Bigger Submarine Concept - My own 3D model

Comments

• WiirlakWiirlak Blaton Join Date: 2017-05-26 Member: 230772Members
    I would see it, as long as it isnt too long
  • SAPH3RESAPH3RE Join Date: 2016-04-18 Member: 215908Members
    Or, maybe you can do some sort of stream? Where players can suggest ideas and ALSO see you doing the modelling!
    Also, not sure if you responded to the youtube video, but this is what I meant by a bigger Aquarium:
    http://prntscr.com/fs60w3

And also, I am able to contact the devs for you if you want! Just ask.
  • MinderMinder France Join Date: 2016-08-13 Member: 221263Members
    Ok guys!!! I finally put my hands on a video editing software! (cause i have up to more than 250 go of videos for now xD)
    I'm so happy because i have sony vegas pro 12 now, this is the software i used a long time ago for my videos, and it is so great!
    I am gonna start right away!
    But i won't do streaming (because nobody would watch it live) and no vocal neither, because i'm not really used to this, and because english is not my mother tongue ^^ But i will try to make the videos short, with timelapses, cuts, and i will put annotations to try to explain what i am doing.
    SAPH3RE wrote: »
    Or, maybe you can do some sort of stream? Where players can suggest ideas and ALSO see you doing the modelling!
    Also, not sure if you responded to the youtube video, but this is what I meant by a bigger Aquarium:
    http://prntscr.com/fs60w3

And also, I am able to contact the devs for you if you want! Just ask.

@SAPH3RE oh yeah! i totally forgot to answer you ... sorry :'( But anyway, that's really great from you to illustrate your idea with a picture! But dude, you have to keep in mind the shape of the room, this is totally different from what you did, i really can't make your idea, there would be no space at all for other things :/
    And how are you able to contact the devs? ^^ But still, i don't want to do it right now, i will do it myself, when the Atlas will be finished :)
  • SAPH3RESAPH3RE Join Date: 2016-04-18 Member: 215908Members
    @Minder
    Well, it's ok, at least I got an answer, but, I do get what you mean.
    For the devs part, I have my ways :smile: .
    Just ask if you want to be in contact with them, I'll tell you how to be in contact with them about the project.
    edited July 2017
    Hi guys, I finally put at least two videos on youtube ( 20 minutes each), during the week i work so it's nice ahah ^^
    You can see how i'm working, and the advancement of the interior, but don't worry, if you don't want to see the videos, i'm still gonna put updates here when there will be enough changes.
    Anyway, i think i won't do a lot a those videos, they take me too much time i could spend on the 3D model.
    But still tell me your thoughts on this!
    Here are the links :

Enjoy! :D

And thank you @SAPH3RE, but it will not be the case soon ^^
  • JamescellJamescell American Alpine Biome Join Date: 2015-08-18 Member: 207249Members
    I think this would be great as a cyclops remodel. It doesn't need to be bigger and the interior could largely be the same as the current version. It just looks a whole lot nicer.
    Welcome back guys! Sorry (again? xD) for the lack of updates, but i have been quite busy and have been doing some other big stuff. But i still have work a lot on the Atlas! The thing is that, is spend more creating content for youtube and not the forum. So if you want to see what are the last improvements, go check my videos on my channel.
    There is a few points i want to tell you :
    First, DoubleJ, a popular subnautica youtube, just made a video about the project! I'm so happy, my model finally is getting some attention! I highly recommend you to watch his video presenting the project :
    This will help me to have more chances for the devs to accept it!
    Second, I have make other videos of make modelling the Atlas, and the new feature is commentary! Yes, i'm talking live to explain a bit better what is going on.
    Third, the rough version of the interior is finished! This means that the general idea of the inside is done, therefore i can move on and work on the final version, with all the details and the fancy stuff! I won't show you screenshots because it's quite boring, especially without texture, videos with motions are far more interesting.
    Here are the links to the videos :

If you don't want to watch those long videos, and you want something more condensed, just wait until i have a really good version to show and make it a shot presentation video about it :)

• ShuttleBugShuttleBug USA Join Date: 2017-03-15 Member: 228943Members
    Minder wrote: »
    Welcome back guys! Sorry (again? xD) for the lack of updates, but i have been quite busy and have been doing some other big stuff. But i still have work a lot on the Atlas! The thing is that, is spend more creating content for youtube and not the forum. So if you want to see what are the last improvements, go check my videos on my channel.
    There is a few points i want to tell you :
    First, DoubleJ, a popular subnautica youtube, just made a video about the project! I'm so happy, my model finally is getting some attention! I highly recommend you to watch his video presenting the project :
    This will help me to have more chances for the devs to accept it!
    Second, I have make other videos of make modelling the Atlas, and the new feature is commentary! Yes, i'm talking live to explain a bit better what is going on.
    Third, the rough version of the interior is finished! This means that the general idea of the inside is done, therefore i can move on and work on the final version, with all the details and the fancy stuff! I won't show you screenshots because it's quite boring, especially without texture, videos with motions are far more interesting.
    Here are the links to the videos :

If you don't want to watch those long videos, and you want something more condensed, just wait until i have a really good version to show and make it a shot presentation video about it :)

Wow can't believe your still going strong on this project :D

Keep up the great work and take as much time as you need to get it right!
  • RaphaelFellerRaphaelFeller cm8 1ag Join Date: 2017-08-04 Member: 232228Members
    What did you use to make it?
  • VoxelVoxel Join Date: 2017-07-10 Member: 231713Members
    What about a scanner room? That would be awesome!
  • PowerPistonsPowerPistons Neverland Join Date: 2017-08-07 Member: 232266Members
    What did you use to make it?

He started the original in Blender, then created the current one in Maya and textured in Photoshop.
  • jeodjeod Stuck in Aperture Join Date: 2017-04-12 Member: 229591Members
    I know it's been a while, but I want to say:
    We're all still with you! Don't give up!

/and do you have cookies?/
  • LazulazuLazulazu Join Date: 2016-11-18 Member: 224057Members
    I personally think the peepers on the side are a little too cartoony....
  • Samecco1987Samecco1987 UK Join Date: 2016-08-13 Member: 221244Members
    Yargish89 wrote: »
    Wow thats huge looks nice though
    Are those Circles The low SIDS escape pod ?
    Are those Circles The low SIDS escape pod ?

Yes?
    They're escape pods if that's what you're asking.
    Minder came up with this which might answer your questions:
    SUBNAUTICA_INTERIOR_complete.png

• TheStellarEngineerTheStellarEngineer United States Join Date: 2017-03-19 Member: 229041Members
    That there's the Atlas. It holds 2 seamoths and has built in beds. Also the purpose of it is kinda worthless because, really, what are you even gonna do with it? It wont have weapons, or a fast enough engine, so in the end building this huge vehicle, although I want it too for all its awesomeness, is a really big waste of time and items. But dont worry! Maybe you can mod it in when the game leaves its Pre-Alpha stage.
  • AntonN_AntonN_ Sverige Join Date: 2017-08-26 Member: 232646Members
    I absolutely love the idéa and the effort you laid on this project.
    Guys, not only DoubleJ, but Anthomnia featured the Atlas in a video! Two big Subnautica Youtubers showed off the Atlas! It's spreading. Good job!
  • Diever112Diever112 Join Date: 2017-08-29 Member: 232703Members
    Man, this is just a divine submarine. If in the end it looks exactly the same as on that color sketch - I'm all hands for. In my opinion, the current form of the Cyclops is very simple, boring and made without effort, without love. You have a great model. Judging by the sketch, it is also a two-deck one, if you come up with how to fit in it all that the Cyclops can do, while making such a steep design - I shake your hand.
  • Jones108Jones108 Join Date: 2012-12-10 Member: 174670Members
    edited September 2017
    Totally awesome submarine. I have the concept art of it hanging in a picture frame inside my base. It definitely would be great to see it ingame.
  • Alrekr_IronhandAlrekr_Ironhand New Hampshire, US Join Date: 2016-03-22 Member: 214677Members
    This is a very cool-looking submarine, that's for sure. It looks like what a deep-sea research/exploration submarine should be.

However, that said ... practically speaking, where in the game would we use it except as a mobile base? It's too big for getting around the game map. It draws twice as much water as a Cyclops and is nearly three times the length. The Cyclops is already a problem to maneuver in quite a few areas. The Atlas is so big you'd almost need to carry a Cyclops to get to where you were going from the closest point you could get the Atlas to.
  • TigerTankSniperTigerTankSniper Join Date: 2016-01-20 Member: 211735Members
    HOW IS THIS THREAD STILL ALIVE!!!??? its been around for like a year now
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    HOW IS THIS THREAD STILL ALIVE!!!??? its been around for like a year now

Because the model is actually really good and awesome.
  • ZeddIsDeadZeddIsDead Australia Join Date: 2016-04-21 Member: 216029Members
    edited September 2017
    As long as I can put an Alien Containment and a Scanner Room in it I'll be happy :D

Seriously, if anything needs to be a Sub upgrade it's the Scanner Room. Otherwise it definitely wins the award for most deconstructed/reconstructed room of all time.

(oh, and your sub looks really cool btw, even better than the Cyclops!)
  • MuovipulloMuovipullo Join Date: 2017-03-24 Member: 229158Members
    I really like this idea and I want to see this in game, except lifepods inside the submarine. Yeah, I understand why you included them, but I don't think they are necessary. Instead having camera drones instead would be very cool. And you could control them from Command room.
    As long as we continue giving support, we can encourage him to continue modeling.

WE SHALL SUMMON MINDER AND BEG FOR SUBMARINE UPDATES. WE SHALL CONTINUE GIVING SUPPORT. BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY, WE SHALL OFFER COOKIES! BECAUSE WHO DOESN'T LIKE COOKIES.
  • WiirlakWiirlak Blaton Join Date: 2017-05-26 Member: 230772Members
    jeod wrote: »
    As long as we continue giving support, we can encourage him to continue modeling.

WE SHALL SUMMON MINDER AND BEG FOR SUBMARINE UPDATES. WE SHALL CONTINUE GIVING SUPPORT. BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY, WE SHALL OFFER COOKIES! BECAUSE WHO DOESN'T LIKE COOKIES.

me
    People who do not like cookies are evil.
  • Timelord_FredTimelord_Fred Join Date: 2017-07-05 Member: 231596Members
    edited September 2017
    Wow...almost 20k views
  • shmidlershmidler United States of America Join Date: 2017-09-08 Member: 232869Members
    edited September 2017
    I can't wait to see the finished version of the Atlas Submarine. I mean it already looks amazing exterior wise don't get me wrong. But for some reason, I just can't wait for the interior to be added.
This discussion has been closed.