cool outcast kids with the unpopular opinion and say that I like the stylized design. A number of elements in this game are vaguely cartoonish in aesthetic, and I think the player model fits that fine.

I agree. The Seamoth doesn't really look like a functional submersible and that's just the first example that comes to mind of the hint of cartoon in the game. Aside from the color palette being very Looney Tunes. But I don't mean any of that in a derogatory sense. I like the way it looks and I like the goofball mutant character. Plus I never see him in the game.