Question about plants and bioluminescence in the game

baronvonsatanbaronvonsatan TX, USA Join Date: 2016-12-01 Member: 224415Members
Why is it that the only plant that does not lose its luminescence when planted in an external growbed is the Creepvine? I don't just mean glowing; I mean actually performing as a light source. Eyestalks (for example) throw off no light when planted, but found out in the world they illuminate places handily.

Is this a bug, or a feature?

Comments

• ShuttleBugShuttleBug USA Join Date: 2017-03-15 Member: 228943Members
    I think its a bug for now. should be fixed eventually
  • ssutcliffessutcliffe United States Join Date: 2016-11-01 Member: 223565Members
    The only plant that seems to lose it's luminescence when planted that I've seen is the bloodvine... The creepvines are just super bright, and if you plant them next to other plants, they will drown out everything else.

I'm not sure if they are actually supposed to be that bright - perhaps that IS a bug. The others definitely fluoresce though. You can see if in the dark as long as you don't plant the creepvines in the same planter, or too close.
  • Timelord_FredTimelord_Fred Join Date: 2017-07-05 Member: 231596Members
    edited August 2017
    Creep vines are WAY to bright. I planted some outside my base and at night, you could see their lights. I don't have any windows, it's going through solid wall
    EDIT: The walls aren't solid. This is an Alterra building after all
  • baronvonsatanbaronvonsatan TX, USA Join Date: 2016-12-01 Member: 224415Members
    ssutcliffe wrote: »
    The only plant that seems to lose it's luminescence when planted that I've seen is the bloodvine... The creepvines are just super bright, and if you plant them next to other plants, they will drown out everything else.

I'm not sure if they are actually supposed to be that bright - perhaps that IS a bug. The others definitely fluoresce though. You can see if in the dark as long as you don't plant the creepvines in the same planter, or too close.

Try it with Eyestalks, Membrain Trees, Rouge Cradles, etc.
  • Crewman87Crewman87 Join Date: 2016-12-14 Member: 224967Members
    I prefer the creepvines lighting, as it saves me from using floodlights that are a pain to manage power wise.
  • scifiwriterguyscifiwriterguy Sector ZZ-9-Plural Z-α Join Date: 2017-02-14 Member: 227901Members
    Creepvine brightness can be useful. An exterior growbed and a creepvine placed anywhere is a copper-free beacon replacement. I use 'em for lighthouses. :)