Female Avatar Option Plz

Comments

• Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Bugzapper wrote: »
    At least give the player's avatar a head. Used Freecam mode once, and that was downright unsettling.

Brrrr...

I warned all of you, NOT TO DO THAT :worried:
  • TarkannenTarkannen North Carolina Join Date: 2016-08-15 Member: 221304Members
    edited July 2017
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    Bugzapper wrote: »
    At least give the player's avatar a head. Used Freecam mode once, and that was downright unsettling.

Brrrr...

I warned all of you, NOT TO DO THAT :worried:

I know it was disproved by @nesrak1 in another thread, but I still like to think that the player's disembodied head is floating around the world when I'm in FREECAM mode, and he's peeping on the Peepers sleeping in their coral homes... :cold_sweat:
  • Timelord_FredTimelord_Fred Join Date: 2017-07-05 Member: 231596Members
    Are we going to make Subnuatica like Shovel knight?
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited July 2017
    I've spent 5 minutes trying to understand what "shovel knight" had pertaining to this topic. it look an uninspired 2D game.

Please tell me, this topic isn't overblown enough and must stay up the list longer, until every poster of the forum see it and it gain 99pages repeating themselves.

Google told me something about the "sprite body swap" update for Shovel Knight, so they have a balanced gender ratio o/
  • Casual_PlayerCasual_Player That...is a really good question Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221875Members
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    I've spent 5 minutes trying to understand what "shovel knight" had pertaining to this topic. it look an uninspired 2D game.

Please tell me, this topic isn't overblown enough and must stay up the list longer, until every poster of the forum see it and it gain 99pages repeating themselves.

Google told me something about the "sprite body swap" update for Shovel Knight, so they have a balanced gender ratio o/

As a self identified virtual sprite for a computer game with sprites, I approve this move. Because muh feelings demand inclusion on everything and everywhere, no matter how sane and logical contrary opinions sound. Feelings!!!!
  • Timelord_FredTimelord_Fred Join Date: 2017-07-05 Member: 231596Members
    edited July 2017
    Shovel Knight Treasure Trove has an option to swap any of the main charecter genders
  • JackeJacke Calgary Join Date: 2017-03-20 Member: 229061Members
    DaveyNY wrote: »
    It seems to me that this video is most apropo for this convo ...

B)

While I have a large soft spot for a good song with a disco beat, I think this one might be more apropos. B)

• NuclearTestingNuclearTesting Join Date: 2017-07-27 Member: 232082Members

a51mczulanqv.png
    Unmmm... ewww! I never realized this guy was so hideous. Prepare a nuke in Silo 4... I don't care if we've never gotten one to fly. We need to take this ugly character model out! Ok... anybody know where this guy lives? I have a nuke armed I just... don't have coordinates. He probably lives in the middle of nowhere. Am I overreacting?
    Help meh.
  • sayerulzsayerulz oregon Join Date: 2015-04-15 Member: 203493Members
    No, you're undereacting. Prepare a base-delta-zero, exterminatus, and glassing, all to be deployed at the same time.
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    edited July 2017
    Ya know, It's kind of a shame he's only got one big head...
    (and that one looks like an Angel Fish!)
    :#
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    sayerulz wrote: »
    No, you're undereacting. Prepare a base-delta-zero, exterminatus, and glassing, all to be deployed at the same time.

Fire the HALO?
  • JarinJarin Los Angeles Join Date: 2013-12-16 Member: 190184Members
    Unmmm... ewww! I never realized this guy was so hideous. Prepare a nuke in Silo 4... I don't care if we've never gotten one to fly. We need to take this ugly character model out! Ok... anybody know where this guy lives? I have a nuke armed I just... don't have coordinates. He probably lives in the middle of nowhere. Am I overreacting?

You guys know that's been the character avatar since the cinematic trailer was released in 2014, right? This is not a shock.
  • garathgarath Texas Join Date: 2017-02-08 Member: 227730Members
    Jarin wrote: »

You guys know that's been the character avatar since the cinematic trailer was released in 2014, right? This is not a shock.

They've been working on the game since 2014 and *still* haven't given the poor guy a face yet??
  • ShuttleBugShuttleBug USA Join Date: 2017-03-15 Member: 228943Members
    garath wrote: »
    Jarin wrote: »

They've been working on the game since 2014 and *still* haven't given the poor guy a face yet??

Why would they, you never see your face. I do want a reflection from the in-game mirrors but if the devs want the protagonist to be a vampire I'm cool :sunglasses:
    edited July 2017
    0x6A7232 wrote: »

Fire the HALO?

FIRE EVERYTHING!!!!!!!
    edited July 2017

Fire the HALO?

FIRE EVERYTHING!!!!!!!

He can't "Fire Every Thing" ... there's nuttin' done there ... to fire with.

:#
    edited July 2017

Fire the HALO?

FIRE EVERYTHING!!!!!!!

I took your advice. There was an error in the guidance computer on one of the ICBMs. It turned arround and hit my bunker. Now I'm stuck down here and my entire arsenal has been destroyed. Oops. :|

Fire the HALO?

FIRE EVERYTHING!!!!!!!

I took your advice. There was an error in the guidance computer on one of the ICBMs. It turned arround and hit my bunker. Now I'm stuck down here and my entire arsenal has been destroyed. Oops. :|

That's why you use moar dakka instead of missiles.
  • XautosXautos Join Date: 2017-07-31 Member: 232161Members
    edited July 2017
    FirstEd wrote: »
    Dear Unknown Worlds Subnautica Team,

Please include the option to play as a female protagonist.

By looking at this chart we can see that females make up approximately 50% of the population.
    rag6ly717uxy.png

That tells us that including the female avatar will help market the game to an audience of twice the current size. Again, that's doubling your sales group in a single art asset - a pretty good value.

Secondly, when creating the female avatar, remember, that this is NOT a good representation of a female.
    6nbum7b0ut9x.jpg
    That's bad. Too skinny. No curves. Nothing feminine. Don't do that.

The following images demonstrates a much better female body type:
    kqyqsv6ldv6d.jpg
    See how she has hips and curves? Now that's a silhouette that reads 'female'. And in case you're wondering, that's Christina Hendricks in the picture.

In summary, your efforts to include a female protagonist in Subnautica would be greatly appreciated by everyone.

Thank you for reading,

~FirstEd

Well i'd prefer to see an athletic woman with an average looking body. i mean swimming around and being a crew member on a ship you got to work out and stay in top shape. i'd rather not see a stick insect and give negative ideas about what a woman should look like. i would also not like to put up this fantasy idea that the female PC should look like Christina Hendricks who likely doesn't exercise to keep her figure the way it is. Just a typical athletic average shape, noting too flashy in either direction.

i saw the female PC that UWE were working on a while ago on steam through a picture and the hair and eyes just made her look like an alien. but then again the body shape of the male PC on this game isn't exactly representative either...
    a51mczulanqv.png
    Help meh.

It's Sébastien Buemi!! I thought he was racing around in open wheelers? Didn't realise he likes the deep ocean as well.
  • supertiger2340supertiger2340 Eugene OR USA Join Date: 2017-07-21 Member: 231956Members
    I see this thread as an excuse to talk about
    Woman's​ body's
  • SpartanVIISpartanVII United States Join Date: 2017-07-31 Member: 232163Members
    I understand what the OP is getting at! Immersion! A lot of people (including myself ) like to imagine they are the characters they are playing. If you are female doing this and all you here is male voice or all you see is male likeness then it kind of tough to have that immersion.
  • GerogeRomeroGerogeRomero Jakobdavin@gmail.com Join Date: 2017-07-31 Member: 232164Members
    With all due respect, dont you think they have much, MUCH bigger problems to worry about than catering to the small female demographic that wont play games unless there is a female avatar?...
  • XautosXautos Join Date: 2017-07-31 Member: 232161Members
    With all due respect, dont you think they have much, MUCH bigger problems to worry about than catering to the small female demographic that wont play games unless there is a female avatar?...

it's only a discussion at this point and if the devs do get around to it on their own time then Kudos.
    I see this thread as an excuse to talk about
    Woman's​ body's

The male PC isn't exactly right either, the hips and legs are starters, to a lesser extent the hands, feet and head. it's more than just the female form though, it's about finding what the right proportions are to the PC models, be it male or female.
  • JudgeRhadamanthusJudgeRhadamanthus The Internet Join Date: 2015-10-01 Member: 208246Members
    I recommend clicking the facebook link in the OPs profile. Look at the first few pages of scrolling... you'll S..ee J..ust W..hat we have here.
  • FirstEdFirstEd New Mexico Join Date: 2017-06-25 Member: 231340Members
    @JudgeRhadamanthus
    Thanks for letting me know that when I answered 'Yes' to the question 'Facebook?' in my profile, that it actually generated a link. I didn't even know that 'Yes' was a valid Facebook page. O_o

My profile has been updated with my correct Facebook information.
    After little to no pondering I have come to a conclusion: the current avatar needs to be redone. I don't care if the devs wait for the last update on the roadmap, but the model needs to be redone. This guy is just unnatural!
  • ShuttleBugShuttleBug USA Join Date: 2017-03-15 Member: 228943Members
    After little to no pondering I have come to a conclusion: the current avatar needs to be redone. I don't care if the devs wait for the last update on the roadmap, but the model needs to be redone. This guy is just unnatural!

The game does take place very far in the future (not sure if an exact date was givin) so one can assume the current fashion trends have changed dramatically. 100 years ago people dressed up for school. Today you have to look as casual as possible. Who knows what horrors will spawn in 100 years :lol:
    His head is perfect...

If one likes looking like an Angel FIsh.
    71_thumb.jpg

:o