Changes in the Voice of the Deep that need changing.

13»

Comments

• EkUlEkUl Germany Join Date: 2017-05-03 Member: 230214Members
    DaveyNY wrote: »
    I wish They would go back to the previous PDA Blueprint setup.

No, definitely not! The new one with categories is MUCH better than the old one without categories.
    I liked it better when it was set up with tabs at the top.

Yepp, THIS would be a good style. :smile:
  • DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
    EkUl wrote: »
    DaveyNY wrote: »
    I wish They would go back to the previous PDA Blueprint setup.

No, definitely not! The new one with categories is MUCH better than the old one without categories.

The categories are fine, but what happened to having an immediate overview of what blueprints one's working on and that little brilliant QoL bit where getting the first fragment of a thing would make the blueprints of related things visible so you'd know what you were missing?

I also could do with the previous smaller icons because scrolling so much isn't fun.
  • EkUlEkUl Germany Join Date: 2017-05-03 Member: 230214Members
    DrownedOut wrote: »
    The categories are fine, but what happened to having an immediate overview of what blueprints one's working on and that little brilliant QoL bit where getting the first fragment of a thing would make the blueprints of related things visible so you'd know what you were missing?

Another tab called "Incomplete" which contains all unfinished blueprints can help in this case.
  • orobourosorobouros US Join Date: 2016-04-01 Member: 215163Members
    orobouros wrote: »
    korniton wrote: »
    I love this game but, the story is too short. You can complete it in less than 4 hours following just the messages. :(
    This !!!

With the implemented "you'll get an auto-beacon for everywhat" the devs shorten the story extremely and destroying much of the exploring character of the game.
    E.g.: You get a beacon for the thermal plant inside the Lava Castle. Everyone will go straight to it instead of exploring and fear the great designed biome.
    Absolute immersion killer in my opinion and to much help for the player. Same for the research facility.

Also one part of the endgame its not really good. Why we can use the fabricator for "a very important recipe" instead to use the aquarium to produce it?
    Also a great immersion killer for the otherwise fantastic sequence.

Greets After_Midnight

I seriously doubt there will ever be actual beacons to the deep precursor story facilities, unless the player puts them there themselves.

You... You know there already are right? For literally EVERY deep facility. The data you find in each one gives you a ping for the next one's EXACT LOCATION. The way you worded this implies there aren't and never were. Surely you must have meant after 1.0, right?

You're technically right and I was being vague to the point of contradiction.

What I mean is your nice, safe Comm Relay isn't going to give them to you - you have to go down as far as the DRF and get them, on your own time, not on a timer or other arbitrary trigger. Besides, there isn't one for the DRF, just a vague hint. From the way the Devs talk, that sounds like what they really want for all the deep facilities. Don't know why they're not following through on thtat. You've already got descriptions of roughly where they are, and the lower areas are fairly linear once you get past the LR Junction. The actual signals do seem superfluous.

On yet the other hand, now that I think about it, it saves you from having to hop out into scalding, Leviathan-infested waters and set your own beacons...
  • BDelacroixBDelacroix Florida Join Date: 2016-04-08 Member: 215511Members
    I do miss the snarky "good job not dying".