FULL-SIZED Ghost Leviathan Now Spawns in Grand Reef!!!

2»

Comments

• kingkumakingkuma cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress Join Date: 2015-09-25 Member: 208137Members
    DrownedOut wrote: »
    Little curious, is there any word on if we'll have ghost leviathan skeletons in the LZ?

Does it HAVE a skeleton?
  • zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    Voxel wrote: »
    Little curious, is there any word on if we'll have ghost leviathan skeletons in the LZ?

That would be great!

I'd rather say we have Sea Dragon skeletons and bigger ones at the LR where the Ghost Leviathan lives. And it's probably too hot for him down at the Lava Zone or we'd have massive Sea Dragon skeletons there.
    When will the Ghost Leviathan appear at the Ghost Tree?
  • DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
    kingkuma wrote: »
    Does it HAVE a skeleton?

At least the head part seems to be solid. Just skulls would be fine too.
    zetachron wrote: »
    I'd rather say we have Sea Dragon skeletons and bigger ones at the LR where the Ghost Leviathan lives. And it's probably too hot for him down at the Lava Zone or we'd have massive Sea Dragon skeletons there.

I'm not sure what's being said here. Wouldn't the ghost make sense as part of the sea dragons' diet?
    ... I'm not sure what's being said here. Wouldn't the ghost make sense as part of the sea dragons' diet?

I favor the idea that the Ghost Leviathan kills with acid and that every giant predator trying to invade the Lost River met his acid doom there. This cold territory is the realm of the Ghost Leviathan.

Of course the story is probably that the mass extinct event caused all the skeletons at the LR, but that doesn't really explain why we only see those skeletons in masses buried in acid lakes exclusively at the LR and nowhere else. The few other skeletons at the Lava caves are recent remains from Sea Dragon dinners.
  • VoxelVoxel Join Date: 2017-07-10 Member: 231713Members
    Ok, I can't figure out how to edit my post... a liitle help?

• HerugrimHerugrim The Poconos Join Date: 2016-08-15 Member: 221402Members
    Does it spawn near the wreck? I imagine that would be a problem.

If I recall correctly we need to reach that wreck to get the moon pool, which we need to make the upgrades to defend ourselves against these critters.

I guess we could always through a creature decoy and find a corner to hide the seamoth in? I can imagine this thing destroying your ride while your checking the wreck and leaving you to drown.
  • VoxelVoxel Join Date: 2017-07-10 Member: 231713Members
    Morph_Guy wrote: »
    Here's a map I made of the Grand Reef featuring the spawn locations of the GLs and other points of interest.
    z4bugyer7lwh.png

Dude... I wish I could give you more than one awesome. This is golden! I'll give you an agree too even though it makes so sense to agree with a map.
  • The08MetroidManThe08MetroidMan Join Date: 2016-09-23 Member: 222527Members
    edited July 2017
    Morph_Guy wrote: »
    Here's a map I made of the Grand Reef featuring the spawn locations of the GLs and other points of interest.
    z4bugyer7lwh.png

Edit: Here's one with the full map but only the above-ground Ghost Leviathans:
    ugjbiiwjeudr.png

... f*ck; these things spawn in the Blood Kelp Zone, too? Although, all things considered, it makes more sense they exist there - close to the surface, however, feels another matter entirely; they make more senses limited to the deeper biomes rather than the surface ones near the Floater Island.

Also, @DrownedOut - I think any solid parts of the thing might just be some kind of cartilage rather than bone, so there's probably not much of a skeleton - just flesh and organs.

And, @zetachron - no offense, but if the Sea Dragons can live near and quite possibly bathe in lava (and they likely do in order to get the magma in their stomachs needed for those fireballs), IDK if acid could damage their hides enough to even seriously harm them, let alone kill them. Also, that's not even real acid in the LR - that's semi-acidic brine that might have turned caustic due to all the decomposing Carar-infected matter down there, something in the minerals, overly-high concentrations, etc.
    Plus, the Ghost Tree - where the Ghost Leviathan's confirmed to be hatched at - is full of brine that's not acidic. I don't mean to sound a killjoy, but when the place they're seemingly confirmed to be birthed at is free of acid, it kind of discourages the idea that they're the ones producing it.
    Sorry :(
  • LAZYNOOB2017LAZYNOOB2017 United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-12-31 Member: 225824Members
    This is pretty irrelevant here but if copyright is a YouTuber's worst enemy, then why is it the hardest thing to do to find out if something's copyrighted? I was told to search "*Insert game here* video policies" but that just shows me videos of people playing the game.
  • QuadraxisQuadraxis Join Date: 2017-09-09 Member: 232915Members
    edited September 2017
    I love Subnautica, but I don't actually play it half the time. I'm terrified of the leviathans, and the Ghost leviathan especially. Most of my fear really just comes from the fact that I've no idea where they spawn or roam, but a little bit of it also comes from the fact that Subnautica is still super buggy, and I understand that early access games always are, but it's hard to get over my early encounters with Reaper leviathans. I can remember the first time I played. A Reaper bugged out and launched out of the water just before it could grab me from behind. I wondered where it had gone, only to find out that it went to my lifepod. I had to restart. Still, I love Subnautica, and I can't wait for the full release.

I also apologize if my post is a bit off-topic or loosely based on the topic at hand, in general out of place in this forum thread. This is literally the first time I have ever posted on any game's forums.
  • ShuttleBugShuttleBug USA Join Date: 2017-03-15 Member: 228943Members
    Ill just drop this one off here...
    eu2s2bfcg2y9.png
  • AvimimusAvimimus Join Date: 2016-03-28 Member: 214968Members
  • nightm4renightm4re Join Date: 2018-12-27 Member: 247358Members
    I just saw it I know I'm very late but that scared the sh*t out of me and I looked it up I didnt know they spawned down there all I was doing was farming the shale outcrops from the sea treaders and on my way home I saw this I ran of course. And I did a test of my own if u r not in a vehicle idk about ghost reaper leviathans but just reaper leviathans u can go in circles and they cant hit u.