Who would want to leave?

gbuzz1216gbuzz1216 Join Date: 2017-03-09 Member: 228771Members
Ur family and friends are probably dead, don't have to worry about taxes, traffic, and money! U have all of this alien technology to screw around with! Also, the Carrar would be gone thanks to the baby emperors( they could also grow up and protect the person who gave them freedom and happiness from any Reapers, Sea Dragons, and other evil suckers out there!!!)

Comments

• gbuzz1216gbuzz1216 Join Date: 2017-03-09 Member: 228771Members
  • RecursionRecursion The cosmos Join Date: 2017-07-01 Member: 231505Members
    But, you could see your family again. Don't forget, they probably won't be dead, for example, paul torgal thought he had another 80 years when he turned 80. so, with liver swapping, they'll still be alive.
  • CaptainFearlessCaptainFearless CO, US Join Date: 2016-12-14 Member: 224941Members
    edited July 2017
    Think about all the future technology he had, and civilization, I think anybody would want to go back. Just enjoy the planet, then leave.
    Edit: I would stay longer than the player would to see the planet recover and see it get fully cured. Maybe new species would show up?
  • kingkumakingkuma cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress Join Date: 2015-09-25 Member: 208137Members
    edited July 2017
    Tarkannen wrote: »
    And if they turn down our settlement payment... well, there IS the Wave-Motion Sentry Gun emplacement if they decide to pay us a visit... :wink:

My guess is that gun probably going to start arms race.
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ArchaeologicalArmsRace

Somebody has to add Subanutica to TVtropes.
  • phantomfinchphantomfinch West Philadelphia , born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222128Members
    kingkuma wrote: »
    And if they turn down our settlement payment... well, there IS the Wave-Motion Sentry Gun emplacement if they decide to pay us a visit... :wink:

Subnautica

Mostly harmless.
  • TarkannenTarkannen North Carolina Join Date: 2016-08-15 Member: 221304Members
    edited July 2017
    kingkuma wrote: »

Do you mean an entry for Subnautica on the "Archaeological Arms Race" page or for an entry for Subnautica in general? I *live* for TVTropes.org, it's my #1 favorite site to visit. :love:

By the way, check out the Shout Out page for Subnautica, there's some interesting entries on there. :smiley:
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    If not, you could always use the rocket as a missile...fill it with crashfish

OI, you wanna blow up the solar system?
  • 5m4llP0X5m4llP0X Join Date: 2017-06-26 Member: 231356Members
    The complete lack of interaction with another human or someone who can understand you is reason enough to leave. Also: Rapers are another reason.
  • kingkumakingkuma cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress Join Date: 2015-09-25 Member: 208137Members
    I probably wouldn't leave... like Tarkannen said the player owes Alterra milions of credits by the end of the game. From the trans-gov PDA entry Alterra sounds like a fascist dictatorship anyway. The message to the Aurora with the rocket blueprints says that it would take Alterra years to get to 4546B anyway. You might be Reaper bait by then. If not, you could always use the rocket as a missile...fill it with crashfish

I'd just become a space pirate.
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    edited July 2017
    5m4llP0X wrote: »
    The complete lack of interaction with another human or someone who can understand you is reason enough to leave. Also: Rapers are another reason.

Either you misspelled "Reapers" or you have an entirely different version of Subnautica that I do not wish to play.

Wellllll...

Those dang Crashfish are pretty sneaky about comin' up on yer behind...

Then esplodin'!

B)
  • ShuttleBugShuttleBug USA Join Date: 2017-03-15 Member: 228943Members
    Don't forget the tremendous debt that you're incurring while you're using Alterra equipment, materials and propietary technology:
    "Remember that materials you gather are the property of the Alterra corporation. Use of these resources for survival is sanctioned, but you will be liable to reimburse the full market price. Your current bill stands at 658,000 credits."

Who knows how much debt you'll incur by the end of the game; you'll likely be indebted to work for the next 100 years (like @Recursion mentions, lifespans are much longer thanks to organ replacement tech now). :bawling:

However, on the other hand, you're the sole representative of Alterra who can stake ownership of Planet 4546B (other corporations can't touch it) but you're also a free agent - meaning maybe you don't have to answer to Alterra... There's enough Diamond, Gold, Silver and Lithium on the planet to "buy" Alterra out of their property (think of it as a 'goodwill gesture' lol). And if they turn down our settlement payment... well, there IS the Wave-Motion Sentry Gun emplacement if they decide to pay us a visit... :wink:

Well, you could become a living celebrity!

I mean they could make merch and stuff off of scuba Steve it's probably gonna pay off that debt maybe :cold_sweat:
  • RalijRalij US Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217092Members
    Loneliness driven insanity probably. You can only have so many arguments with a volleyball before you lose your wits completely.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Ralij wrote: »
    Loneliness driven insanity probably. You can only have so many arguments with a volleyball before you lose your wits completely.

Unless the volleyball has a point!
    edited July 2017
    DaveyNY wrote: »
    Kouji_San wrote: »

Wouldn't it be a Football then?

It would still 'deflate' the entire argument though.
    B)
    giphy.gif

You're a funny guy @DaveyNY

DaveyNY wrote: »

Wouldn't it be a Football then?

It would still 'deflate' the entire argument though.
    B)
    giphy.gif

You're a funny guy @DaveyNY

That's me...

I'm a regular Joe Pesci ...

OK?

B)
  • Timelord_FredTimelord_Fred Join Date: 2017-07-05 Member: 231596Members
    edited July 2017
    zetachron wrote: »
    Kyman201 wrote: »

... Actually, I imagine you meant that as a joke, but that'd be a really cute way of gathering up and acclimating a 'score' at the end of the game.

People could do repeat runs and try to aim for the LOWEST amount of Alterra Debt.

I was serious, but come to think of it that would increase the replayability of the game, wouldn't it?

For replayability, all we need are achievements, achievements and achievements

I belive achievements are in development. If not they need to be. Here are a few other ideas

Puff's Magic- Knock the sea dragons ranged attack back at it with a PRAWN

Reap what you Sow- Kill a Reaper

Old McDonald- Build the interior and exterior
    grow beds

Doh!- Drop a used nuclear rod in the ocean

Craig McGuil- Ride a Reefback in the PRAWN

Alien Zoologist- Scan all fuana in game

Alien Herbologist- Scan all Flora in game

Perfectionists- Unlock all PDA entries

Meaning of Life- Find Enzyme 42

Carousel of Progress- Unlock all technology

Speed Run- Complete the game in under 24 hours

Darwins theroy- Scan all variants of the Eye-Eye, the Peeper, and the Boomerang
    edited July 2017
    TBH, if your game is relying on achievements for replayability, there is something wrong :D
  • SilentmanSilentman Bratislava, Slovakia Join Date: 2017-06-05 Member: 230963Members

You could have the Sea emperor as a buddy, play with the kids and stuff. Not sure if it would solve the problem but it could help to the point that staying is better.
  • ozzytudorozzytudor Join Date: 2017-07-09 Member: 231701Members
    maybe you could start a whole city beyond the sea.

No Gods or Kings. Only Man.
    65c73c4e51ebc477356c5843d98a331a.jpg
    edited July 2017
    ozzytudor wrote: »
    maybe you could start a whole city beyond the sea.

No Gods or Kings. Only Man.
    65c73c4e51ebc477356c5843d98a331a.jpg

B)