Cutefish stuff

2»

Comments

• Timelord_FredTimelord_Fred Join Date: 2017-07-05 Member: 231596Members
    Tarkannen wrote: »
    @Kyman201 @Tarkannen you say you think the cute fish is ugly. What about this?
    latest?cb=20170627161241

What the heck is that demented creature encased in?

That's the cutefish egg
  • TarkannenTarkannen North Carolina Join Date: 2016-08-15 Member: 221304Members
    The "Cutefish" lays eggs? Hmm... I wonder how that works... From my understanding a player only gets one as a pet (per save file) and I dont think you can have more than one pet active at once... I mean how would the game be able to handle you interacting with more than one at any time?

Then there's the fact the "Cutefish" is supposed to be a unique gift - having more than one would diminish the fact of it being special. If you can hatch more "Cutefish", then it's no more special than say, the Warper or the Reaper Leviathan. Heck, having even just two "Cutefish" means that even the Sea Emperor Leviathan would be more unique. :open_mouth:

I'm not saying there shouldn't be a reason to hatch more pets, but I don't really see why one would exist.
  • Timelord_FredTimelord_Fred Join Date: 2017-07-05 Member: 231596Members
    edited July 2017
    The "Cutefish" lays eggs? Hmm... I wonder how that works... From my understanding a player only gets one as a pet (per save file) and I dont think you can have more than one pet active at once... I mean how would the game be able to handle you interacting with more than one at any time?

Then there's the fact the "Cutefish" is supposed to be a unique gift - having more than one would diminish the fact of it being special. If you can hatch more "Cutefish", then it's no more special than say, the Warper or the Reaper Leviathan. Heck, having even just two "Cutefish" means that even the Sea Emperor Leviathan would be more unique. :open_mouth:

I'm not saying there shouldn't be a reason to hatch more pets, but I don't really see why one would exist.

I think the egg apears in the PDA inventory when starting the game or something and then you hatch it from there
    edited July 2017

I think the egg apears in the PDA inventory when starting the game or something and then you hatch it from there

:flushed:

In that case if I should ever find a Cutefish Egg in my possession at the start of a game, I promptly will stock up on food and water, swim out to 5000 0 5000 and promptly drop it into the Void... That little Cthulu spawn will never get the chance to terrorize me in my world! :cold_sweat:

(Or I suppose I could scan the Trash Can on the Aurora and just delete it from existence entirely... That way I know he's gone if his existence is 100% vaporized) :smiley:
  • NecrovoreNecrovore Twisty Bridges Join Date: 2017-06-26 Member: 231359Members

In that case if I should ever find a Cutefish Egg in my possession at the start of a game, I promptly will stock up on food and water, swim out to 5000 0 5000 and promptly drop it into the Void... That little Cthulu spawn will never get the chance to terrorize me in my world! :cold_sweat:

(Or I suppose I could scan the Trash Can on the Aurora and just delete it from existence entirely... That way I know he's gone if his existence is 100% vaporized) :smiley:

Then they add a mirror to the game and you find out, You are the Cutefish...

hmm, there is a thought...ultimate form of the infection turns things into the Cutefish. Take too long and the game is nothing but Cutefish...everywhere. Think of it Tarkannen, everywhere you turn, a Cutefish is there waiting, even in the mirror. >:)
  • supertiger2340supertiger2340 Eugene OR USA Join Date: 2017-07-21 Member: 231956Members
    edited July 2017
    but I'll take a Crashfish pet still! :blush:

You can get crash fish eggs and hatch them they won't kill u

https://goo.gl/images/oTwCD7

Also cutefish were the original crash fish

https://goo.gl/images/DikjPZ
    Necrovore wrote: »

Then they add a mirror to the game and you find out, You are the Cutefish...

hmm, there is a thought...ultimate form of the infection turns things into the Cutefish. Take too long and the game is nothing but Cutefish...everywhere. Think of it Tarkannen, everywhere you turn, a Cutefish is there waiting, even in the mirror. >:)

A fate worse than death!

:confused::cold_sweat::cry::bawling::open_mouth::anguished::scream:

Although if we were mutated into a controllable creature like a Rabbit Ray or such, that would be kinda neat...

(But plz no, not teh Cutefish) :no_mouth:
  • iron_fist_organicsiron_fist_organics Pueblo Join Date: 2017-06-20 Member: 231206Members
    I like the cutefish. Cute And creepy. Just like this whole friggin planet lol. I'd love a hoverfish or glowy peaceful manta-thing as a pet option. Having them be a non-combat pet is awesome. Having a boneshark to watch my back or a warper or ampeel would be super beast, but would make the game a bit less hosile seeming too fast.
  • TinkaPrimeTinkaPrime United States Join Date: 2018-01-12 Member: 234983Members
    i want to train it to be a protector of me and my base/ship(s)
  • jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    People love bring threads back alive. anyways. it's sad seeing that there will be a goodbye animation
  • Hammy2211Hammy2211 Join Date: 2016-10-18 Member: 223218Members
    edited January 2018

...As far as I'm aware there are a few Cutefish eggs that spawn in predetermined locations in the world. I forget the exact count, but there's certainly more than one.

I'm pretty sure the update containing that has been in stable for a while now.

EDIT: Oh, this was a necro thread. That explains it.
  • TheDude646TheDude646 Canada Join Date: 2018-01-16 Member: 235108Members
    I can't wait to get the Cutefish in the Stable build... He's gonna become fast friends with my Propulsion Cannon and Bioreactor. :smirk:

For those who don't know or aren't aware, the Cutefish absolutely repulses and terrifies me... I just can't stand that little guy. (I apologize to all of the Cutefush lovers - I just can't embrace it as a pet.) :bawling:

*gasp*
  • TheDude646TheDude646 Canada Join Date: 2018-01-16 Member: 235108Members
    TheDude646 wrote: »
    I can't wait to get the Cutefish in the Stable build... He's gonna become fast friends with my Propulsion Cannon and Bioreactor. :smirk:

For those who don't know or aren't aware, the Cutefish absolutely repulses and terrifies me... I just can't stand that little guy. (I apologize to all of the Cutefush lovers - I just can't embrace it as a pet.) :bawling:

*gasp*

actually, now that i think of it...
  • Isummon_DurtIsummon_Durt Lower MiddleEarth Join Date: 2017-12-09 Member: 234349Members
    Something I've always found that bugs me with this game is that it goes directly against my pretty applicable theory that the way DNA works, and for organisms to clone cells, biology has to be SYMMETRICAL.
    Many creatures from subnautica have asymmetrical attributes like number of tentacles. From a scientific POV, they should have an even number of them. Except for Sea-Treaders. They have two legs and one joint-nose.
  • Isummon_DurtIsummon_Durt Lower MiddleEarth Join Date: 2017-12-09 Member: 234349Members
    Also, Crashfish would make an excellent pet.