Female Avatar Option Plz

124»

Comments

• Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited August 2017
    DaveyNY wrote: »
    His head is perfect...

If one likes looking like an Angel FIsh.
    71_thumb.jpg

:o

That would explain why he has no head in third person/free cam mode... His head is swimming around. Maybe he's like Earthworm Jim, but instead of worm dude he's a Angelfish dude

giphy.gif
  • Casual_PlayerCasual_Player That...is a really good question Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221875Members
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    After little to no pondering I have come to a conclusion: the current avatar needs to be redone. I don't care if the devs wait for the last update on the roadmap, but the model needs to be redone. This guy is just unnatural!

Is this what you want :open_mouth:
    36177452101_c985436681_o.jpg

I mean I get the "unique look" they're going for, but knowing this guy lives in the same universe as these lads and lassies. He does look a bit odd... Especially his ears seem too low on his head.

marines_1680x1050.jpgFemaleNS2Marine.jpg
    b13364468a0901ea31a94825d9bb7e0146155d7f.jpg

Now that I'm looking to it, the reinforced suit looks more to being purposed to increased strengh than physical resistance. All those wires...
  • Timelord_FredTimelord_Fred Join Date: 2017-07-05 Member: 231596Members
    After little to no pondering I have come to a conclusion: the current avatar needs to be redone. I don't care if the devs wait for the last update on the roadmap, but the model needs to be redone. This guy is just unnatural!

I mean I get the "unique look" they're going for, but knowing this guy lives in the same universe as these lads and lassies. He does look a bit odd... Especially his ears seem too low on his head.

Now that I'm looking to it, the reinforced suit looks more to being purposed to increased strengh than physical resistance. All those wires...

That's a still suit
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue

That's a still suit

It suits him well....

o/
  • Casual_PlayerCasual_Player That...is a really good question Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221875Members

That's a still suit

Yes, now the wires makes sense...
  • GerogeRomeroGerogeRomero Jakobdavin@gmail.com Join Date: 2017-07-31 Member: 232164Members
    Xautos wrote: »
    With all due respect, dont you think they have much, MUCH bigger problems to worry about than catering to the small female demographic that wont play games unless there is a female avatar?...

it's only a discussion at this point and if the devs do get around to it on their own time then Kudos.
    I see this thread as an excuse to talk about
    Woman's​ body's

The male PC isn't exactly right either, the hips and legs are starters, to a lesser extent the hands, feet and head. it's more than just the female form though, it's about finding what the right proportions are to the PC models, be it male or female.

I know this, the OP just seemed very...demanding about it is all
  • NuclearTestingNuclearTesting Join Date: 2017-07-27 Member: 232082Members
    edited August 2017
    ShuttleBug wrote: »

The game does take place very far in the future (not sure if an exact date was givin) so one can assume the current fashion trends have changed dramatically. 100 years ago people dressed up for school. Today you have to look as casual as possible. Who knows what horrors will spawn in 100 years :lol:

I get fashion trends but... this is a growth trend. I mean it's just... not right! That body... his head...
    it's nightmare fuel! It needs to be fixed.
  • ShuttleBugShuttleBug USA Join Date: 2017-03-15 Member: 228943Members

The game does take place very far in the future (not sure if an exact date was givin) so one can assume the current fashion trends have changed dramatically. 100 years ago people dressed up for school. Today you have to look as casual as possible. Who knows what horrors will spawn in 100 years :lol:

I get fashion trends but... this is a growth trend. I mean it's just... not right! That body... his head...

It could be a form of genetic modification that makes the person appear taller and more thin idk

Still the Frontiersmen AKA TSF marines, allegedly in the same Universe, don't look like Tadpole Bob here :D
    Still the Frontiersmen AKA TSF marines, allegedly in the same Universe, don't look like Tadpole Bob here :D

It could be a form of genetic modification that makes the person appear taller and more thin idk

Genetic modification would be more suited to volunteers from the TSF Marines or military special forces against the Khaara instead of civilians, like dear old Bob here.
  • Timelord_FredTimelord_Fred Join Date: 2017-07-05 Member: 231596Members
    Long term Space travel could have messed with his skeletal structure
  • garathgarath Texas Join Date: 2017-02-08 Member: 227730Members

Don't dis those genetic modifications to our boy... They are what enabled him to survive when everyone else died. :)
  • FathomFathom Earth Join Date: 2016-07-01 Member: 219405Members
    Art style. It's different.
  • sayerulzsayerulz oregon Join Date: 2015-04-15 Member: 203493Members
    garath wrote: »

Don't dis those genetic modifications to our boy... They are what enabled him to survive when everyone else died. :)

He's just so ugly that the warpers can barely work up the courage to go near him.
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    edited August 2017
    I figured it all out...

He use to have a much rounder head, but then the cover plate hits him at the start of the game...

He ends up looking like that.

B)
  • dealwithitdogdealwithitdog Texas Join Date: 2016-06-09 Member: 218343Members
    DaveyNY wrote: »
    I figured it all out...

He use to have a much rounder head, but then the cover plate hits him at the start of the game...

He ends up looking like that.

B)

Instantly thought of this.
    What about his body being semi squished because of space time compression of the ftl thingy shenaniganian? Plot device?
    What about his body being semi squished because of space time compression of the ftl thingy shenaniganian? Plot device?

I'm pretty sure that if any outside force squeezed your body into this hideous shape you would be dead and then some. I also don't really see what bearing on the plot it could have.
  • joni65joni65 Kansas Join Date: 2016-06-19 Member: 218763Members
    edited August 2017
    While I definitely want a female character in the game, my only question right now is... What in the unknown world is going on with the camel toe on the OP skinny model?
    edited August 2017
  • jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    Man this thread is interesting
    giphy.gif
    Well, I think that everyone will be pleased to know that they haven't perpetuated any unfair hollywood standards for women's bodies, that only like 5% of people could ever achieve.

They have, however, created an entirely new unrealistic standard that not even 5% of people could achieve and that no one actually wants too anyway.

I mean come on, what is up with those boobs? Has anyone ever seen boobs do that? I'll admit I'm not an expert, being a man of rock-hard pecs and gentlemanly virtue, but that does not seem right.
    edited August 2017
    Well to be fair, the wetsuit probably "shapes" them boobies this way...
  • joni65joni65 Kansas Join Date: 2016-06-19 Member: 218763Members

sayerulz wrote: »
    Well, I think that everyone will be pleased to know that they haven't perpetuated any unfair hollywood standards for women's bodies, that only like 5% of people could ever achieve.

They have, however, created an entirely new unrealistic standard that not even 5% of people could achieve and that no one actually wants too anyway.

I mean come on, what is up with those boobs? Has anyone ever seen boobs do that? I'll admit I'm not an expert, being a man of rock-hard pecs and gentlemanly virtue, but that does not seem right.

Yeah, they look like miniature Madonna booby cones