Stuck after dockin/undocking in moonpool (v51127)

OslikOslik Czech Republic Join Date: 2015-07-21 Member: 206314Members
edited July 2017 in Subnautica Bug Reporting
If I try to dock with the seamoth, seamoth shortly after docking sequence starts seamoth continue on it's way up and docks, but I will remain in water, sitting in driving position with hands on the wheel, which is not already there. It looks like I am actually still inside, because of presence of the air.
If I enter docked seamoth, it will stuck right after undocking sequence and clamp release. If I use controls I can hear engine, I can see the wheel spinning left and right, but seamoth it self is stuck. I can't even leave the seamoth.
Saving/loading game has no effect.

Comments

• DefenderX1DefenderX1 Join Date: 2017-07-23 Member: 231990Members
    Same issue. Also extends to the Cyclops docking. My PRAWN worked, kinda... but Seamoth not at all.
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    When stuck half-docked, I would recommend trying the "warpme" command, which takes you to your most recent lifepod/base/Cyclops. If that doesn't work, maybe try "kill" but that will make you lose anything gained since you last left your lifepod/base/Cyclops.

I recommend you list whether you are in experimental or stable mode for future bug reports. Version number helps more. There is a sticky thread that includes all that may be helpful in tacking the bugs. Also do an f8 report (if on pc).
  • baronvonsatanbaronvonsatan TX, USA Join Date: 2016-12-01 Member: 224415Members
    edited July 2017
    Edited because I spoke way too soon.
  • baronvonsatanbaronvonsatan TX, USA Join Date: 2016-12-01 Member: 224415Members
    edited July 2017
    narfblat wrote: »
    When stuck half-docked, I would recommend trying the "warpme" command, which takes you to your most recent lifepod/base/Cyclops. If that doesn't work, maybe try "kill" but that will make you lose anything gained since you last left your lifepod/base/Cyclops.

I recommend you list whether you are in experimental or stable mode for future bug reports. Version number helps more. There is a sticky thread that includes all that may be helpful in tacking the bugs. Also do an f8 report (if on pc).

All warpme does is warp you to your last-entered base, stuck in the seated position, unable to move, and unable to click on a hatch. Same with the biome commands.

I found that if I manually pushed my Seamoth into the moonpool, I could enter it, and then it docked normally, but I haven't exactly done extensive testing on that. It's a possible workaround, but not a guaranteed one.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    edited July 2017
    narfblat wrote: »

All warpme does is warp you to your last-entered base, stuck in the seated position, unable to move, and unable to click on a hatch. Same with the biome commands.

I found that if I manually pushed my Seamoth into the moonpool, I could enter it, and then it docked normally, but I haven't exactly done extensive testing on that. It's a possible workaround, but not a guaranteed one.

IGP got around the bug by starting a deconstruct of the Vehicle Modification Station (while facing away from the vehicle, on the off chance that it matters) down to 99%, which caused the vehicle to reset, then he reconstructed it to 100%, which resets it again, then he could get in the vehicle (both Seamoth and PRAWN) successfully.
  • OslikOslik Czech Republic Join Date: 2015-07-21 Member: 206314Members
    Edited because I spoke way too soon.

Ithougt it is clear about experimental/stable mode and version, since I wrote version in the title (v 51127, which is obviously experimental) till now, version 51131.
    edited July 2017
    I maybe found a solution. Since I had no modification station, I tried to deconstruct the moonool, in that way I lost my docked seamoth, but with a new one I can dock/undock without problems. So it seems that bug was somehow related to the previous seamoth. Probably after one of the newer builds was added.
    So I lost one seamoth with all it's content, but everything else is works well now.

edit: After deconstruction (partial is enoguh) and construction of the moonpool, seamoth won't disapear, it will be positioned just above the moonpool. And yes, it is still "broken" so it is the old seamoth what is broken, not the moonpool. So it is much better to build new one, since it works well, instad of complicated workarounds with the old one.
    Question is, can I get somhow (with console commands for example) get rid of the old one ?

edit 2: Final (I hope) solution :), no new seamoth needed:

-deconstruct the moonpool (1% down to 99% is enough)
    -construct it back
    -DON'T DOCK YET, exit seamoth
    -remove upgrades from your seamoth
    -enter your base to save inventory (optional, just to be sure)
    -exit base, enter your seamoth and now dock
    -undock
    -put upgrades back and everyhing should work fine like before.

Obviously, seamoth modules caused the problem, I had 2 of them (pressure comepnsator mk1 and storage module).
    edited July 2017
    So now Im quite sure,it is pressure compensator what is is causing the problems. Even if you solve the problem (read above), you will get stuck again sooner or later, if you have pr. comp. installed.
    ...I don't have a pressure compensator in the Seamoth I'm having Moonpool docking woes with.
    Yes, I see, having same issues like you. But it worked, yesterday. Ok, so far only solution is, to speed up towards clamps, end exit - let momentum do the work, or stop nearby, just beneath, exit and push seamoth towards - if you want to dock.
    And partialy deconstruct moonpool or upg. terminal to undock. Let's hope they will fix it soon.
  • Colt1983Colt1983 Deutschland Join Date: 2017-07-30 Member: 232132Members
    have the same problem
  • LulzesLulzes Join Date: 2017-07-25 Member: 232050Members
    Seems to be fixed now? I've tried it on the latest checkin and it worked.