Scanner room scans already picked up items

code99code99 Join Date: 2017-06-22 Member: 231261Members
Long story short, I need copper ore, i have a scanner room, i scan for limestone chunks, i harvest the scanned limestone chunks and after a while I restart the scanner room to scan for limestone again but this time with a speed and range upgrade installed.

Problem, the scanner rooms detecs the limestone chunks I already cleared ... how long does it take for it to "update" the area so it doesnt scan stuff ive already picked up?

Does it even do that or is it bugged atm?

Comments

• elfcrisiselfcrisis Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230466Members
    I've noticed this before, that it lead me to places where there were no resource nodes. I assume what it was showing me were potential spawn points, not necessarily where something had actively spawned. Probably that should be, uh, refined.

I'm on XBox, pre-Silent Running at the moment.
  • scalienscalien Join Date: 2017-05-16 Member: 230565Members
    Not only limestone chucks, but everything you have to break to collect including all the large resource nodes stay after being drilled.
  • EstebanLB01EstebanLB01 Join Date: 2017-05-09 Member: 230377Members
    edited June 2017
    They are reset only after complete game restart
    And this is as old as the Scanner room itself
  • 5m4llP0X5m4llP0X Join Date: 2017-06-26 Member: 231356Members
    I also noticed that if you pick up Salvage and turn it into Titanium the Scanner room will tell you chunks are in the room where the Fabricator is located. The Scanner room also spams you with bubbles if you happen to have Salvage in your inventory.
  • code99code99 Join Date: 2017-06-22 Member: 231261Members
    So its broken on so many levels, gotcha.
  • Titan696Titan696 Join Date: 2017-07-06 Member: 231615Members
    I've noticed on mine it seems to think scrap metal is collecting in my moonpool, there are like 20 markers showing for it but nothing is there, the room has so many things to remove if I want to deconstruct too, and I have no idea if it will fix it
  • 5m4llP0X5m4llP0X Join Date: 2017-06-26 Member: 231356Members
    Titan696 wrote: »
    I've noticed on mine it seems to think scrap metal is collecting in my moonpool, there are like 20 markers showing for it but nothing is there, the room has so many things to remove if I want to deconstruct too, and I have no idea if it will fix it
    Stop scanning, unequip the chip, scan something else then go back to scrap. You could probably skip a few steps but I noticed the issue resolves if I do other things and come back.
  • RecursionRecursion The cosmos Join Date: 2017-07-01 Member: 231505Members
    the scanner room needs a serious overhaul. i wanted copper ore, gave me all the large resource deposits.