How I deal with Reaper Leviathan!

PawPaw Deutschland Join Date: 2017-07-28 Member: 232108Members
I did a few Reaper "study's" and now i will post all stuff for u guys :smile:

Here is the list about the stuff i found out:

1. Reaper's have a actually really small aggro range. When u see one swimming over u and u have a big enough different, they are not interested to attack.
2. When u hear one but can't see him, swim near to the ground or rocks. They can't grab u almost everytime. It's way more save.
3. Best way to avoid a Reaper almost evertime is.. using the seamoth and the shock upgrade. When they grab u, use the shock attack so fast u can. They will let u go and u get way more less damage then usual!
4. Just in case -> u can swim really close tho there head. But important is u have to swim in one direction or more.. in circles. He will following u and try to eat. But after a few seconds they are bored an swim away.
5. When u swim around a reaper out of your seamoth... Take care! They will steal your seamoth and try too eat it. When u are not fast enough they will destroy it.

Another cool infos:
-Reaper eating Sandsharks and try to attack Warper.
- When a Reaper are "offended" because u are to fast or shock them, they will shake the head like.. nope not again.
- they try to attack your base when u build one in the near from then, bit they can't hurt u. But they try it a lot of times. It's totally funny to watch.

Hopefully it helps somehow :)
Since i know this stuff i can deal with them easily <3

When someone have another cool info's let me know! I'm curious!

Comments

• LulzesLulzes Join Date: 2017-07-25 Member: 232050Members
    Paw wrote: »
    - they try to attack your base when u build one in the near from then, bit they can't hurt u. But they try it a lot of times. It's totally funny to watch.

The devs will be adding the ability for bases to take damage before release, afaik.
  • PawPaw Deutschland Join Date: 2017-07-28 Member: 232108Members
    Lulzes wrote: »
    Paw wrote: »

The devs will be adding the ability for bases to take damage before release, afaik.

This would be cool but annoying too haha :)
  • EXErarEXErar Join Date: 2017-08-03 Member: 232203Members
    edited August 2017
    if u hear he,he know were u are
    the PDA give utile informations too
  • PawPaw Deutschland Join Date: 2017-07-28 Member: 232108Members
    sayerulz wrote: »
    Real men wrestle the reaper into submission with their bare hands and become the alpha reaper. You now command all the reapers, and never have to worry about enemies again, as well as having a mode of transportation vastly faster than the cyclops and capable of diving.

Seriously I'm only cool with them when I'm in my seamoth or base haha.
    I getting panik when he comes back when i swimming around outside my seamoth xD
  • ShuttleBugShuttleBug USA Join Date: 2017-03-15 Member: 228943Members
    A couple of other really random facts -- the Reaper Leviathan is seemingly based a lot on oarfish and on sea angels. Oarfish are the RL equivalent of the Reaper: a *huge*, long fish with a white body and a red mane running down its back that is actually thought to be the inspiration for legends of sea serpents. (they also have a complicated role in Japanese mythology, acting as envoys for a dragon empress in a deep undersea palace -- hmm... )
    Oarfish are 100% harmless though despite being distressing large. They're quite beautiful too. Sadly they tend to beach themselves a lot esp. prior to seismic activity. Then again, the Reaper's always had weird pathing issues too. They're also widespread and found in both the Atlantic and Pacific, but rarely actually seen.

Sea angels are basically these tiny beautiful sea slugs that swim around in the water, looking almost like tiny beautiful ghosts. But they're actually floating ambush predators that, when they see their prey, those all too familiar mandibles come out of their face and they grab 'em just as the Reaper does.

I still find the Oarfish one of the strangest things on this planet. Why would anything hunt while floating vertically? Most sea life hunt horizontally but the Oarfish? Nope, he's the loner :D
  • Timelord_FredTimelord_Fred Join Date: 2017-07-05 Member: 231596Members
    A couple of other really random facts -- the Reaper Leviathan is seemingly based a lot on oarfish and on sea angels. Oarfish are the RL equivalent of the Reaper: a *huge*, long fish with a white body and a red mane running down its back that is actually thought to be the inspiration for legends of sea serpents. (they also have a complicated role in Japanese mythology, acting as envoys for a dragon empress in a deep undersea palace -- hmm... )
    Oarfish are 100% harmless though despite being distressing large. They're quite beautiful too. Sadly they tend to beach themselves a lot esp. prior to seismic activity. Then again, the Reaper's always had weird pathing issues too. They're also widespread and found in both the Atlantic and Pacific, but rarely actually seen.

Sea angels are basically these tiny beautiful sea slugs that swim around in the water, looking almost like tiny beautiful ghosts. But they're actually floating ambush predators that, when they see their prey, those all too familiar mandibles come out of their face and they grab 'em just as the Reaper does.

The oar fish kinda looks like the crab snake
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members